Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-23-2020, 09:26 PM   #571
built2shred
Phoenix

They both look good, but I would tip my hat to XM's version as I like the pose better... SS he's like arching his back and the XM version he's lunging forward in attack mode... but you really can't go wrong with either one and SS is about $300 cheaper when you factor in shipping costs...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:43 PM   #572
FeistyMidget
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The SS version looks like he's in attack mode as well. Reminds me of a documentary I watched about lions and how they would arch back on their hind legs a bit to deliver a strike with their front paws. He looks like he's coiling up to deliver strong blow to his enemy.

I agree they both look good. I slightly prefer the XM version because of how the suit on the SS version looks like it's just painted on (yet still having more texture than the XM version).
FeistyMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #573
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Did SS ever make a wendigo statue with a snow covered base? I'm rather keen on pairing this Sabre with a cool looking wendigo.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:01 AM   #574
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Did SS ever make a wendigo statue with a snow covered base? I'm rather keen on pairing this Sabre with a cool looking wendigo.
No...lol. They’ll get around to it after they make 20 more Wolverines
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:09 AM   #575
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That wendigo would be enormous I don’t think it would ever be made . I remember Bowen did one and it made other characters including the hulk look small
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #576
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
No...lol. They’ll get around to it after they make 20 more Wolverines
Yup. So many other characters that haven't been made. Pisses me off. I hope they do another Hulk. I still don't have one in my collection. At least in 1/4 scale. I have a small Hulk statue.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #577
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
The SS beard I get what you mean, it reminds me of the lining of a denim winter jacket.
Lol, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Sabretooth is animalistic but he’s not an actual animal. I can do without that hair texture they gave his face.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:45 AM   #578
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Yup. So many other characters that haven't been made. Pisses me off. I hope they do another Hulk. I still don't have one in my collection. At least in 1/4 scale. I have a small Hulk statue.
Character selection is weird. Even Sabretooth, this is his 3rd PF? Meanwhile, Beast, Archangel, Iceman, Bishop, Professor X and Jubilee have zero. I need to see at least one of them this year. They’ve ran out of X-Men to redo anyway, I think Storm is the only one they haven’t redone.

And if they can do Taskmaster they can do other X-Men characters like Havok, Omega Red, Mr. Sinister, Lady Deathstrike, etc. But I think at these prices they won’t take certain chances...Kitty Pryde can’t even get her own PF and is relegated to being an extra.

Sideshow also has room for a standing upright regular non-gimmick Hulk in 1/4 and a modern Iron Man in 1/4. Sadly, they’ll both likely be over priced maquettes at this point.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:45 PM   #579
Rasp Lame
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Character selection is weird. Even Sabretooth, this is his 3rd PF? Meanwhile, Beast, Archangel, Iceman, Bishop, Professor X and Jubilee have zero. I need to see at least one of them this year. They’ve ran out of X-Men to redo anyway, I think Storm is the only one they haven’t redone.

And if they can do Taskmaster they can do other X-Men characters like Havok, Omega Red, Mr. Sinister, Lady Deathstrike, etc. But I think at these prices they won’t take certain chances...Kitty Pryde can’t even get her own PF and is relegated to being an extra.

Sideshow also has room for a standing upright regular non-gimmick Hulk in 1/4 and a modern Iron Man in 1/4. Sadly, they’ll both likely be over priced maquettes at this point.
I can only imagine maybe Sabretooth costs less than the likes of Beast, Archangel and Iceman to licence. Surely they would sell more of those figures than a 3rd release Sabretooth.
Rasp Lame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:10 PM   #580
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yes, him.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote