Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-09-2018, 12:01 AM   #1
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Halloween (2018)

The best slasher is back again. I like the look of this, feels more like the original with a bit of an update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek1ePFp-nBI

Laurie Strode comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:20 AM   #2
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Halloween is my favorite horror film of all time. While I enjoy some of the sequels, to varying degrees, nothing tops the original.

That said I consider Halloween II to be an underrated entry, the best of the sequels and a brilliant expansion without pushing the boundaries too far. This new entry looks promising but I don’t like how it seems to discount the events of Halloween II, specifically the revelation of Michael being Laurie’s brother. Other than that I’m liking what I’m seeing.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
strife87
Spider-Ham

Looking forward to it.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:43 PM   #4
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

JLC is all pumped up on Activa and ready to kick ass!
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Damm, this looks really great! Halloween is one of my favourite movies of all time and I was a little apprehensive with this movie, but everything released so far, from the actors to the trailer, looks spot on.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:18 PM   #6
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Halloween is my favorite horror film of all time. While I enjoy some of the sequels, to varying degrees, nothing tops the original.

That said I consider Halloween II to be an underrated entry, the best of the sequels and a brilliant expansion without pushing the boundaries too far. This new entry looks promising but I don’t like how it seems to discount the events of Halloween II, specifically the revelation of Michael being Laurie’s brother. Other than that I’m liking what I’m seeing.
Agreed. Halloween 2 is almost as good as the original IMO. Grest continuation and you never think of hospitals the same after it. Love it.

New one looks ok but some of the cast just seems off...
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:11 AM   #7
MrYac
Hercules

not a fan of them just erasing all the other movies (even if they weren't all great), and if they took out the sibling angle then it's just a crazy guy that bumped into a girl 40 years ago randomly and now he's going back after her for literally no reason?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:20 AM   #8
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
not a fan of them just erasing all the other movies (even if they weren't all great), and if they took out the sibling angle then it's just a crazy guy that bumped into a girl 40 years ago randomly and now he's going back after her for literally no reason?
Stupid to change the sibling angle too. I bet they end up making Laurie the killer at the end. They’ll screw it up somehow.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:41 AM   #9
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Here is the screenwriter explaining the thought that went into that. I also didn't realize the guy from Eastbound and Down was a "serious" writer.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/hallowe...w-film-scarier
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #10
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I completely disagree with his reasoning and TBH, it makes me want to skip this film despite liking what I’m seeing stylistically.

McBride acts as if random people who encountered Myers weren’t in danger because his focus was on Laurie. Has he even watched these films? The brother/sister angle was what fueled his drive. Anything that got in his way was simple mowed down. THAT makes him “scary.” Having him as some random killing machine with no purpose is less scary. Not only that it makes Laurie and him crossing paths again 4 decades later seem all the more improbable. What an idiot! I think I just talked myself out of supporting this film.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote