Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-05-2018, 01:54 AM   #11
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I liked his evil laugh in Attack of the Clones.

That laugh really annoyed me. You know the movie 300 where they’d send the kid off to fight wolves and survive on his own and they’d beat the sh!t out him everyday so he wouldn’t grow up to be a little pu$$y? That’s what I wanted. Boba Fett shouldn’t have a sense of humour. He should be a complete badass no-conscience killer. They’ve got him picking up chicks at Jabbas and giggling with his dad.

“Get im dad get im! Fiiiiiiiire!” I was like...F you kid!
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:58 AM   #12
Gothamite
Phoenix

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:40 AM   #13
ZenLogikos
Ultron
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
My only apprehension is that I like Boba the way he was originally done...shrouded in mystery. Lucas killed it by trying to capitalize on the fan lov3 for the character and did to the character what Marvel did to wolverine...they removed all the mystery.

They brought him back as his dad. Then took the helmet off! Then made him the original clone! Then threw at you his entire origin. Then plastered animated Boba everywhere. Then added a whole crew of mandalorian to the clone series...and gave them frickin lightsabers! And changed his voice and added new scenes to the original!

I just liked boba being the badass raspy non-Australian voiced space cowboy that somehow created disintegrations. I liked not knowing more about him. When I was a kid and heard him say “as you wish” and “he’s worth a lot to me” in that badass voice I freakin died. I was like “YA!”. That’s all I needed.

Can you imagine if none of that stuff post OT happened and somehow we caught a glimpse of a mandalorian armour in the new films? We’d go ape sh!t crazy. Now I jus5 feel he’s been done too much.

The positive side is Favreau is awesome. If anyone can do it right it might be him. Just keep Kennedy away or else this mandalorian is going to pull off his helmet and it’s going to be a 13 year old girl like enfys nest.

I can almost guarantee now that when that helmet comes off, which it will, everyone will be pissed. I know it.
"Yeah, that's what I said. Booby Traps!"
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:41 AM   #14
ZenLogikos
Ultron
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You're one of the last I would've expected that from, but I'm glad it tickled you!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #15
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I;ll watch it.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:37 PM   #16
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
My only apprehension is that I like Boba the way he was originally done...shrouded in mystery. Lucas killed it by trying to capitalize on the fan lov3 for the character and did to the character what Marvel did to wolverine...they removed all the mystery.

They brought him back as his dad. Then took the helmet off! Then made him the original clone! Then threw at you his entire origin. Then plastered animated Boba everywhere. Then added a whole crew of mandalorian to the clone series...and gave them frickin lightsabers! And changed his voice and added new scenes to the original!

I just liked boba being the badass raspy non-Australian voiced space cowboy that somehow created disintegrations. I liked not knowing more about him. When I was a kid and heard him say “as you wish” and “he’s worth a lot to me” in that badass voice I freakin died. I was like “YA!”. That’s all I needed.

Can you imagine if none of that stuff post OT happened and somehow we caught a glimpse of a mandalorian armour in the new films? We’d go ape sh!t crazy. Now I jus5 feel he’s been done too much.

The positive side is Favreau is awesome. If anyone can do it right it might be him. Just keep Kennedy away or else this mandalorian is going to pull off his helmet and it’s going to be a 13 year old girl like enfys nest.

I can almost guarantee now that when that helmet comes off, which it will, everyone will be pissed. I know it.
It's like you read my mind.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #17
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I’ll watch it
yup
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:28 PM   #18
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yup
Same here. Life is too short to nitpick on everything.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:21 PM   #19
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Same here. Life is too short to nitpick on everything.
Despite my apprehension, I’ll def watch it and keep my fingers crossed.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:53 AM   #20
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

One of the folks at Screen Junkies noted that the announcement put out by Favreau was gender neutral. That image doesn’t look female. No one said that image was of the lead. Is it possible that the Madalorian is Sabine Wren? Dave Filoni is invloved.

Is the lead Cobb Vanth from the Aftermath books that obtains used Madalorian armour i plied to be Boba’s Sarlaac damaged armor. Or maybe one of Madarlorians from Rebels.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote