Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #311
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Going to say I agree. If XM only includes the extra parts with other TFs there are going to be a lot of guys who react in a VERY negative way.
Some people are going to react negatively anyways. If its not about the cost, its about the extras. If its not the extras its the cost. Maybe the size of the truck is too small or unwanted. But I WANT the truck because its a great reminder of the alt mode...but furthermore it helps XM stands out from other companies.

Complaints are going to happen anyways...sad though that may be.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #312
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Some people are going to react negatively anyways. If its not about the cost, its about the extras. If its not the extras its the cost. Maybe the size of the truck is too small or unwanted. But I WANT the truck because its a great reminder of the alt mode...but furthermore it helps XM stands out from other companies.

Complaints are going to happen anyways...sad though that may be.
Okay m8. I get your point entirely, but if XM doesn't give people the option to buy the "extra" pieces separately, but as extras that come with another complete statue, then people are going to take aim at them and it isn't going to be pretty.

If you offer people the ability to purchase the parts separately they would cost what? $500 plus shipping. If they include them with other statues then people have to pay what?? $2500-$3000 on two statues that they might not even want. Sure they have the choice to NOT buy the pieces either way, but one is cheaper then the other. Now they could always offer both options, but what happens if people have trouble getting the follow up TFs and miss out on the pieces in the end. Collectors should have a choice. Get the pieces separately or with the other TFs.... choice is better

Now, I even have another option which is just don't have the extra pieces then you get the whole piece in one affordable box. This might be the best and least offensive way to go about it in the end.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #313
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
You will see at TCC..that's for sure. XM hasn't posted pics yet.
Hi Loric,

Do you know if XM is going to show any other Transformers at the Thailand Comic Con besides Optimus?
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #314
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Where did you guys read this information that Optimus pieces are coming with other statues?
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:13 PM   #315
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

What really drew me to the statue was the hologram arm, now that it's not coming with it, the want has significantly diminished. As a US buyer, cost is significant so I will have to really sit down and decide if it's still worth it for me. And like the poster said a few pages ago, I just don't feel like OP will be complete knowing the option I want is still out there. I would rather pay more of the extra options knowing I'm getting the complete statue. I would already be in for a couple grand, another few hundred wouldn't deter me but having to buy a whole other statue, no thanks.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:17 PM   #316
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
Where did you guys read this information that Optimus pieces are coming with other statues?
It was stated on the XM FB page

Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:52 PM   #317
Statueenvy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
What really drew me to the statue was the hologram arm, now that it's not coming with it, the want has significantly diminished. As a US buyer, cost is significant so I will have to really sit down and decide if it's still worth it for me. And like the poster said a few pages ago, I just don't feel like OP will be complete knowing the option I want is still out there. I would rather pay more of the extra options knowing I'm getting the complete statue. I would already be in for a couple grand, another few hundred wouldn't deter me but having to buy a whole other statue, no thanks.
Well said. I'm also US buyer and I won't be surprised if the shipping on this beauty is around 600 .
Statueenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #318
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm honestly kind of disappointed still that XM decided to go with this approach. It's the statue version of video games where unless you buy addons or expansion packs, you wont get the full experience of the game you paid for.

This is a terrible decision that comes off as trying to string along your customers to force them to buy future releases as opposed to including all the switch outs up front. I'd rather pay extra now to have all the parts than to be forced to buy pieces I don't really want to complete the Optimus. I may have to reconsider getting this as it's already a hassle to have to deal with procuring this in the states.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #319
Joel
The Herculoids

Thanks Loric.

I really appreciate your comments, you are a prominent member of this comminuty.

Just can't agree with you on this point at all.

People will complain anyway. They will complain more about bad decisions. As my posts are (hopefully) constructive, I prefer to think of my posts as "input" trying to effect the final outcome. The fact I even think that is one of the reasons I love XM so much.

If XM releases him how he is, I'd be fine with it. WIP is just that and how they are able to release the final version is up to them and takes many factors into account. Yup there will still be some who hate it, but we would cop it cause that's a companies purogative.

Including parts with other statues is starting to encroach on the collectors purogative. There's certain rights will feel we should have, especially when we spend this much money on something we love so much.

Personally I feel like having the ability to have a complete statue when you spend this much money is not too high an expectation. Bundling with other units does not give us all this ability. Either from the prohibitively high costs involved OR the fact we can't source a piece. Obviously you know XM so will have access to any item you want, I have to fight for hard for each one. Hell I don't even know if I will be able to secure this bad boy yet! Will kill me if I don't!
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #320
Joel
The Herculoids

My suggestion for a solution;

Leave out the truck - include all switch outs, purchase truck seperate?

Or

Go with current idea, people like yourself get the extras with other statues and save money but offer a pack other Optimus owners can purchase so they have all items for their baby.

Or

Leave the extras out all together and release him how he is. I love the holo arm, but would prefer this last option to only having it available with another peice.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote