Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-04-2018, 06:04 PM   #321
junta
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post

Dr. Strange saw so many scenarios/or the outcome of defeating Thanos, that only one might worked...I think that's what he said or something along these lines.
Strange may have seen all scenarios, but he couldn't control which came to pass since the "snap" had a random outcome. Or did I miss something?

I found the trailer boring. Actually, I think the fault was with the, seemingly, generic soundtrack that accompanied it.
junta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:23 PM   #322
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Fury: "You came from a race of noble warriors"....she promptly corrects his ass .. "Heroes...noble warrior heroes"
This is a new level of cringe. If there were any more need for me to pass on this meh fest I'd say this is it.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:26 AM   #323
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Captain Marvel is one of my favorite Marvel characters but I thought that the trailer just looked ok. I have only watched Trailer #2 so far and sometimes a trailer can be bad where the film is very good. I guess it just did not wow me but I am hoping that the film will be good.
I agree, but I’m hopeful. I’ve always loved her character in the comics but this trailer fell flat for me. I so hope the movie’s good, though.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:41 AM   #324
Portugueezer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Fury: "You came from a race of noble warriors"....she promptly corrects his ass .. "Heroes...noble warrior heroes"
This is a new level of cringe. If there were any more need for me to pass on this meh fest I'd say this is it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I agree, but I’m hopeful. I’ve always loved her character in the comics but this trailer fell flat for me. I so hope the movie’s good, though.
Wasn´t a fan of the trailer at all... Totally agree with the cringe dialogue. Hard to find interest in seeing this in the theatre.
Portugueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:00 AM   #325
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
I have to say I did cringe when I heard this...
I hate to say, the actress does very little for me as well; from her dead pan delivery to her tiny voice...I'm hoping against hope for this movie...
riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:33 PM   #326
Y3E
Gen 13

I'm just going to watch the action scenes
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:26 PM   #327
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I agree that Brie Larsen just doesn't feel like Carol Danvers. Her acting is android like and she does have the voice of a young girl. But, cosmic Marvel is my groove and I love the flying through space scenes as well! I'll still be there opening day!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:11 AM   #328
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Huh... I quite liked that line...
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:15 AM   #329
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Reading the other comments, I didn't see the line as cringe in the slightest. I saw it as her being adorable and it to me it 100% landed on its mark... I guess everyone's got an opinion.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #330
moon_knight1971
Rescue

My guess is the part Kree of her as well as being raised there for a while is the cause for her monotone and lifeless delivery in most of what we see. Pretty sure her human side and personality will start coming out the more she remembers of herself when she's back on Earth.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote