Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #161
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I couldn't care less if Affleck, Gadot, Miller, or even Mamoa was recast, but Cavill was Superman. Him, and Zimmers Superman theme fit together like Fish and Chips. If Cavill and the Man of Steel theme is out, then I'm out. Nothing will bring me back to the DCEU.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:46 PM   #162
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
I couldn't care less if Affleck, Gadot, Miller, or even Mamoa was recast, but Cavill was Superman. Him, and Zimmers Superman theme fit together like Fish and Chips. If Cavill and the Man of Steel theme is out, then I'm out. Nothing will bring me back to the DCEU.
Okay. Now tell us how you REALLY feel. Actually, I get you. Although, I had some serious problems with Man of Steel (too dark), I don't feel that Cavill was at all the problem. More like a lousy script, in much the same way I thought Timothy Dalton could have been a great Bond if not for having been saddled with doing the character when they were trying to transition him to be more socially correct and dulled his edge too much. I suspect that Mamoa may have a hit on his hands if the Aquaman trailer is a reflection of what is to come (It may even eclipse Wonder Woman. You heard it here first ). To tell the truth, I rather like Batfleck (his Bruce Wayne may be second only to Keaton's), especially since they dialed him back a bit and interjected some humor this last outing. The same applies to Supes as far as lightening up a smidge. Look what it did for Aquaman in JL... made him much more relatable. I'm cool with Gadot but I think she's just one cinematic dud away from expendable. The others? ::yawn:: Unproven so far, IMHO. I do hate to see Cavill go, but there's always "Man from U.N.C.L.E. 2" or "007" (both Ian Fleming influenced or created, BTW), right??
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:27 PM   #163
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
I guess for me I had Reeve for years that was my personal Superman and then I had Cain on television during my childhood. Had Routh not long before Cavill and Hoechlin is on television. The character has felt more fluid in my mind in terms of actor portrayal.

Wonder Woman had Carter on television, but Gadot is sole person in film and everything about her exudes Diana's personality to me.

Obviously this is all personal or anecdotal at best, we won't know how audiences react until a recasted DCEU role happens.

Last edited by Augen; 10-18-2018 at 04:55 PM. Reason: misspelling
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #164
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Hoechlin is on television.
Hoechlin is my Superman.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:49 PM   #165
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I guess for me I had Reeves for years that was my personal Superman...
Now would that be Christopher Reeve or George Reeves as your "personal" Superman??
Please say you didn't overlook the 50s TV iconic SuperDuper?? How can you forget the Man of Steel who would take six gunshots to the chest at point blank range and not even blink but then duck when the bad guy threw the empty gun at him??

I'm a Christopher Reeve fan. RIP
Helen Slater is my Maid of Might

Click image for larger version

Name:	Supergirl-Helen-Slater.png
Views:	10
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	118094

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...18EC&FORM=VIRE
Old 10-18-2018, 04:57 PM   #166
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Now would that be Christopher Reeve or George Reeves as your "personal" Superman??
Please say you didn't overlook the 50s TV iconic SuperDuper?? How can you forget the Man of Steel who would take six gunshots to the chest at point blank range and not even blink but then duck when the bad guy threw the empty gun at him??

I'm a Christopher Reeve fan. RIP

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...18EC&FORM=VIRE
Maybe I meant Ben Affleck as George Reeves as Superman?

No, this guy.

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:59 PM   #167
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
yeah it would be hard for me to care for much outside of batman without cavills superman to be honest. ill still watch the hell out of the new batman movies but those are supposedly set outside the dceu anyway
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #168
Gothamite
Phoenix

Ben Affleck not only wore Superman's costume when the latter wasn't looking, he also slept with Superman's mom.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:19 PM   #169
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Ben Affleck not only wore Superman's costume when the latter wasn't looking, he also slept with Superman's mom.

The CAD!!!!!!!!

He was even tipping around with "Hancock's" significant other!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Charlize-Theron-Ben-Affleck-Reindeer-Games.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	118095
Old 10-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #170
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It's a real shame that they can't finish the JLA which MCU was able to do for a decade. Gal Gadot is my favorite character next to Cavill. Warned Bris just needs to hire some-one like Kevin Fiege and emphasize a clear direct vision for there franchise.

My biggest beef with WB are that almost all there films are too dark except WW. The characters don't have the same chemistry as MCU and there are no buildup to making JLA.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote