Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-18-2018, 03:52 PM   #21
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikefan82 View Post
I am not interested in buying anything from Sideshow. I never have before and never will. The credit is forcing me to buy something I don't want to buy nor would ever, all because the original company failed to deliver what I *actually* did intend to buy.

It's not legal in America for companies to pull a bait and switch...to sell you one product and then tell you, "sorry nevermind we're going to sell you a completely different product for that money that you never approved or even knew existed prior to paying us."
Yes YES we get it it's illegal!
But the only way to enforce legality is through court.

Sideshow owes you nothing. Legally you will get nowhere. It doesn't matter what you were told, what you have in writing blah blah blah it matters what twill hold up.

PCS owes you the money. Legally you can win.
But they can't/won't pay.
So you can go through the who knows what legal ringer and end up with nothing more than a pat on the back and someone saying "you were right".
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:01 PM   #22
MissRoMayo
Fantastic Four

Quote:

It's not legal in America for companies to pull a bait and switch...to sell you one product and then tell you, "sorry nevermind we're going to sell you a completely different product for that money that you never approved or even knew existed prior to paying us."

But...they haven't? The statue production has been delayed right, not cancelled entirely? Is simply waiting for the product to release honestly not an option at all for you now?
MissRoMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #23
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Except for the very first response to this thread.
Actually it wasn't defending anyone just a realistic take on the current scenarion and followed up with saying you have no idea what you are talking about.

Good to see things haven't changed.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #24
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRoMayo View Post
But...they haven't? The statue production has been delayed right, not cancelled entirely? is simply waiting for the product to release honestly not an option at all for you now?
He just wanted to make his own thread to complain about his specific unhappiness.

Lets all just let him have his own dead thread.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #25
Augen
The Hulk

I can just say the minimum fees for an attorney would likely exceed $1100 you would recoup. It would have to be more about sending a message than any expectation of recovering lost funds. It sucks for anyone in this situation and I don't blame anyone for being upset about it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #26
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
He just wanted to make his own thread to complain about his specific unhappiness.

+1

I refuse to post in any more of these moaning about PCS refund threads. Good day!
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:08 PM   #27
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I can just say the minimum fees for an attorney would likely exceed $1100 you would recoup. It would have to be more about sending a message than any expectation of recovering lost funds. It sucks for anyone in this situation and I don't blame anyone for being upset about it.
It depends, some states have a program where u can get in contact and half a 30 minute call with a lawyer for $50 and talk to one for a half hour. From there they can advise you. I had one lined up to represent me in a small claims court (I was out of state) for a couple hundred. Big difference between a real law suit and small claims court though.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:57 PM   #28
vikefan82
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRoMayo View Post
But...they haven't? The statue production has been delayed right, not cancelled entirely? Is simply waiting for the product to release honestly not an option at all for you now?
You mean the vaporware that neither company can even state a general estimation of when it MIGHT be available for delivery? When it's already 6 months past the original delivery time, which they set over 2 years ago?

Honestly, how long are you willing to wait until you finally give up? Do you think we should still be sitting around here 15 years from now thinking, "Well maybe they'll be able to deliver it this year"?
vikefan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:58 PM   #29
vikefan82
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Would not be surprised if this is a PCS employee. Not sure how any legitimate customer or even potential customer of PCS could think that there isn't a SERIOUS and legitimate concern here for which the company has absolutely no defense.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:59 PM   #30
vikefan82
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Small claims are easy to file and cost a very minimum amount to do so. You don't need a lawyer for everything. Small claims are specifically created to alleviate that problem.