Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #301
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
The Matrix will be there with Optimus Prime, but not in the hand.
Cool
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #302
slynger
Hellboy

I understand them wanting to keep the price in check as much as possible.

While I don't like the idea of them throwing in the extra parts with future TF releases - I think they could save a bit of a PR nightmare if they at least offered the pieces to those that PO Prime. At least give the people that are fronting the money the opportunity to purchase those extra pieces. Shutting the door on them and saying you have to buy another statue is a dangerous road to go down.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #303
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Would honestly prefer the extra switch outs or parts and not the truck mode.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #304
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
If that's the case then including additional Optimus parts with other characters simply increases the price and weight of those other characters. The final cost is the same no matter how you want to cut it.

I can understand XM may be trying to make this work despite having gone out to early with info. Please just don't lock me into having to spend $2-3000 on something else to get an extra arm that I will ultimately feel I need to complete my baby. Yep you might say Optimus will be complete "as is" but I can assure you there are others out there like me that will get so disappointed if we don't get a particular available switchout down the track.

Glad you are planning to get the whole line and therefore not be upset by this, but put yourself my my shoes for a second. I am planning on buying 2 major statues over the next 12+ months; Optimus and Hulk Buster. They are both SIGNIFICANT outlays of $'s for me. I want to know that the big decision to take the plunge on these has got me the best of the best IN THAT PEICE. Not an amazing statue that I know could be better if I spend another huge amount on something I don't consider mandatory for my collection.

Maybe I fall in love with the whole line and decide I want to buy them all;

And what if we do want the character that comes with another peice to complete Optimus but can't get our hands on that character to get the "bonus Optimus switch out" it comes with?? XM statues aren't exactly easy to get at RRP and aftermarket prices on these guys will likely price me out even if you only add 30% to RRP.

So if XM are keeping the price and shipping managed, fine, just let us buy the add ons separately and pay the commensurate cost and shipping of said pieces. Please don't hold me to ransom to buy other statues.
Ok....first bold point. Would you feel the same if Hasbro said...nope XM we change our minds...you can't do the hologram arm? Would it change your mind about getting this Optimus? Be honest, because even long before the hologram arm, alt head, and right arm holding the matrix was shown, Optimus Prime was already a must buy just simply due to the concept, design, size and what not.

I get it...the hologram arm IMO is my favorite display for the left arm...and I absolutely want that part. And looking at it from your point of view...kind of SOL since it doesn't come with the main statue anymore. I'd be pissed or bummed about it but it wouldn't diminish my opinon of the statue itself. See the arm for Optimus now becomes an EXTRA (which is what it always was).

Let's say XM was to offer anyone to buy the extra parts (it wouldn't just be one because the cost would be even more for having different packages made to accomodate each piece). Would you buy all the extra parts? See personally, now that the matrix comes in his chest and lights up...I don't care for the extra arm holding the matrix anymore. But others might be different. Some may not want the trailer...but they do want roller. Others don't want roller but they want the trailer. Do you see the potential logistical problems that can arise from this? Doing it this way is too complex and even more costlier in the long run.

Let's look at a second way of solving this problem. Say XM offers the collector the opportunity to buy all the extras (left arm, right arm, head, trailer...possibly, roller, etc.) all in one package. Now you are looking at less of a logistic nightmare...but now you are looking at the cost of a single XM statue just to have the extra parts that was shown before...with some newer stuff like the trailer...if they do the trailer that is. The cost for those extra parts would cost at least a good $600USD or more.

Now let's go the third way...XM could offer everything in one frikkin huge box but instead of $2199 SGD = $1577 USD you would now be looking at 2999 SGD = $2151 USD. That is not taking into account a much bigger box or a third box that would cost an extra $300 - $400 more than what you would be paying for the Optimus as is. See how pricey that is?

Now let's go a fourth way...XM could offer both a regular Prime (which is the current way it is set up), and also offer a DELUXE Prime (which comes with the extra parts). Well, the cost as stated before still stands. I guarantee you some will forgo the Deluxe because of the cost and also they may think...I don't need all that extra stuff anyway...I just want Prime. Then you will have those like yourself and myself that want everything that was shown. You still want to pay that high cost for the few extra parts?

Let's go to the final way which is the current way XM has it set up. Get the Optimus Prime (which you and I plan on getting anyway...cause even without the hologram arm and head...it is an unbelieveable statue) that comes with lots of switch out parts (2 left arm, 2 right arm, 1 rocket pack, 1 truck mode, 1 light up matrix in the chest). That's a lot of stuff to come with a statue...period! But XM is thinking hey...we can still have all the parts, but mitigate the cost of Optimus significantly by splitting the EXTRA parts into a couple other various autobot TFs. IF a collector wants Bumblebee as an example, now they don't have to pay an a ton of money to get an extra part for Optimus. Bumblebee, keep in mind is a small character. To add the extra arm and head to that package is much, much less than if you put all the extras that some may not even want in one big box. The shipping cost would now be more like $60 - $100 more than what it would have cost if it was just Bumblebee itself. Much less than $400 - $500 dollars.

I am not sayin this is all how it is...but more how it could be and all the logistical decisions one has to make when trying to take into account cost, effective packaging, and giving the collector the most XM can the most reasonable way.

The second bold point, you would be able to get the part you want especially if want another character that the part comes in because it is MTO (Made to Order) with a cap on ES more than likely. This is great because it will significantly or maybe altogether cut out aftermarket overpricing shenanigans.

Lastly, XM isn't holding anyone ransom to buy other characters in the TF line. You are going to buy other characters because you like that character...not because Prime extra parts come with. At this point, any extra parts that come with other Autobots would just be icing on the cake.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #305
NinNin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic View Post
Would honestly prefer the extra switch outs or parts and not the truck mode.

(Full disclosure I'm not buying this. I've got Hulkbuster on order and thats as much as I can handle when it comes to these big a$$ expensive pieces from XM)

Unfortunately this is a situation where showing those WIP images and early preorders ends up being a double edged sword for XM. People expect to get those parts with the piece now that they've put money down.

I personally don't care for the truck at all. I think it's unnecessary and comes off as a consolatory add-on. I also think the inclusion of the omitted parts in future TF pieces is unnecessary and a bad move because its just going to incite more complaints and accusations of being shady, when it's probably just an honest alternative they came up with to get those parts to collectors. Not saying it's the best option they could have thought of, but at least it's something.

I kind of feel bad for XM because I believe they mean well and care about pleasing collectors. Maybe they're trying a little too hard to please everyone and ending up pleasing no one in this instance. Unfortunately they underestimated this piece and got a little too ambitious, which resulted in them having to revise the price and final product.

Personally I dont see much of a reason to complain here, but again I'm not buying it so I'm not invested like others are. In any case the parts you aren't getting don't make or break the statue. IMO the implementation of the matrix now is better than it was before. Also, you can get a refund if you don't agree with the changes, which is much easier for those actually in their licensed region, I know.
NinNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #306
slynger
Hellboy

Where did you guys see these new pics of the Matrix at, I can't find them?
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:21 PM   #307
Statueenvy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
I don't think any pics are available yet but I believe it's in his chest and lights up.
Statueenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:33 PM   #308
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I understand them wanting to keep the price in check as much as possible.

While I don't like the idea of them throwing in the extra parts with future TF releases - I think they could save a bit of a PR nightmare if they at least offered the pieces to those that PO Prime. At least give the people that are fronting the money the opportunity to purchase those extra pieces. Shutting the door on them and saying you have to buy another statue is a dangerous road to go down.
Going to say I agree. If XM only includes the extra parts with other TFs there are going to be a lot of guys who react in a VERY negative way.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:47 PM   #309
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinNin View Post

(Full disclosure I'm not buying this. I've got Hulkbuster on order and thats as much as I can handle when it comes to these big a$$ expensive pieces from XM)

Unfortunately this is a situation where showing those WIP images and early preorders ends up being a double edged sword for XM. People expect to get those parts with the piece now that they've put money down.

I personally don't care for the truck at all. I think it's unnecessary and comes off as a consolatory add-on. I also think the inclusion of the omitted parts in future TF pieces is unnecessary and a bad move because its just going to incite more complaints and accusations of being shady, when it's probably just an honest alternative they came up with to get those parts to collectors. Not saying it's the best option they could have thought of, but at least it's something.

I kind of feel bad for XM because I believe they mean well and care about pleasing collectors. Maybe they're trying a little too hard to please everyone and ending up pleasing no one in this instance. Unfortunately they underestimated this piece and got a little too ambitious, which resulted in them having to revise the price and final product.

Personally I dont see much of a reason to complain here, but again I'm not buying it so I'm not invested like others are. In any case the parts you aren't getting don't make or break the statue. IMO the implementation of the matrix now is better than it was before. Also, you can get a refund if you don't agree with the changes, which is much easier for those actually in their licensed region, I know.
Yeah, that was the biggest issue in this situation. But like with anything...live and learn. I don't forsee a situation like that happeneing again...like say with Megatron.

There was just no way to know the cost to manufacture this with this many parts until the print out was finished. But now XM has a firm knowledge of understanding of just how much something of this magnitude will cost.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #310
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
You will see at TCC..that's for sure. XM hasn't posted pics yet.