Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #51
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I'm honestly surprised more haven't cancelled, as Atheris says a majority of these pieces are going to be very cheap on the aftermarket or even on Sideshow.

Maybe stuff like the 1:3 Goro will hold its price because of the low ES but to be honest most MK pieces have dropped hard, so pieces like the MKX Scorp and Sub Zero i just can't see them holding retail.

Look at stuff like Kotal which "sold Out" and Quan Chi Sorcerer.....which is on Sideshow for $310 and free shipping...that's $115 off for a statue limited to 125 pieces! Which i paid in full for with shipping and import fees...

I did the same with Kotal, same with Zangief, same with P2 Nash etc etc ALL of which are on sale at Sideshow right now!

Every Zangief is on there for $60 off, again Mecha is ltd to 125 lol....all which were "sold out"....Player 2 Nash is ltd to 100 and is on there with $100 off....

I have no ill will against PCS and never have but damn you'd be crazy to be paying full price for these pieces at this point in time.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:40 PM   #52
rcaido
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

If its a statue you really want, i wouldn't dick around waiting for a deeper discount. Prices are already good. I already have the full set of Zangief at full price but no regrets, love it so much.

The same for Rambo, not going to cancel have chance not picking it up later on just to save a few bucks.
rcaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #53
MegatronG1
The X-Men

The discounts come from the pressure SS is feeling from the sudden glut in their warehouse. Once things cool off (could actually take years) prices will normalize to actual supply/demand. It's hard to guess outcomes, but collectors have to conquer their fear of missing out to avoid making spurious purchases, then get only the pieces they truly want.

I hit the reset button on MK but keeping MKX Mileena and Goro, because they pair well, and they sum up the franchise well enough for me. PCS, and other companies too, need to be more clear about their roadmaps so that we can plan our collections accordingly.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:16 PM   #54
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Just ordered 1:3 bearded Ryu

(btw you cant order from PCS anymore it's all through Sideshow now)
Are you for real or a pcs shill. They couldn’t give those away, the bearded version.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:18 PM   #55
The SHOGUN
The Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaido View Post
If its a statue you really want, i wouldn't dick around waiting for a deeper discount. Prices are already good. I already have the full set of Zangief at full price but no regrets, love it so much.

The same for Rambo, not going to cancel have chance not picking it up later on just to save a few bucks.
My take is for the most part people and collectors are followers. Everyone wants what everyone wants. If an item it HOT everyone wants it because it's what everyone wants.

presently, NO ONE wants Pop Culture Shock statues and because of this they will be available for a long time at great prices. I would not even think twice about paying full retail with the fear of not being able to pick one up later down the road. This company's reputation is in the toilet and it's slowly making their way the sewer.

But it's all about the art, Jerry said.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:24 AM   #56
qz33
Rescue

It's weird that I differ slightly on that part.
I still want this stuff but the prices change my mind.
I realize 2 things:
1. I'd become far too accustomed to the inflation. You get conditioned to these prices which is a huge detriment. The you start thinking stupid things like "well $600 shipped for a cartoon 1/4 Strom Shadow sounds reasonable"
2. As referenced by Megs I have overcome my Fear Of Missing Out:
A.These things will always be available and their prices may have had big up swings in the past but they will settle to what people "feel" they are worth like all items that lack utility or intrinsic value
B. Getting to SHOGUN's point clearly at least the financial value of statues is dependent on trends, scarcity, and ANTICIPATION dictating their momentum and future. Without that they are like other luxury goods say a big screen TV; you can buy it whenever you want.
With enough time (as PCS has learned the hard way) you may even change your mind on both their desirability AND value.
To quote Megatron: "It's over Prime".
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:59 AM   #57
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Are you for real or a pcs shill. They couldn’t give those away, the bearded version.
Yes I'm a shill for PCS since august 2005 before PCS even existed...it was all intricately planned ahead

With that out of the way, I first ordered the evil Ryu when it first went up for PO...then once in hand I loved it so much I needed to own the classic one aswell and by now I actualy find the battle/bearded Ryu the coolest version. With 20% off it was a no brainer I got it for "free" including shipping and still have store credit over. Does that make me a shill for loving an awesome statue or does it make you sheople for following the general consensus here that PCS is bad and therefore their statues suck?
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:14 AM   #58
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

If they "cant give these away" maybe people are in the wrong hobby imo...

Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:59 AM   #59
qz33
Rescue

Beardo Ryu is one of the finest statues I have.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:46 AM   #60
rcaido
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Awesome stuff Taz! I hope they make 1:3 Zangief so i can add to my collection.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KVrvFal.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	118172  
rcaido is offline   Reply With Quote