Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-20-2018, 01:48 PM   #11
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Just watched episode 2. What a great episode!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #12
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Just watched episode 2. What a great episode!
I wonder if statues of these characters will ever happen? Hawk and Dove are a fun combo.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:09 PM   #13
built2shred
Phoenix

I thought Dove's cape was a bit cheesy with all the feathers, something a bit more high tech would of been cooler..... I'm also not to crazy about how they dressed Starfire up like a cheap hooker.

I just hope Geoff Johns keeps it drama based and doesn't go all cheesy like the other CW shows... Other then that I think this series has potential...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:02 AM   #14
built2shred
Phoenix

After watching the 5 episodes so far I have to say I really like Starfire now, at first I wasn't sure about her but after she kicked those guys butt in the diner, I've become a fan of this version of her...
Old 11-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #15
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Finished watching episode 5 as well. Loving this series.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:01 PM   #16
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I'm pretty meh on the show. It has some moments, but for a steaming service show I'm not really impressed. The design isn't good, the CGI is SyFy awful and the characters are way too angsty, except for Raven, because she's supposed to be angsty.

I'll watch the rest to just to say I gave it full try, but this isn't making me want to watch anything else they're planning.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:20 AM   #17
built2shred
Phoenix

I do like they use a lot of live sets instead of the cheap looking studio sets CW uses for all their shows... As for the CGI it's decent considering it's a TV show... Your not going to get CGI quality you see in a movie that has an $200 Million Dollar Budget.... Even Game of Thrones CGI was pretty bad the first couple seasons, wasn't until the show was a huge hit and the production budget went up that we started to see better quality CGI..

I also don't expect these shows to appeal to comic purists.... unless the show is an exact copy of the comic books they read as a kid they tend to dislike the shows/movies...
Old 11-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #18
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I do like they use a lot of live sets instead of the cheap looking studio sets CW uses for all their shows... As for the CGI it's decent considering it's a TV show... Your not going to get CGI quality you see in a movie that has an $200 Million Dollar Budget.... Even Game of Thrones CGI was pretty bad the first couple seasons, wasn't until the show was a huge hit and the production budget went up that we started to see better quality CGI..

I also don't expect these shows to appeal to comic purists.... unless the show is an exact copy of the comic books they read as a kid they tend to dislike the shows/movies...
I'm a bit of a purist but I love the Marvel films and most of the shows even with their changes. I was actually okay with Arrow and Flash for a bit too...until I wasn't.

This just doesn't hit the right notes for me, at all.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #19
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'm a bit of a purist but I love the Marvel films and most of the shows even with their changes. I was actually okay with Arrow and Flash for a bit too...until I wasn't.

This just doesn't hit the right notes for me, at all.
DC has great characters but, for some unknown reason, they always do extreme changes for any medium outside of comic books. This, in my opinion, makes it easy to disconnect or lose interest.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:49 PM   #20
Augen
The Hulk

I like Donna Troy a lot, but I really hope she don the costume at least once. This season feels like a decompressed prolouge so guessing we may not see heroes in Titan attire until the very end.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote