Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-06-2018, 04:16 AM   #21
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
One of the folks at Screen Junkies noted that the announcement put out by Favreau was gender neutral. That image doesn’t look female. No one said that image was of the lead. Is it possible that the Madalorian is Sabine Wren? Dave Filoni is invloved.

Is the lead Cobb Vanth from the Aftermath books that obtains used Madalorian armour i plied to be Boba’s Sarlaac damaged armor. Or maybe one of Madarlorians from Rebels.
To be honest I'm hoping the characters won't have any ties to the other movies/cartoons/comics... I think we need a clean slate more or less after TLJ.. I just want something new.... I'm sure they'll have some references here or there of the other movies and what not but I'm hoping it will be it's own show for the most part..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #22
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
To be honest I'm hoping the characters won't have any ties to the other movies/cartoons/comics... I think we need a clean slate more or less after TLJ.. I just want something new.... I'm sure they'll have some references here or there of the other movies and what not but I'm hoping it will be it's own show for the most part..
I agree. I need a rejuvenated enthusiasm for the saga. The new movies have let me down and I’m hoping to regain my excitement through this avenue.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:03 AM   #23
SONICobra
Bane

heard this is why the boba fett movie was canceled, so people wouldnt be confused by all these mandalorians per kathleen kennedy... BULLSH!T

ill still watch the hell out of this if its good but wtf, why cancel a SW movie in order to prop up a SW tv show? madness
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #24
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
heard this is why the boba fett movie was canceled, so people wouldnt be confused by all these mandalorians per kathleen kennedy... BULLSH!T

ill still watch the hell out of this if its good but wtf, why cancel a SW movie in order to prop up a SW tv show? madness
The fault does not fall on Kathleen Kennedy. The fault falls on closed minded fans. Those who did not give Solo a chance at the box office. They killed Boba’s chance with their toxic speech too.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:51 AM   #25
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post

IMO, Disney shot themselves in the foot with badly written scripts and some bad casting calls....

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

I thought Rogue One was pretty good but to be honest the main character was not that likeable, I could careless that she died in the end... When the main character is not that likeable it doesn't really make you want to see the movie more then once..

Rey was kind of interesting in TFA and I was curious to see what happens to her in TLJ but after watching TLJ I lost all interest in her, I could careless what happens to her in Episode 9....

I also enjoyed a Solo a Star Wars Story but lets be honest their casting choice while not horrible wasn't the best way to go for the main character... For one Harrison Ford is fairly tall I believe he's 6'1 or 6'2 and Alden who played Solo is only 5'9 so he looks short and stocky in the movie. And although in some scenes he did channel Harrison Ford he still came up short, Ford played Solo very charismatic with a natural dry sense of humor which really worked and Alden came up short in that department several times IMO even though he tried... plus he really doesn't look much like a young solo which led to a disconnect with the character given how popular Ford's version of the character is.

Their animated stuff have been pretty bad also... The Clone Wars was really good but that was done before Lucas sold the rights to Disney, since Disney took over we got a mediocre Rebels and a really bad Resistance series....

Also it didn't help that Kennedy kept firing Directors left and right and arguing with them during the filming over the direction she wanted them to take the movies, so you had very different styles taking over the various movies right in the middle which didn't help...

So to answer your question Disney has lost confidence and is waiting to see what happens with Episode 9 before doing any other movies, if it bombs then I expect Disney to clean house at Lucasfilms and start over... Because the Truth is, if the movies were really good they could release a new movie every 6 months and people would go to see them...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #26
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
The fault does not fall on Kathleen Kennedy. The fault falls on closed minded fans. Those who did not give Solo a chance at the box office. They killed Boba’s chance with their toxic speech too.
ehhhhhhh i dont know about that...

im not a kennedy hater like a lot of people, i really enjoyed TFA and rogue one but did not like TLJ at all (just thought it was a bad movie, not just a bad SW movie). i did not see solo because the casting of han completely distracted me whenever i watched the trailers and frankly it just didnt interest me. the kennedy vs fans debate could go on forever, this is not that

she is in charge of the star wars brand, so to say she had nothing to do with this would be incorrect. the fans did not say "we dont want a boba fett movie" they just didnt pay to see a movie they didnt want to see. there was tremendous excitement for the obi wan and boba fett movies but after solo both are canceled seemingly out of spite despite fans excitement for those movies

again, this is not intended to be a kennedy debate - i only brought her name up because she was the one to say it and she is head of the franchise
Old 10-30-2018, 11:36 AM   #27
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

I agree that she is in charge therefore much of the responsibility falls on her. She is the leader of Lucas Film after all. However, much of the contention surrounding Star Wars has caused a counter effect. It has back fired not only on the studio but on the fans as well.

In my opinion, we need to support the franchise in good and in bad times. When we like it and when do not like it. Some films will be better than others for sure, but without our financial endorsement, there is no hope that we can see the films that we want to see at some point. We need to pick our battles wisely.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:15 PM   #28
SONICobra
Bane

if this is as good as i hope it is ill be looking for a mandalorian pf
Old 10-30-2018, 12:56 PM   #29
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
I agree that she is in charge therefore much of the responsibility falls on her. She is the leader of Lucas Film after all. However, much of the contention surrounding Star Wars has caused a counter effect. It has back fired not only on the studio but on the fans as well.

In my opinion, we need to support the franchise in good and in bad times. When we like it and when do not like it. Some films will be better than others for sure, but without our financial endorsement, there is no hope that we can see the films that we want to see at some point. We need to pick our battles wisely.
Watching all three prequels never got me something I wanted. Watching the two new ones it just keeps getting farther from what I want and I fail to see how IX will possibly be anything I want.

In my opinion any franchise has to eventually give me a reason to continue to support it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #30
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

In my opinion any franchise has to eventually give me a reason to continue to support it.
Bingo!
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote