Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-11-2017, 01:42 AM   #11
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Yes it was, WKTF.

I HATE the fact they are going to jump straight to Dark Phoenix. The actual Phoenix saga with the M'Kraan Crysal is fun and great. It makes no sense that viewers would not get a solid backstory and the lead into the decent into madness that is Dark Phoenix. And why are they going to have KIDS fight one of the most powerful cosmic entities known to the world?

This sounds like another bubble gum and shoe string attempt at bringing a great X-Men story to the screen. Shame that it will be destroyed because it's crammed into one film. It's even more frustrating because Fox has the rights to the Shiarr Empire.

Jesus I wish Disney would/could rescue this franchise like they have with Spider-Man.
Yeah, I've been ranting about this for the last couple of years. Gladiator and the Imperial Guard are some of my all time favorites. To see them butchered by the kind of revisionist crap that Fox has been pumping out would be such a sickening waste. I'd rather they just left the Imperial Guard and the Shi'ar out of the whole Fox X-Men universe. Better to leave them alone than to see some craptacular load of scummage pumped out that would just drive me to insanity.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:08 AM   #12
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Sophie Turner confirmed to return.

http://screenrant.com/x-men-supernov...B-P&view=lista
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #13
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I like her, I'm just not down for the butchery and mockery this movie is going to make of one of the best comic storylines ever told.

Without a solid build-up over at least two movies, showing Jean as good Phoenix...descending into madness...then sacrificing herself (oops, spoiler alert ), there will be none of the emotions that people should get.

Plus to do it properly, you need introduce a whole group of people that have never been mentioned in passing before.

And I'm with other that was J Law as far from this movie as possible. Mystique had jacksh!t to do with this story, so they better not try to cram her in. J Law is as sick of Mystique as we are, so that's a plus.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #14
Y3E
Gen 13

The best part of XMen: Apocolypse was the ending, where the credits started roll. Hopefully, Fox will be smart enough to make this in a 2 part movie. The Dark Phoenix saga deserves at least that.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #15
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Dark Phoenix appears to be the official name now.
http://www.avclub.com/article/fox-se...oenix-m-254140
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:54 AM   #16
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The Avengers and a few other Marvel movies raised the bar for team movies that the X-Men films barely pass the bar. I recently watched the last one and didn't feel the need to watch it again.

You were supposed to be excited by the last scene and shot but I thought it was there only because other movies now have these comic characters in comic costumes.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #17
briguy
Frackin!

When I was a kid and read the original dark Phoenix saga, I thought it was the coolest thing ever....her absolute power drove her absolutely crazy. Fast forward a few years and turns out that it was some kind of cosmic entity that drove her crazy and took over her body...maybe a bit off topic but MAN O MAN that drove me nuts.
briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:27 PM   #18
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I like her, I'm just not down for the butchery and mockery this movie is going to make of one of the best comic storylines ever told.

Without a solid build-up over at least two movies, showing Jean as good Phoenix...descending into madness...then sacrificing herself (oops, spoiler alert ), there will be none of the emotions that people should get.

Plus to do it properly, you need introduce a whole group of people that have never been mentioned in passing before.

And I'm with other that was J Law as far from this movie as possible. Mystique had jacksh!t to do with this story, so they better not try to cram her in. J Law is as sick of Mystique as we are, so that's a plus.
Pretty much 110% of what I was going to post.
If they let the character(s) breathe and grow over a couple films Jean's turn to Phoenix could have been one of the most compelling comic movie storylines ever.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 04-29-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:20 AM   #19
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Well, I enjoyed Xmen and Xmen2 and even X3 was ok but the last two were terrible and felt so cheesy. First class was good but that was the last one worth a damn. It needs a major reboot really.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #20
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

As long as writer/producer Simon Kinsberg is behind the production of these films, I suspect we're in for more of the same.

Fox needs to bring in someone with more talent and thorough knowledge of the property.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote