Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Chris Evans to Hang Up Cap Role?

http://www.newsarama.com/33893-evans...vengers-4.html
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:38 AM   #2
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Time for Sebastian Stan to step up I say!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:32 AM   #3
protector2814
Phoenix

If he truly is done w/ the role & Marvel lets him go, I'd be fine with this. Evans has done a great job with the character, right from the get-go. I watched 1st Avenger last night & it's still my favorite Marvel movie with the "I had a date" line being my favorite ending too. He's excellent in it & carries that character in the same manner for all the other movies he's played Cap in. I'd still like to see Steve Rogers as Captain America on screen &, like Wolverine over at Fox, I'd be fine with another actor stepping in as long as its the right one. Besides using different characters, if we want these Marvel movies to continue, I think we'll have to accept the heroes & villains being played by different actors at some point. Man, I'd love to see Hugo return as the Red Skull for the last Evans' Cap. movie.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:44 AM   #4
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I'l admit if he leaves I'll be pretty upset. At this point the guy is Steve Rogers to me and a lot of people. So finding some one else to fill those shoes, not going to be easy but at least he'll have given us the best Captain America in any media out side of comics.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
LegendaryOutlaw
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

If I remember correctly since the beginning Bucky as Cap was a matter of 'when' not 'if', so I always imagine that Steve will probably 'die' in a bad@ss and heartbreaking way-Sharon will be pregnant I suspect-in the EPIC battle that is going to be Infinity.

No doubt, Chris Evans has done an stellar job playing Steve Rogers/Cap, a proof that these characters can be faithfully presented in Cinema.
LegendaryOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #6
Y3E
Gen 13

I hope Cap doesn't die at the end of Infinity Wars movie, not because it will be sad, but we know Marvel will bring him back. We don't want the back from the dead crap we get all the time from the comics. (Yeah, I know Winter Soldier but Bucky never died and we,comic collectors, knew that.)
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #7
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'l admit if he leaves I'll be pretty upset. At this point the guy is Steve Rogers to me and a lot of people. So finding some one else to fill those shoes, not going to be easy but at least he'll have given us the best Captain America in any media out side of comics.
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #8
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Bad news. He was pretty good as Cap. He will be The Captain America for so many people for many decades for sure.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #9
sash501
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

If y'all read the article, you'll see the title is bait and Evans doesn't say anything of the sort. In fact he says, "Downey is far closer to reaching that point where he may walk away" indicating he's not. He says it will be hard for him to pass the torch, in reference to Marvel not asking him back. Guess what guys, Marvel will asking for him to come back.

Chris Evans doing Captain America allows him to do the other things he wants to do such as direct and produce small projects.

Here's an article from yesterday http://collider.com/chris-evans-capt...ted-interview/ where he says this:

EVANS: It’s really not up to me. My contract is up. I’m not going to sit here and say, “No more.” I think Hugh Jackman has made 47 Wolverine movies, and they somehow keep getting better. It’s a character I love, and it’s a factory that really knows what they’re doing. The system is sound, over there. They make great movies. If they weren’t kicking out quality, I’d have a different opinion. But, everything Marvel does seems to be cinema gold. And like I said, I love the character. The only reason it would end is ‘cause my contract is up. After Avengers 4, my contract is done. Talk to Marvel. If we engage further, I’d be open to it. I love the character. It’s almost like high school. You certainly always look to senior year, and then, all of a sudden, senior year happens and you’re like, “I don’t know if I’m ready to go.” It’s tough thinking about not playing the guy.

Drop USA Today when looking for movie news as they are like the other paper companies out there just baiting headlines, and stick to collider for movie news.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:28 PM   #10
adee
Green Arrow

I hope he continues. He played a good Torch but he became Captain America.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote