Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #1
fauno
Frackin!

SONYA BLADE fans, arise!

Hello everyone, I just joined this lovely forum yesterday and I'm happy to be here so we can all share our passion for PCS collectibles and Mortal Kombat.

I just asked Jerry a question that I have been wondering for the longest time: Will there ever be a Sonya Blade MK statue?

I guess that after seeing all of the amazing creations of classic and new characters (and repetition of the same ninjas over and over again all these years), I was just curious to know if he and anybody else here cared for an impressive statue worthy of the Lara Croft/Chun-Li of Mortal Kombat.

Whether you love or hate this badass female and now a badass mother, there's no denying of her importance and popularity as an established icon, legend and classic. MK9 and MKX pretty much built her up to become an even bigger name than she already was.

What are your thoughts? I can already picture what Jerry and PCS could do with this badass mother and champion (Kiss of death, energy rings, acrobatic pose, etc).

fauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

We'll get her eventually. There's no way she'll be skipped. I'm not sure of what lines but I can almost gaurantee a 1/3rd in our future.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:11 PM   #3
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauno View Post
Hello everyone, I just joined this lovely forum yesterday and I'm happy to be here so we can all share our passion for PCS collectibles and Mortal Kombat.

I just asked Jerry a question that I have been wondering for the longest time: Will there ever be a Sonya Blade MK statue?

I guess that after seeing all of the amazing creations of classic and new characters (and repetition of the same ninjas over and over again all these years), I was just curious to know if he and anybody else here cared for an impressive statue worthy of the Lara Croft/Chun-Li of Mortal Kombat.

Whether you love or hate this badass female and now a badass mother, there's no denying of her importance and popularity as an established icon, legend and classic. MK9 and MKX pretty much built her up to become an even bigger name than she already was.

What are your thoughts? I can already picture what Jerry and PCS could do with this badass mother and champion (Kiss of death, energy rings, acrobatic pose, etc).

I get what you're saying but...she's kinda generic. Even her iconic costume doesn't exactly ooze awesome. She's just a blonde...in military gear. Meh.
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:18 PM   #4
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSteak View Post
I get what you're saying but...she's kinda generic. Even her iconic costume doesn't exactly ooze awesome. She's just a blonde...in military gear. Meh.
That's what makes her hot.

I think if we accept the fact that some people can have the same pose and be different like the Ninjas and the Females, I think Sonya and Cassie in 1/3 can happen.

That's just my justification. Realistically, I don't know if both would sell out, so that's the risk for sure. But I absolutely would love to see both, or even just Sonya by her self. Seeing as I'm probably only doing MK in 1/3, I'd prefer that over 1/4 tbh.
CallMeTheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:31 PM   #5
addic
The X-Men

Will buy every Sonya for sure, preferably a Klassic one.

I am so desperately waiting for a Sonya...I am nearly bought the never officially released Sonya from Abdel about 1-2 years ago. Lol
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #6
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

MKX Version with Drone and skull trophy!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:40 PM   #7
CallMeTheDoctor

Her MKX version was badass, even when she was younger. However, I think MK9 is the hottest one, which I'd want lol.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:43 PM   #8
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

The MK9 and MKvsDC versions are so ridiculous, Netherealm could never do decent womens faces and the boobs were so bad, she looks waaaaaay better in MKX for me.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:55 PM   #9
CallMeTheDoctor

Her face wasn't great, that's for sure. Boobs were hit or miss too. I do think she's awesome in MKX, but sexy is what sells lol
Old 11-30-2016, 06:59 PM   #10
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I would like in 1/3
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote