Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #91
johnclone
The Enchantress

I'd guess that Kim is either going to die, go to jail over something Jimmy related, or move away.
It will be interesting to see what happens to her. I would hate to see the first 2.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:31 AM   #92
MrYac
Hercules

I’ve kind of had it in my mind that Kim ends up with Howard in the end for awhile now.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #93
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Yeah, most of this season I kept thinking that we're getting dangerously close to catching up to Breaking Bad. Very bittersweet... it'll be cool to see the two shows overlap, but it also means this show is ending.

I was hoping for at least two seasons (one to catch up to Breaking Bad and another to overlap), but I could see only one more season to end it all.
Actually the way they have been doing it they have allowed themselves some wiggle room if it is still a popular hit when it overlaps breaking bad and they want to continue the show.

They have always been intersperseing Jimmy/Saul as his present day post breaking bad witness hiding donut shop manager scenes. They could just turn the story that he somehow comes out of hiding and goes back to lawyering. That could be making a deal with the cartel for example where they find him but instead of killing him need him for some reason or maybe something else but it could definitely be done.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:23 AM   #94
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I'd guess that Kim is either going to die, go to jail over something Jimmy related, or move away.
It will be interesting to see what happens to her. I would hate to see the first 2.
Yeah, I'm both afraid to discover her fate and yet also eagerly anticipating the revelation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Actually the way they have been doing it they have allowed themselves some wiggle room if it is still a popular hit when it overlaps breaking bad and they want to continue the show.
Perhaps, but Vince Gilligan and crew usually have an end in mind and work toward that goal. They tend to wrap up a show before it gets too long in the tooth and overstays its welcome (think of what happened to the Dexter series). Breaking Bad had 5 (6-ish) seasons... I'm sure they'll do a similar run here.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:54 AM   #95
nameivom
The Herculoids

Pretty sure I read somewhere that VG had 5-6 seasons in mind for BCS if it became a hit. Also AMC wanted Breaking Bad to continue and VG nixed it as he stated in interviews he only wanted to do a short run.

I actually think with how the recent season ended for BCS, it makes a perfect finale for the series. Let the audience decide the outcomes for some of the characters.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #96
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post

I actually think with how the recent season ended for BCS, it makes a perfect finale for the series. Let the audience decide the outcomes for some of the characters.
no, I hate that open ended choose your own ending crap. I've invested the time the least they can do is give closure to the characters we know disappear between BCS and BB.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:43 AM   #97
Demona
Martian Manhunter

We are FINALLY back in action!

Now i haven't watched the premier because I let at least 3-4 episodes build up on the DVR so I can binge watch. I was just so happy to see a new episode on my DVR that I had to revive this thread
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:06 AM   #98
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

I'm waiting untill they're all released, then binge it!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #99
built2shred
Phoenix

Given there are only like 10 episodes a year I tend to DVR all of them and then binge-watch it... Gives the story a better flow watching it back to back...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:48 PM   #100
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It absolutely does give better flow. The slow burn of the show makes it hard to remember what happened three episodes in the past that seemed insignificant until they revisit it and turns out it was very important.

Brilliant writing.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote