Rescue

So Sagat and ... G?

qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #4512
ZenLogikos
Ultron
Adamantium Member

Love them both.

Obviously G won't have widespread appeal, but for me at least, they managed to take a 'president wrestler' prototype they've had for years, and made it cool - when I'd totally scoffed at the idea back then.

Sagat looks killer. Finally a good alt look. Hope that makes it to the Ultra line. Probably my first Ultra then.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:07 PM   #4513
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Was going to pick up SFV but now they're plastering ads on the characters! I don't care for the FGC events, just wanted a solid single player experience and the casual online ranked matches. Capcom would've been another dead Japanese company like Konami if it wasn't for all the money they rake in from the FGC crowd. So, where does that leave me with my fandom for this franchise? The "story" hasn't evolved meaningfully since SF3, and PCS has pissed enough in the well, that I've canceled all my SF POs.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:31 PM   #4514
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

You can just turn all the adverts off, they don't force them on you.

Also they usually do packs of costumes and a stage to fund the Capcom Cup stuff which they haven't done this time.

It is stupid adding adverts to a purchased game but like i say just turn them off the extra FM you get from having them on is pitiful and if you just want to do the story and play some casual stuff then the adverts really don't affect you.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:41 PM   #4515
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Well that's good to know, that the ads are optional. It looks like an incentive to earn more FM, I just learned about this. The visuals are very important to me, and anything that breaks the immersion is not worth the virtual money to me. Dhalsim looks ridiculous with ads on his skulls. Or that champ belt with logos when there's no where else to place them. I'd like to go all in with the game and buy the Arcade / season 3 pass with everything when I finally buy it. Maybe in the next summer sale, no rush.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:13 PM   #4516
qz33
Rescue

SF needs a revamp.
If doing it in a "3D" engine requires this much nickel and dime-ing then they need to get a hand full of peeps and do a 2D HD version.
Everyone is trying to milk SF TOO hard.
When you do that with cows you get nothing.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #4517
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
SF needs a revamp.
If doing it in a "3D" engine requires this much nickel and dime-ing then they need to get a hand full of peeps and do a 2D HD version.
Everyone is trying to milk SF TOO hard.
When you do that with cows you get nothing.
What? No. 2D is way to expensive, time consuming and impractical these days compared to 3D. Also when games can look like GGXrd you don't need to work in 2D anymore imo.

BBTAG will probably be the last big 2D game we have from a major developer and 90% of that was made using previous resources.

Graphics has never been SFVs weak spot, it's one the better looking fighters about, people only really have a problem with the gameplay at a high level most casuals won't care about no more 1 frame links and a weird neutral game.

At this point where SFV is, it's a very complete and competent fighter and the Season 4 changes are trying to give players more options when it comes to gameplay.

I've played it for the past 3 years and continue to play it.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:11 PM   #4518
qz33
Rescue

I'm not saying SFV needs any changes, or graphics are lagging just their business model.

SFV has sold 2.5 million. That's about as good as a game is going to get. Capcom's constant justification for all these "seasons" and extra charges is to be able to turn a profit.

If they can't turn enough profits from that then the costs must be too high and 3D games are orders of magnitude more complex to produce than sprite based games.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #4519
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I'm not saying SFV needs any changes, or graphics are lagging just their business model.

SFV has sold 2.5 million. That's about as good as a game is going to get. Capcom's constant justification for all these "seasons" and extra charges is to be able to turn a profit.

If they can't turn enough profits from that then the costs must be too high and 3D games are orders of magnitude more complex to produce than sprite based games.
Actually no, Street Fighter V could have sold more than that amount, but the game was a commercial flop on release. What you are seeing now is an avalanche of bad decisions by Capcom.

They made a terrible decision to release the game in a completely barebones state. There was:

1. Only 16 character base roster
2. No arcade mode
3. No main story mode (only individual character stories that were between 1 -3 battles and had poorly drawn artwork/dialogue).
4. Many quality of life features missing online/infrastructure not fully developed
5. Many network issues
6. No preventative measures/penalties for rage quitting online.
7. Survival mode was horrendously bad.

They literally built an eSports package and expected it to do well, big mistake. Street Fighter has huge potential to do well, but you've got idiots in the top positions making the calls. The game should have never been released in 2016. They've improved the game since, but the damage had already been done.

Had they done their homework and released a proper game day one, Street Fighter V would have seen much greater success.

When Mortal Kombat 11 hits I guarantee you that it will outsell Street Fighter V, because that developer understands how to release a proper game. On paper Street Fighter has much high potential than Mortal Kombat could ever have, but they never use all of it.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:21 PM   #4520
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

I forgot all about SF5, ever since i tested it at the NYCC i knew it total crap. Was so dumbed down i was doing long combos mashing a controller.

SF4 proved to be what people wanted even tho tons cried it was to hard. Competitive game that requires time and effort to get good and tons of hype watching pros play the game at tournaments.

The first time SF5 was at a EVO i found myself falling asleep watching the matches and doing other stuff. SF4 kept me watching non stop, at times i had to turn off streams and get back to work cause i twas so much fun.

Funny how SF5 killed the whole franchise, everyone i know during the SF4 era moved on and never looked back.

EditL is SF4 still on xbox360 online? if so maybe this summer should get a game card and play again, i miss those days of just doing matches at night.

Last edited by Vince-Vell; 01-05-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote