Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Fringe 9/10. one of my favorite shows I've seen. granted, still waiting on Netflix to deliver the last disc of S5.
Have some friends who love this show who never make time for tv at all, except for this... that's high-praise, knowing how time-constrained that couple is.

Now that the whole show's available as a set, I'll probaby end up buying it down the road at some point, to enjoy it from start to finish as I watched maybe two episodes of it in the entirety of its run.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Robert have you seen Hunted? I know its been wrapped for a while now but knowing your tastes I think its right up your alley. I watched the entire season over a few days and absolutely LOVED it. Espionage/Spy drama at it's finest.
I'll check if its available on NFlix here mate. Not sure if the show is available on US NFlix but French Drama Spiral is also well worth a look. Very gritty and raw. Looking forward to new seasons being posted.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Nikita 7.5/10
Arrow 9/10
Green Lantern: The Animated Series 8/10
Young Justice 9/10
Ultimate Spider-Man 7/10
Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes 9/10
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #14
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
I've watched Fringe from the beginning as it aired but believe its one of those rare series that would benefit from a season, or even series, viewing marathon. Which it sounds like you did.

Unless it's a sitcom, I haven't watched episodic TV while it actually aired since Buffy. I think it's been at least ten years since I watched a TV show while it was on TV. The only way the wiser half and I can thoroughly enjoy shows these days is via a marathon of sorts. The last show I watched weekly was the X-Files, I think....
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #15
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
I've watched Fringe from the beginning as it aired but believe its one of those rare series that would benefit from a season, or even series, viewing marathon. Which it sounds like you did.
yeah, i burned through it, usually watching between 3-6 episodes in a sitting. i think one day i watched over half of season 4 in 24 hours. i had read that people didn't care for season 4 or 5, why is that i wonder? if i had to pick one season i didn't like as much as the others, id say maybe s5, but, its still great television. such an overwhelming darkness to each episode that season. don't care much for the setting. I'm hoping, that the last 3 episodes give them a chance to return to their time before the observers f'd everything up.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I'll check if its available on NFlix here mate. Not sure if the show is available on US NFlix but French Drama Spiral is also well worth a look. Very gritty and raw. Looking forward to new seasons being posted.
It originally aired on BBC One, Cinemax here in the states. I thought of you when watching it since our tastes in this genre mirror one another more than anyone I know. Your recommendation of Strike Back is what got me to check that series out. If you were ever to take my advice on a tv series make it this one. I'm certain you won't regret it.

I can't find anything on "Spiral." Is it titled "The Spiral" from 2012?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
Simplyrob

im 11 episodes into Arrested Development S4. 7/10. not as good as i remember it, but, i do like how each episode is tied into another.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #18
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Unless it's a sitcom, I haven't watched episodic TV while it actually aired since Buffy. I think it's been at least ten years since I watched a TV show while it was on TV. The only way the wiser half and I can thoroughly enjoy shows these days is via a marathon of sorts. The last show I watched weekly was the X-Files, I think....
I don't have the patience to wait if I know something is up my alley. I do however DVR everything I watch so occasionally I'll marathon that way but rarely an entire season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
yeah, i burned through it, usually watching between 3-6 episodes in a sitting. i think one day i watched over half of season 4 in 24 hours. i had read that people didn't care for season 4 or 5, why is that i wonder? if i had to pick one season i didn't like as much as the others, id say maybe s5, but, its still great television. such an overwhelming darkness to each episode that season. don't care much for the setting. I'm hoping, that the last 3 episodes give them a chance to return to their time before the observers f'd everything up.
Therein lies the advantage of watching large groups of episodes in succession. I think those that watched season's 4 & 5 as they aired lost a bit of interest as it was difficult to follow and see where the serialized narrative was going. Looking back I really like both seasons but even I felt the series dragged a bit then and by the time season 6 came around felt it was time to wrap things up.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #19
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
It originally aired on BBC One, Cinemax here in the states. I thought of you when watching it since our tastes in this genre mirror one another more than anyone I know. Your recommendation of Strike Back is what got me to check that series out. If you were ever to take my advice on a tv series make it this one. I'm certain you won't regret it.

I can't find anything on "Spiral." Is it titled "The Spiral" from 2012?
Here you go.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_(TV_series)
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
Simplyrob

Quote:
by the time season 6 came around felt it was time to wrap things up.
wait.......theres 6 seasons?!?!?