Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-31-2018, 12:11 AM   #181
dechirico7
The Flash

Why is his skin the same color as the mask and armor. He should have gray skin!!!! WTF moment.really glad I didn't PO this one. Really loved the proto, hated the price. But I was considering it with the new masks. But I find those too bulky and the factory paint on this piece disappointing. Fabric even looks lame. It was so beautiful on the prototype.

dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:10 AM   #182
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Why is his skin the same color as the mask and armor. He should have gray skin!!!! WTF moment.really glad I didn't PO this one. Really loved the proto, hated the price. But I was considering it with the new masks. But I find those too bulky and the factory paint on this piece disappointing. Fabric even looks lame. It was so beautiful on the prototype.

To be fair those pics are like apples and oranges, you can see the skin is a different colour on the stream but thats under harsh light with a webcam zoomed in...

I thought it looked great all the details on the cut and sew looks amazing, the only thing i caught was the hood not quite fitting around the head, hopefully it's just they hadn't messed with it enough, Jesse did alter it in the stream but it needed to come forward more imo.

$150 for the mask set is......ok. Considering the Ossein mask was $50 i though they might have done this set for something like $130. I'm still super in on it as i think each mask on Death looked awesome and i'm all over the Flesh mask.

I do wish they would do a bonus stand/s for the masks Death comes with because i like the idea of having all these masks lined up on their own individual designed podiums.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:41 AM   #183
Valderen
The Spirit

The masks are nice, and price mostly reasonably but I’m not getting them as the idea of displaying them on a stand doesn’t really appeal to me.

As far as Death goes, the Colors seems a little off compared to the prototyped in these pictures. I found watching the stream that it wasn’t as bad on some angles so I’m guessing the lightning is affecting the Colors a bit. Even though they do not look as good as the prototype.

The statue still looked phenomenal to me though overall, and I can’t wait to have him with the rest of the court.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #184
Valderen
The Spirit

Well delayed again to Jul-Aug 2018.

I hope Sideshow is enjoying the interest on my payments which were completed since December except for the last one.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #185
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderen View Post
Well delayed again to Jul-Aug 2018.

I hope Sideshow is enjoying the interest on my payments which were completed since December except for the last one.
I'm in the same boat. Isn't this the third delay now? I cant keep track. I wonder if they redid the head to accommodate the extra masks.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #186
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Getting charged July 26th.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:56 PM   #187
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Me too. $864CDN cuz the Exchange rate has dropped since I ordered!! Not including taxes and custom fees. That's mad. I've converted to payment plan.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #188
Valderen
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Same, finally after over 7 months of delays. Looking forward to getting him.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #189
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

After all the delays I canceled this PO and was able to get a full refund including deposit. From the video, im glad I did.

I hope everyone that did hang in there gets a great statue and pray the issues with paint is due to lighting.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:08 AM   #190
Vallos
Jubilee

The out-of-the-box video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiuDKUgddGs
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote