Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #11
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
From SS response about it and how they spoke with their lawyers (or just in house legal counsel) beforehand they probably just stone walled and said "this is the way it is, pray we don't alter the deal further". .
I couldn't resist... lol

Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #12
dao2
Cyclops

pmuch :P
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #13
qz33
Rescue

Nah he knew. I mean yeah SS is calling the shots but they told him the details of what was up WAYYYY before we heard a peep.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:03 PM   #14
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Nah he knew. I mean yeah SS is calling the shots but they told him the details of what was up WAYYYY before we heard a peep.
Maybe maybe not, when a company is considering their legal obligations in a contract it's in their interest to NOT let the other party know so they can put research into it themselves to counter them. They may have given a courtesy heads up before they responded to users, they should have. But this a business in the US and SS. They aren't that nice.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #15
MPCanes
The X-Men

This is pretty amusing these days to be honest...assuming I get my credit, lol.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #16
qz33
Rescue

Alrighty. First, Dylan Thomas thanks for giving me the heads up and doing the best you could to answer questions (thanks to other collectors defending and helping out as well). I went through and grabbed as many questions as I could and will answer them in my text below. I delete threads to clean up the page since answers will be here. I am going to answer as much as I can, but somethings I cannot discuss at this time. Believe me I want to provide more and will when I can. So let's get started:
1. "Ant where the ---- have you been?" Ass and elbows deep in this transition/partnership with Sideshow and cleaning up PCS. There is ALOT of work that is going into this partnership with Sideshow on both sides. I and the team have been heads down grinding to get this transition done. But, I think its taking a lot longer then we all thought as a lot goes into it from shipping thousands of statues to Sideshow to downsizing from 20,000 sqft to 5,000 sqft to still transitioning orders both with individuals and distributors. I need 48hrs in a day. Planned on pulling in another person to help on social media just have had zero time to train someone to take over for me. Goal is to be completely done by year end. Not what people want to hear but we have to be realistic. I have to thanks Sideshow because they have been absolutely awesome! Their help and guidance have been invaluable.
2. "I can't get in touch with PCS Customer Service". We have a customer service email (customerservice@pcstoy.com) and new phone as we are in NC not CA anymore (980-299-7598) which are both on our website. BUT, with the transition we no longer have a customer service team. So responses to emails will be extremely delayed as we basically have someone jumping in there when they can from their normal 5 jobs. We know some emails are directing you to "PCS". We are working on a possible solution with Sideshow to correct this back and forth/limbo some collectors are experiencing. Hope to have this sorted out in the next couple of weeks.
3. "So what does PCS do now?" We have gone back to the beginning days with PCS. We don't sell, ship, or distribute anymore due to our partnership with Sideshow. We handle licensing (choosing which properties we want to do, characters, etc), development (prototypes/development of the statues we decide to create), production (getting the product produced in China) and trade shows/PCS social media/etc. All orders (pre-orders, in-stock), customer service and shipping are all handled by Sideshow. So basically we make a prototype then Sideshow sells and collects money then we get in made in China then Sideshow picks up from China and handles from then on. We choose licenses, characters, etc, but Sideshow has been a great mentor to use so I ping them when I can to run ideas by them like I did on here when I had time.
4. "I just got an email from Sideshow offer a credit for my refund." The credit email from Sideshow that was sent out is a way for collectors to get their refund now. The credit can be used for shipping, PCS items or ANYTHING else Sideshow sells on their website. You still have an option for cash refund per the email that was sent out. But, see #2 above. Working on a better solution if people don't choose a credit, but don't have more info yet. But, if you want your refund now the credit is the quickest solution. Not what people want to hear I know, but I don't have more I can say at this point.
5. "I didn't receive the credit email from Sideshow because my order cancel was pre-partnership (including replacements or returns during transition). Can I get a credit too?" We are working to see if this could be an option as well. More to come.
6. "I just got an email from Sideshow cancelling my orders, WTF!!!" Sideshow sent emails months ago for people to verify their information. If you got the new email then that means you may have missed that first email. But, do not threat as your order hasn't disappeared. Just email Sideshow customer service and your order will be added to your account. I know it sucks and I can understand the frustration but they just needed verification. Also we have a list of all the people that didn't verify and they will be reached out to individually to confirm their account. We will go in order of products that will be shipping so your statue is accounted for when it leaves China.
7. "I saw something about a $50k lawsuit, is PCS in trouble?" I can't go into details pending lawsuits, but I'll say the lawsuit is at "Culture Shock Toys, Inc." not "PCS Collectibles LLC". I'll let you guys put 2 and 2 together there.
8. "Why wasn't PCS Management at NYCC?" They were. Mark Martin was at NYCC. We rotate shows so it was his turn to handle NYCC. We will probably handle by "coasts" going forward with him being on the west coast, but everyone needs to go to each show at least once.
9. "Your delivery times suck ass!" Agreed. We are focused hard on catching up on all statues (see below). Our goal is to be all caught up on old product and be on time going forward by mid/late 2019 (a lot to catch up on). Sideshow site has conservative updated dates with our goal to deliver before those dates where ever possible. I'll have more to share on our strategy for new PO deliveries which we think is going to be awesome and DRAMATICALLY cut down on delivery. I'm seeing more and more Companies stating delivery 18 months out and still be late like we are, but we want to change that for 2019. More to come later.
10. "Are the items above it? Or do I need to worry about not getting my statues at all?" We have never not delivered a statue and with our new partnership we have shifted hard to catch up on the back log of orders. We have over 13 statues on schedule to leave China prior to Chinese New Year. So we will be averaging over 3 statues a month leave China. The pre-CNY crowd includes fan favorites Goro, Rambo, Scorpion and Chun-Li to name a few as well as some well over due like Cyrax and Howling. The next three are Mileena (already picked up from China), White Ranger bust (pick up scheduled by end of month) and She-Ra (pick up scheduled by end of month).
11. "Is it safe to order PCS products?" Yes. All orders go through Sideshow and their distributors going forward. PCS no longer takes orders or collects money.
12. Rambo will come with headband (Bryon was being silly) and every order will come with the 1:1 necklace.
13. "Are you still doing Mortal Kombat?" Currently working on multi-year extension and the numbers. Sonya would be next in 1:4 and we will have a more steady PO of MK next year.
14. "What about MOTU?" Still working on it. New contacts so have to build relationship again.
15. "What are the next in the Transformer lines?" Large/Museum scale line: Starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp then Megatron
Small/Classic scale line:
Soundwave is next
16. "GI Joe?" Baroness is next
17. "TMNT?" Donnie then probably Shredder or Rocksteady
18. "Sakura...[fill in the blank]...WTF!!!" Agreed! WTF! I don't like her at all so she won't be ready until next year as we work to fix her many needs.
19. "Myer head update?" Hoping to have a new head to show by the end of the month. Not playing around anymore for V.5. Putting my man Mr. Diba on it.
20. "When will you be back on here?" I hoping to either have me or another person from PCS to be back on here to help on Dylan and start giving more development/production updates by the end of the year. Just need some daylight to find the time. Just trying real hard to catch up on production and finish the transition. It's messy and noisy now, but we will be a much better company once we grind out now to be in a better place for all in 2019. But, I do miss chatting with you guys.
I know that probably doesn't answer everything, but that's all I can speak on right now. I know a lot of people will still be upset, but I figure at least answer/share what I can at this point and show through time as you see the PCS transformation. Now I leave you back in the hands of Mr. Dylan and back to grinding back out.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #17
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Honestly I don't expect it to have a lot of new info :|

"We made a deal with SS to take over refunds, but unfortunately there was a ton more cancellations so they changed it to credit only. There's really nothing we can do about it. If you want cash refunds it'll have to be through PCS (*cough* you'll be waiting forever). We have a lot of great statues shipping and starting to ship and we'll have more to show off soon, keep a look out for our transformers statues coming up for PO!" And maybe some factory photos of stuff in production.
Well... that answers that. Considering it's most likely a significant number, you would think that SS, PCS or both would've tried to publicly address the issue before it got out of hand.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #18
Augen
The Hulk

13. and 16. on that list are of interest to me.

18. is very amusing.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #19
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Well... that answers that. Considering it's most likely a significant number, you would think that SS, PCS or both would've tried to publicly address the issue before it got out of hand.
Sorry if I gave a wrong impression but that's not an official PCS response. That was my mock response to what the update will include (it was pretty close to be fair except his had a lot more info).

So what you are replying to is what I wrote as a joke and not an official response from anybody. QZ's post here is Ant's real response.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #20
qz33
Rescue

Man who gives a phuck about this "what statue is next sh!t"!
Y'all come back with that crap next year.