Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #251
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
It's the only half scale option, with a low es. Not a fan of this particular offering at all, but I love the scale, and Spidey. Hopefully this energizes the creation of more legendary scale figures. Next time less fabric please.
I don't think they will double dip on characters outside of movie Iron Men.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:27 PM   #252
ambasah
Red Skull

it may have really sold out, even though it has been just about universally panned (and for good reason).

the batman has an edition size of 250 and can be ordered.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:41 PM   #253
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I don't think they will double dip on characters outside of movie Iron Men.
No, I don't think they will either. I was leveling a general criticism of the line.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 01:40 AM   #254
Nicobra
Frackin!

GOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Saw this posted on the other forum.

Proto vs production

Very good picture ! production not so far from the original...

This is already the Chinese version!!

Nicobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:16 PM   #255
goldbuffalo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I wonder who at sideshow thought a Spider-Man lsf would not sell very well and thus decide to only make 275.

Assuming they could have sold 500, SS just left $450,000 on the table.
goldbuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #256
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Apparently there’s an Asian market variant with classic colors.

FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:56 PM   #257
Comicbookguy
Hercules

OK when's the black version coming out next?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #258
clutch
Sailor Moon

If EFX can sell out a toy Millennium Falcon for $3K then I believe this Spiderman really did sell out.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:45 AM   #259
goldbuffalo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

My waitlist has converted.
goldbuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:20 AM   #260
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Yeah that's always annoyed me when I've read comments from collectors who say that it's only double the scale, and therefore it should only be double the price of that smaller scale. And usually the go to piece to argue their point of view is something like a Hulk which would have a greater volume than most pieces.

Unfortunately most bases for 1/2 scales are terribly bland and boring. Just look at the Prime 1 BVS and Sideshow Iron Man pieces. You could not get any worse than those.

I think the most intricate base that I've seen is the one for the recent IT/Pennywise piece.
I have the LSF Wolf Predator and that base is incredible with the Severed Alien dripping acid blood. The details of translucent acid blood burning through the base looks stunning .. And oh yeah, the Wolf’s pose is dynamic.

His scale is still as big as my Darth Maul LSF which also is Amazing with a cool base that has sand texture on it.

LSF’s dont have to have boring bases. For 1/2 scale they can be a little more dynamic then what we see here in this failed Spidey pose and weak boring base. Spidey’s sculpt should be more defined underneath and the sculpt is weak to where you barely see super hero ripped muscle definition...

Spidey is suppose to be way more defined in his suit and the sculpt here is too subtle that with the suit on the muscle details are lost.

My Spidey Comiquette looks better. I will stay with that and my Legendary Bust which is a great sclupted head of Spidey. I thought the Legendary Bust Sclupt would be the head used for this LSF, but instead we get this. Up close the outfit looks really cool on this LSF, but as others have said with what they dont like about it I feel the same..

The pose could have been much better and his face needs more definition. The perfect circle webbing on his nose looks weird as I dont recall it being a perfect circle as its different on most versions Im used to seeing.

On The LSF Spidey Bust the webbing that ends by his nose is not a circle and looks way better with that design kind of pointy at the top then comes down to other points which is how the webbing should look in that spot. The Legendary Scale Bust did a much better job with the head sclupt and the webbing by the nose looks way better. Thats the design I thought would follow the same with this LSF. They should have left the face with the same shape and webbing design.

This Amazing Wolf Predator was $2000 as well and wayyy better then this Spidey. I am a huge Spidey fan as well, so I am very disappointed they chose this boring Pose for him. And more details to the base could have been achieved. Very Lazy. Prices keep going up and you get less details...

Yeah, the outfit is very detailed on Spidey with the printed textured patterns looking very good on the outfit, but all that is, is just printed and then tailored as an outfit that probably dont cost that much to produce. Then the sculpt underneath is not intricately detailed and a detailed cost efficient spidey outfit covered over a generic scluplted body should not cost $2000! Look at all the detail and sculpt that went into Wolf Predator for the same price! Wolf wasnt released that long ago that we should now get a bland Spidey for $2k.

Wolf also had a swap out Whip as well as a Spear, movable blasters and can detach the whip rolled up whip on the hip. Some weapons on the belt are placed in by the collector. Wolf has more accessories versus Spidey is just coming with 2 sets of eyes that can be arranged in weird ways that someone said it looks like one open eye and one squinting gives the effect of him having a black eye.

My Darth Maul for $2k has the most incredible Double Light up saber as well as incredible mixed media combined with an amazing sculpt of his portrait, hands and boots. I feel from those 2 LSF’s I have are far superior to this LSF and even though I actually like the intricate details of the Spidey Outfit I cant see that with a generic sculpt underneath being worth $2k. Even at this scale I feel this is worth Thanos price at $1200. And even then it might be worth more like $1000.

Prices go up as we get less and less when it comes to this spidey. A fully clothed LSF spidey should be $1000 and not the same price as my intricately detailed Wolf Predator. The times haven't changed that much where these prices should change drastically and we all know a much better $2000 Spidey could have been created instead of this lazy design. The Base is Whack!

ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote