Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
vikefan82
Doh!

PCS has stolen my $1100

I ordered the 1:3 Goro statue when it went up for sale on the PCS website nearly 2 years ago, with a listed est. delivery date of May-July 2018.

I patiently waited until literally the last day of July 2018 before complaining, but when that day came and gone with no delivery, I decided to contact PCS to find out what was going on. That's when I discovered -- to my complete shock -- that they had apparently sold all of their marketing and distribution to Sideshow, who would now supposedly be the company I need to coordinate delivery or order cancellation.

So I ask Sideshow when the item is being delivered. They have absolutely no idea or even an estimated timeframe to give me. Of course at this point I have 0 faith that the product I purchased would actually be delivered, so I asked Sideshow to cancel my order. They cancelled it and told me I would receive a check for the full refund, but that they "didn't know when we will be able to issue it as we're still migrating our systems over from PCS."

I waited...and waited...and waited. 3 months have now gone by. Each month I asked for an update and was strung along with the "we're still working on it" lines. Now I just received an email from Sideshow saying they can only offer store credit because they never collected any money from me to begin with! On top of that, they say that if I don't agree to that [useless to me] store credit within a week, they'll just consider the matter closed and the store credit offer will expire!!

HOW can any of this be legal?? PCS is literally impossible to contact (I've called their phone dozens of times and let it ring dozens of times on each call. Never any answer, and no voicemail, and no responses ever given from their CS email). Sideshow won't give me any payment AND they cancelled my order, so I won't even receive the item.

Essentially, 2 businesses have taken $1120 of my money and are acting as though they don't need to give me anything at all in return, either the product OR a refund. This is unbelievable and will force me to have to go through the enormous hassle of a small claims lawsuit.

Thanks a lot you pile of sh*t company. I will never, EVER order anything from either PCS or Sideshow *ever* again. Ever.
vikefan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #2
dao2
Cyclops

You'll probably get some sympathy on this forum cause it's warranted, but not really from me because you're being all hysterical about it.

1) 2 companies did not "steal" your money. Sideshow never took any money from you. What they did is likely legal, they stalled so much to make sure it was legal in fact. While I don't think much of Sideshow I would not hold this against them much.

2) What PCS did is probably not legal, GL going after them in court though. They also probably don't have money to pay everyone refunds so they won't pay you. They tried to make a deal with SS to get everyone refunded, however cause everyone refunded on top of that that deal went kind of sour and prompted SS to do the store credit only thing. I think it was nice of them to at least try but v0v.

3) If you still want your Goro you will probably still get it, or at the very least end up with credit. I have it on order and am eagerly awaiting my Goro. They are working on it and the photos they've shown look nice. I also recently received 3 statues from PCS and they look quite nice so their quality is as good as ever. However their wait times have been long since inception and continue to be long, so if that's an issue I would recommend you take the store credit. But really 3 months delay is absolutely nothing in this hobby, pretty much any company will have that, expect to wait longer.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
vikefan82
Doh!

Thanks armchair corporate lawyer, but no, it is not legal to "stall" long enough to the point where you are no longer obligated to provide a product -- or a refund -- that has been paid for.
vikefan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I don't know where to start with this post, so I won't.

Goro 1:3 preorders have transitioned over to SSC. If you want cancel contact SSC and get your credit. After seeing some production pics of Goro on the FB pages I am feeling confident we will actually see this piece. It seems pretty far along. I have 2 outstanding prepays for Goro with SSC. I was told, and I have the transcript from SSC you can cancel anytime and get credit for any of my remaining preorders...

Be thankful you are only in for $1,200. Some of us are/were in for +$20k..........
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #5
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikefan82 View Post
Thanks armchair corporate lawyer, but no, it is not legal to "stall" long enough to the point where you are no longer obligated to provide a product -- or a refund -- that has been paid for.
Are you a lawyer? I would imagine not because of your belligerence and in which case it is hilarious that you give some ---- for being an armchair lawyer while doing it yourself.

In the mails they said multiple times when it was transferring you could cancel the order transfer and deal with PCS themselves. And you could have at any time told SS that you wanted to deal with PCS themselves as well. Go ahead, try and sue sideshow because you agreed to this. It sounds like you deserve the cost and misery that'll come from suing a company that never collected a cent from you.

Also nobody has stalled past a point where they are obligated to provide a product to you, they are still obligated to do so. I would normally be confused as to where that idea came from but from reading your posts I can see how you just make ---- up and believe it.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #6
Y3E
Gen 13

Your title says it all, PCS stole your $1100. Not SS. I would take the credit from SS.

I have one fully paid statue with PCS and I am hopeful I will receive it...one day.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #7
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I hate to jump in here too but this is what was so hard to grasp by some (not all) on Facebook. Sideshow is offering the credit and basically letting you use it unrestricted (even on current orders if you have them). If you take that offer for credit thats it ,your issue has been settled with sideshow and pcs. If you refuse it and want your cash (which is completely understandable) then you have to deal directly with PCS because they took your money not Sideshow. Is it perfect? No. But to me Sideshow stepped up Big time here. They are basically buying PCS debt for customers.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:49 PM   #8
ukshaun
Hercules

Not another one of these threads (again).

When placing a pre_order with PCS, many/most know it's going to take longer than Sideshow, as PCS has a history of delays.

It's great that the new owners are atleast trying to deal with pre_orders, and bring down wait times. These things take time.
Maybe we should be grateful Jerry found buyers, and didn't simply do a runner.

Having Sideshow onboard add's some stability to the current situation PCS finds itself in, which can only be a good thing.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #9
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I wouldn't blame Sideshow. Its not their fault. I doubt PCS had enough money to even issue everyone full refunds. Sideshow helped out regardless even when it wasn't their fault to begin with. It sucks but its better than nothing. I pretty much am getting 1500 in Sideshow credit. I would rather it be in cash but at this point I'm just lucky to get my money back whether it be credit from Sideshow. I'm currently Window shopping right now on Sideshow.com.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #10
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
I wouldn't blame Sideshow. Its not their fault. I doubt PCS had enough money to even issue everyone full refunds. Sideshow helped out regardless even when it wasn't their fault to begin with. It sucks but its better than nothing. I pretty much am getting 1500 in Sideshow credit. I would rather it be in cash but at this point I'm just lucky to get my money back whether it be credit from Sideshow. I'm currently Window shopping right now on Sideshow.com.
I wouldn't say they aren't entirely to blame. Clearly they made a deal with PCS that included cash refunds but ended up reneging on that due to the increased amount of refund requests. I have no idea what was in their contract but they also stalled to confirm that they were legally able to do this.

They also probably aren't doing it out of the goodness in their heart, SS takes a big % of sales and they are taking a gamble on this working out in the end and getting that sweet no-effort % from exclusive PCS sales. They may have even been offered a bigger % then usual to get them to accept the deal in the first place.

I don't know the contract details though and no one really does except the two parties. I applaud Ant for at least trying to salvage the company and securing our orders and I am glad that SS took them in to "secure" the orders. PCS obviously should never have let it gotten this bad but v0v.