"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Now to design a base
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:25 AM   #63
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Almost there, I just need to put some more amazon water plants jutting up from what will be the water portion of the base and add some water ripples.

I have some really creative ideas on how I want to cast this, like using clear resin or acrylic for the water with the inside portion of the base painted to look like the bottom of the lagoon. No idea what this will cost me to get made yet though.

Also, I started on a stylized Gillman based on a sketch I did in the middle of the night. Not sure if this will be another bust or if I'm going to make this a full figure but the vibe is something I might make into an evil cartoon version of the Creature. It might make a good small figure, we'll see as I'm kinda making this one up as I go.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:01 AM   #64
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Finished my Classic Creature sculpt, I'll be slicing and keying the sculpt soon and sending this off to a couple places for printing prices

Old 09-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #65
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Finished my Classic Creature sculpt, I'll be slicing and keying the sculpt soon and sending this off to a couple places for printing prices

3-D printing or regular art prints?

Looks cool.

Last edited by Josh-a-tron; 09-22-2017 at 12:09 AM.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:10 AM   #66
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QX403 View Post
3-D printing or regular art prints?

Looks cool.
Damn it, it the wrong button on your post and it went to editing.

Anyway Thank you,
3D printing. It's a present for a couple family members that fans of the Creature...though i'd be lying if I said i wasn't going to keep one for myself.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:30 PM   #67
QX403

Quote:
Damn it, it the wrong button on your post and it went to editing.

Anyway Thank you,
3D printing. It's a present for a couple family members that fans of the Creature...though i'd be lying if I said i wasn't going to keep one for myself.
Nice, what size? What are they quoting for pricing now? I've contemplated buying a 3-d printer but the home models are limited by size restrictions. I can only imagine the possibilities with industrial sized ones.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #68
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Nice, what size? What are they quoting for pricing now? I've contemplated buying a 3-d printer but the home models are limited by size restrictions. I can only imagine the possibilities with industrial sized ones.
I haven't decided who to go with yet there are a couple of services I might use but I'm thinking half scale or close to it. Won't be cheap though. Probably going to cost upwards of 1500 to 2000. Smaller sizes though you can get for a few hundred dollars on high detail printers. I tried going the cheap route for some custom jewelry, came out terrible. Learned my lesson.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #69
QX403

Quote:
I haven't decided who to go with yet there are a couple of services I might use but I'm thinking half scale or close to it. Won't be cheap though. Probably going to cost upwards of 1500 to 2000. Smaller sizes though you can get for a few hundred dollars on high detail printers. I tried going the cheap route for some custom jewelry, came out terrible. Learned my lesson.
The printer quality plays a big role in the final product. Some 3-D printers just suck and can't do small fine detail work well, or they try to print the whole thing at once.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:54 AM   #70
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
The printer quality plays a big role in the final product. Some 3-D printers just suck and can't do small fine detail work well, or they try to print the whole thing at once.
Definitely does. I thought I might be able to get away with it with jewelry but when the prototype arrived I was pretty upset. It didn't look fit to be in s crackerjack box. I don't know where I'll go for custom jewelry yet, its a pretty lucrative side business. But statues and figures there are a few places with the quality printers you can go to. They just charge a bunch is all.

If were going to buy a printer the Form 2 caught my eye but the price tag is a bit much, supposedly it's the best desktop printer around though.