Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #11
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Now if only I can get my shipping notice soon.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #12
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Mine is still trapped in philly!!!!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:19 PM   #13
The13thWarlock

So I finally got my Medusa in today. I'm not overly wowed.

There is a lot of good in this statue. I know people complained about her skin but I think it looks pretty good.

I didn't like the snake mouth paint app. I thought it was sloppy and rushed. The color isn't that bad, per se... but it's not good. However, I'm not blasting the statue over this, as that's how it looked, color wise, in Arahoms prototype piece. So it is what it is.

On my piece, the painting on the arm bands was sloppy. Like 5th grade art project sloppy. Shame on you, Chinese person with a paint brush... shame on you.

I wasn't a big fan of how there is a gap at the top of the hairline... snake line... where the face fits on. There is a price to pay for interchangeable faces and this is it. Is it a big deal... I don't know, maybe. It's definitely a piece to be displayed above eye level.

The problem for me was the rear skirt. I think it warped somehow. It doesn't fit right and there is a gap. I looked at other people's statues and it fit fine. I guess I was just lucky.

I left ARH an email about all of this and requested they send me a new rear skirt. To my suprise, wishing minutes Spencer had a reply back to me with a shipping label and an offer to send me out a new one that they personally checked. I couldn't have asked for much more than that. Kudos to ARH for kick ass response time and customer service.

I denied that though. I just want them to send me a new rear skirt. It's just too much for me to pack it all up and send it back to them. I have some brush skills and can touch the paint up myself.

Overall, was it worth the money... I'm on the fence. Maybe I'm being too picky, maybe I just want too much for my $500. Either way, they are really going to have to impress me before they get more of my money. I said that these next two statues would be setting my course for ARH and one has come sloppy and damaged and they can't even deleiver the other one as promised.

I think Arahom is probably a cool guy and I think Spencer is busting his ass to keep people happy, but at the end of the day for me, I'm just not satisfied with the product or the buying experience. Arhian Forever, which is mostly paid for, is probably going to be my last ARH statue.

I'm not going to say that I won't come back... let them come out with Arhian and Arkhalla in some type of 1:4 scale lesbian sex scene and I'm hooked all over again

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5797.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	102505

Name:	IMG_5798.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	102506

Name:	IMG_5799.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	102507

Name:	IMG_5800.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	102508
Old 03-08-2017, 08:27 PM   #14
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post

There is a lot of good in this statue. I know people complained about her skin but I think it looks pretty good.

I didn't like the snake mouth paint app. I thought it was sloppy and rushed. The color isn't that bad, per se... but it's not good. However, I'm not blasting the statue over this, as that's how it looked, color wise, in Arahoms prototype piece. So it is what it is.

On my piece, the painting on the arm bands was sloppy. Like 5th grade art project sloppy. Shame on you, Chinese person with a paint brush... shame on you.

I wasn't a big fan of how there is a gap at the top of the hairline... snake line... where the face fits on. There is a price to pay for interchangeable faces and this is it. Is it a big deal... I don't know, maybe. It's definitely a piece to be displayed above eye level.

The problem for me was the rear skirt. I think it warped somehow. It doesn't fit right and there is a gap. I looked at other people's statues and it fit fine. I guess I was just lucky.

I left ARH an email about all of this and requested they send me a new rear skirt. To my suprise, wishing minutes Spencer had a reply back to me with a shipping label and an offer to send me out a new one that they personally checked. I couldn't have asked for much more than that. Kudos to ARH for kick ass response time and customer service.

I denied that though. I just want them to send me a new rear skirt. It's just too much for me to pack it all up and send it back to them. I have some brush skills and can touch the paint up myself.

Overall, was it worth the money... I'm on the fence. Maybe I'm being too picky, maybe I just want too much for my $500. Either way, they are really going to have to impress me before they get more of my money. I said that these next two statues would be setting my course for ARH and one has come sloppy and damaged and they can't even deleiver the other one as promised.

I think Arahom is probably a cool guy and I think Spencer is busting his ass to keep people happy, but at the end of the day for me, I'm just not satisfied with the product or the buying experience. Arhian Forever, which is mostly paid for, is probably going to be my last ARH statue.

I'm not going to say that I won't come back... let them come out with Arhian and Arkhalla in some type of 1:4 scale lesbian sex scene and I'm hooked all over again

Attachment 102505
Attachment 102506
Attachment 102507
Attachment 102508
Don't worry. Everything is OK.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:47 PM   #15
clearwater74
Doh!

Yeah, that's a pretty rough paint job for $500
clearwater74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:56 PM   #16
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater74 View Post
Yeah, that's a pretty rough paint job for $500
Overall, the paint app is very good... the faces are done especially nice. They just dropped the ball on the snake mouth and arm bands.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:59 PM   #17
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

It sucks, but that is just how this company is. Everything that you found wrong with w/legs is the same that I found with Victorious adding the botched ES numbering and COA. So after all of the complaints with Victorious, they failed to correct them w/legs. BTW we will recall that Victorious was a 1K statue.

ARH does not seem to understand that its the little things that go along way. Instead, we spend so much time keeping on top of them and we are not even on their payroll. Im just glad that Im not as heavily invested in this company as others are. It sucks for them, but if the Sha-Ryn situation is not fixed I could always sell it for what I can and cut my losses.

I do collect superhero and gaming stuff so most of my collection is focused with three other companies, but I will say this. At no time have I ever felt the level of stress as I have with ARH. With these guys we really don't know what we are going to get.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:09 AM   #18
StarSoldier
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Overall, the paint app is very good... the faces are done especially nice. They just dropped the ball on the snake mouth and arm bands.
Given the number of Medusa versions including repaints ARH has done, one would have expected a perfect statue yet your feedback on this one is really underwhelming 😖 Apparently one of the next projects is 1/3 scale Medusa so maybe that one will be the perfect one - one can always hope. Regardless though, I will go with this one because I like the pose and the scale is just perfect for my shelf space. Sad they messed up on some of the the paint job though.
StarSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:10 AM   #19
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I feel that they will never be the ARH that was before Frazetta.All the stuff before that was spot one,sculpts,paint,the company was running smooth.After the Frazetta,ARH just went downhill in everything.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:22 AM   #20
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSoldier View Post
Given the number of Medusa versions including repaints ARH has done, one would have expected a perfect statue yet your feedback on this one is really underwhelming 😖 Apparently one of the next projects is 1/3 scale Medusa so maybe that one will be the perfect one - one can always hope. Regardless though, I will go with this one because I like the pose and the scale is just perfect for my shelf space. Sad they messed up on some of the the paint job though.
THIS IS NOT A BAD STATUE. It did have damage, in the form of a warped rear skirt. The paint on the arm bands and snake mouth was sloppy. But ARH did stand behind the product.

And overall, the paint app, especially on the skin is pretty good. I would recommend displaying this slightly above eye level, this will fix the head gap issue.

People are getting this statue and loving it. So don't be overly hesitant to pull the trigger based on what I am saying. Once I get the new skirt in from ARH, I'd rate this statue a 6 out of 10. After a few hours of touch up work on the paint, this might go up to a 7 or 8. Not bad.