Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-12-2017, 11:28 PM   #6131
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey42005 View Post
With all the different thoughts and opinions on several different aspects of this statue … how crazy do you think the new sideshow Magneto is going to be?

Are more people going to be inclined to jump on the EX as soon as it launches before it to sells out in seconds … or wait until they can get the regular for a lower cost down the line when its actually in hand. Judging by Thanos, I would assume it is safe to say an ES will be announced and low for the EX (Maybe 1200) … and a TBD will come with the reg (collector’s edition). We are also about a year out … so we can guess retail initially on this will already be a lot more then people are expecting. This will be even more interesting if people miss out on the EX ... and no orders are made for the Reg (with the belief it could be obtained for less down the line). Would a lower ES result and fuel more eagerness to drop a P.O. on a regular?

Does that mean the old “EX or fail” comes back into play? The same argument on this statue can be made with the future of a Magneto piece. Of course this is all hypothetical, I am just curious from reading so many different posts from everyone.

We are going to be in for a wild 2018 fellow brothers and sisters … that is if we are not all priced out by then!!!
This is a harbottle sculpture so i have no doubt that it'll be phenomenal, I think the ES will be TBD, but if its set like thanos people won't hesitate this time around.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:02 AM   #6132
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
When the movie releases i highly doubt SS will have any reg in stock.
I think the educated guess is that like anything with over 4000 being made it will go back on wait list in a year until they can send another 1000 pieces, Sideshow has seldom had 4000 of anything delivered from China at once, this piece will be for order, then pre-order again then order and one day...... waitlist. 4250 pieces at $1200 ???? Yeah, it will be around for quite some time. Hoping for good QC but have never seen mass produced pieces (anything over 2500) really have a lot of care, 4250 is a lot of times to do the same paint apps and not get bored and sloppy.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:31 AM   #6133
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
I think the educated guess is that like anything with over 4000 being made it will go back on wait list in a year until they can send another 1000 pieces, Sideshow has seldom had 4000 of anything delivered from China at once, this piece will be for order, then pre-order again then order and one day...... waitlist. 4250 pieces at $1200 ???? Yeah, it will be around for quite some time. Hoping for good QC but have never seen mass produced pieces (anything over 2500) really have a lot of care, 4250 is a lot of times to do the same paint apps and not get bored and sloppy.
Long time no see, I thought you had abandoned the thanos thread lol. Good point though, i forget that these things are made in batches. I’m hoping the extra $ SS is charging for this pf inspires a bit more care from the factories.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:35 AM   #6134
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Honestly, I dont see very much qc issues with the color combinations being used. How hard can it be to paint gold and blue, with black shading? The only real hard part maybe is replicating the metallic paint on the throne, I would imagine. But then again, it might not be quite so hard to replicate either.

Regarding Magneto, there's a mass anticipation for the reveal. I bet you Sideshow goes completely in the opposite direction of Thanos' edition size, and makes Magnetos ex 1500- 2k. They hype it up so much like they did with Thanos, that it sells out regardless. You know everyone is keeping a close eye on this one. lol!
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:17 AM   #6135
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebear32 View Post
anyone got a fb link for these statues under retail?
Search for Statue Collectors BST on FB. You need permission to join the group. Once joined you will get tons of notices each day of collectors selling.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #6136
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Long time no see, I thought you had abandoned the thanos thread lol. Good point though, i forget that these things are made in batches. I’m hoping the extra $ SS is charging for this pf inspires a bit more care from the factories.
Hi and happy to be back, Hoping they put at least $300 of that extra money they charged into paint, Perfect Paint is the only thing that can win this for Sideshow, if the paint is no better than Gladiator Hulk then Sideshow is milking the addicted fans or it will make Gladiator look like a kids toy and be worth the extra $600 for really the same size figure production wise. I am hoping for a next level statue that makes everything before it look cheap but not holding my breath, If it comes out no better than Skaar or Gladiator it will be the last thing I buy. Start of truly high end stuff or more of the same stuff priced stupid, we will see. Hopeful but not holding my breath.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #6137
adee
Green Arrow

I don't own one but I always thought Gladiator Hulk was pretty bad ass. Was that statue not well received?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #6138
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I don't own one but I always thought Gladiator Hulk was pretty bad ass. Was that statue not well received?
I have Gladiator Hulk and it's one of my favorite statues.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #6139
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I have Gladiator Hulk and it's one of my favorite statues.
I had one (sold it) and he was one of the nicest statues I've ever seen. Paint job included.

I think SS knows quality is a priority. They aren't stupid. And to be fair, their QC isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Usually it's some guy pointing out one bad statue. Like that sucks, but with the amount of statues they produce having one miss out of thousands isn't too bad. People just tend to remember, and dwell on negative things.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #6140
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
GL and KH are easily some of their best work from what I've seen in person.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote