Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #381
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Incredible, absolutely incredible.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:58 PM   #382
IronGold
Justice League

Man this piece is beast!
IronGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:29 PM   #383
NinNin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
For Hulkbuster? That list states that convention exclusives will have an ES of 50-150....
Here's how I interpret that list. Everything under the "special event allocations" section are preorders sold anywhere between 50 and 150 units. Apparently XM does this for every major event.

From what I understand, these at event preorders cut into the overall ES which does not exceed their 999 cap. I have no idea how many allocations they set aside for Hulkbuster in particular, though I imagine it's on the low end.

Also, Hulkbuster is a weird case because it's an event exclusive not an XM exclusive, and I dont see any other event exclusives on that list other than that ogre bust. Does that mean it won't even go up for sale on their site? Idk, but If that's the case then the aftermarket for this thing will be even more insane.

All I know is I preordered it as soon as I got the chance to. Back when it was just concept art. I knew I needed this. It's the only Iron Man I need for my Avengers collection. It'll probably be the most epic piece I have for the foreseeable future.
NinNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:20 AM   #384
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinNin View Post
From what I understand, these at event preorders cut into the overall ES which does not exceed their 999 cap. I have no idea how many allocations they set aside for Hulkbuster in particular, though I imagine it's on the low end.

Also, Hulkbuster is a weird case because it's an event exclusive not an XM exclusive, and I dont see any other event exclusives on that list other than that ogre bust. Does that mean it won't even go up for sale on their site? Idk, but If that's the case then the aftermarket for this thing will be even more insane.
If that's the case it makes sense. I always thought this peice was event exclusive only. I also seem to remember that it could only be preordered in 2016 events only and after that, no dice.

I don't know how I got that impression though. On reflection it makes no sense they would do that. going to try and find where I think I heard it.

Either way. This peice is incredible. It will be a grail just based on price and size alone so ES won't matter. Especially because I can't imagine anyone that gets it will ever won't to sell!
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #385
NinNin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
If that's the case it makes sense. I always thought this peice was event exclusive only. I also seem to remember that it could only be preordered in 2016 events only and after that, no dice.
It should still be an event exclusive. I haven't heard anything different in that regard. The only available to preorder at events in 2016 part, I dont remember, but you may be right. I'll have to dig through the XM posts.

That's interesting because I was wondering when they would stop offering event preorders for it, and if you're right, by now they should know the final es. It would also mean you couldn't preorder it this weekend. Someone clarify if you know the deatails please.
NinNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #386
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Here is a video from Koleksi Saya @ TCC

https://youtu.be/4BNAaFUtWPY

I'm so excited to see this beast painted. I'm hoping for some fresh automotive red paint with minor weathering. I really would love to see the red not washed out.
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #387
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
Here is a video from Koleksi Saya @ TCC

https://youtu.be/4BNAaFUtWPY

I'm so excited to see this beast painted. I'm hoping for some fresh automotive red paint with minor weathering. I really would love to see the red not washed out.
cool vid Lotus
Old 04-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #388
Joel
The Herculoids

Video of Hulkbuster XM Studios statue work in progress at TCC:
https://youtu.be/k4pytqozmbs
Old 04-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #389
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

This is my first the best Ironman out there bar none. I wish I could swing the price.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #390
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Alright - time to have the conversation of how an American acquires an Event Exclusive. This thing is an utter mountain of excellence. I was never even considering this, but..damn.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote