Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-03-2018, 12:21 PM   #101
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
releasing this makes zero sense to disney, they should sell it to netflix and call it a day or put it on the top shelf of some warehouse where projects go to die
Disney does not actually own Fox yet.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #102
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
releasing this makes zero sense to disney, they should sell it to netflix and call it a day or put it on the top shelf of some warehouse where projects go to die
This is the only solution that would make sense for Disney/Marvel to tell this story again and do it the right way. I just can't see them doing another film of the Dark Phoenix storyline for a third time if it's already been done twice since 2006.

There are a lot of other stories they could tell, so why would they do this one again for a third time? I would definitely want them to so they'd do it right, but would they choose it again? Probably not.

I hope this current steaming pile gets delayed into oblivion...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:49 AM   #103
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Would Marvel Studios risk telling this story a third time though?
I would think. It is the quintessential X-Men story that doesn't evolve the routine mutants vs bigotry/mutant hunters.

If they don't it's just going to be routine fighting against sentinels and mutant haters. And I think it will be virtually impossible to do great AvsX movie set without the original Avengers and all of those actors have hung up the suit/cape/shield.

Plus it opens up the galactic universe further. Imperial Guard for one. Everybody was afraid of the Phoenix and Jean, it just helps expand the hate and shows how powerful mutants truly are.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #104
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I would think. It is the quintessential X-Men story that doesn't evolve the routine mutants vs bigotry/mutant hunters.

If they don't it's just going to be routine fighting against sentinels and mutant haters. And I think it will be virtually impossible to do great AvsX movie set without the original Avengers and all of those actors have hung up the suit/cape/shield.

Plus it opens up the galactic universe further. Imperial Guard for one. Everybody was afraid of the Phoenix and Jean, it just helps expand the hate and shows how powerful mutants truly are.

THIS!!!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:48 AM   #105
built2shred
Phoenix

Marvel needs someone who can create a basic story arc that spans 20+ X-Men movies, like they did with the Avengers... Each movie has it's own story but also plays a small part in the bigger story arc...

Right now I feel like Fox asks the question "what's popular with X-Men right now", yeah lets make a movie about that and who cares if it ties in or not with other movies. Fox is all over the map with their movies... DC is doing the same thing... it's just a big mess...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:28 AM   #106
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I really am not sure that I need 20+ X-Men movies. I'd be happy with a solid 5, then expand as long as it works. Because let's face it -- Avengers team movies do well, but the stand alone characters are harder to sustain.

Iron Man III, Thor II, and Hulk were bad IMO. Iron Man II and GOTG II weren't really all that great, but it was a solid 7/10 movies. Captain America has been the lone exception IMO to being just a solid grouping of films and Civil War was really an Avengers 1.5. And nobody has dared to do a stand alone Hawkeye or Black Widow.

So I don't want to saturate the market with weak X-Men movies, we've all had plenty of that. The X-Men will have to organically evolve and certainly not be a casting stunt (ala J-Law). The main issue the X-Men face is cast bloat. Too many great characters to fit into a 2 hour flick. Whittling it down to 5-6 characters to start the franchise is going to be hard.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:13 PM   #107
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Speaks volumes there is no chatter and this is on Page 6 of this subforum with less than a week til showtime and tickets already on sale.

Whoever sees it, will you please let me know who Chastain is playing? I read an article that rumors who she is - but I'm wondering if that's accurate.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:30 PM   #108
adee
Green Arrow

I'll let you know once it's out on HBO
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:23 PM   #109
built2shred
Phoenix

If the last movie was any indication this movie will bomb big time... As much as I liked the actress in GOT, she seems to be a miscast in this movie playing phoenix (jean grey) based on the trailers...

It seems FOX likes to hire their actors based on their popularity at the time.. just like they did with Jennifer Lawrence.. She was great in the Hunger Games but horrible IMO playing Mystic...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:28 PM   #110
nearmint
Phoenix

I'll see it. Actually saw 10 minutes of it at WonderCon, and it's worth a popcorn-feast session.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote