Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #51
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
I'm loving this game too. Just completed the Huntsman Copse. My main complaints are that you can't compare your equipped items with the ones the vendors are selling. I'm also having an issue when I'm being summoned that if the summon doesn't go through(which happens way to often) I can't use my soap signs. I have to quit the game and reload. Great game overall.
If you connection fails while being summoned they "ban" you for about 5 mins. I think I'm up to around 60 fidelity stones right now and very rarely have any issue connecting. A couple nights ago they had issues after the update but they fixed it around 10 hours later.
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #52
twinzs

Has anyone else finished this yet? I was pretty disappointed with the final boss. Obviously won't go into detail so I won't give anything away but I expected a much bigger challenge.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #53
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I have, I wasn't disappointed. The final boss in Demon's Souls was easy, as was the Dark Souls 1 boss. Part 2 pretty much kept the tradition that the 3/4 mark bosses prove to be the coolest and toughest while the end one is a pushover.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #54
twinzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
I have, I wasn't disappointed. The final boss in Demon's Souls was easy, as was the Dark Souls 1 boss. Part 2 pretty much kept the tradition that the 3/4 mark bosses prove to be the coolest and toughest while the end one is a pushover.
I had to at least attempt to defend myself in the previous battles. Like against gwyn I couldn't just stand across the room and not move and win.

I'm also not big on who the final boss really was. I guess it leaves it open for added story later on. It definitely explains a lot into why there was the attack on the giants.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #55
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinzs View Post
I had to at least attempt to defend myself in the previous battles. Like against gwyn I couldn't just stand across the room and not move and win.

I'm also not big on who the final boss really was. I guess it leaves it open for added story later on. It definitely explains a lot into why there was the attack on the giants.
I dunno...against Gwyn all I did was Iron Flesh it up then go blow for blow...I wouldn't say there was any challenge in that

Demon/Dark Souls bosses have always been fairly weak. 99% of the bosses can be defeated by circling to the left or right and just striking their backs.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:31 AM   #56
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I dunno...against Gwyn all I did was Iron Flesh it up then go blow for blow...I wouldn't say there was any challenge in that

Demon/Dark Souls bosses have always been fairly weak. 99% of the bosses can be defeated by circling to the left or right and just striking their backs.
99% is way too much to make that claim. Ornstein/Smough, Capra Demon, Centipede Demon, 4 Kings, to just name a few have AOE attacks and swipes that cover their sides. You have to implement some form of dodge or parry if you go head to head melee with them.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #57
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
99% is way too much to make that claim. Ornstein/Smough, Capra Demon, Centipede Demon, 4 Kings, to just name a few have AOE attacks and swipes that cover their sides. You have to implement some form of dodge or parry if you go head to head melee with them.
alright you're right...

-circle to the left/right
-take 2 steps back
-wait for attack
-take 2 steps forward
-attack
-rinse/repeat

better?

OR (for every boss you mentioned) just use old faithful and Iron Flesh it up and go blow for blow. I remember on the 4 Kings, I literally just stood there with IF and my 2-hander and just destroyed them one by one.

The bosses, although well designed, have never been well executed from a challenge standpoint. The only reason people struggle with the series is a lack of patience. The second you spot the pattern (like any boss), they become a joke.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #58
Lizard King
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinzs View Post
If you connection fails while being summoned they "ban" you for about 5 mins. I think I'm up to around 60 fidelity stones right now and very rarely have any issue connecting. A couple nights ago they had issues after the update but they fixed it around 10 hours later.
I didn't know about the "ban". That's interesting. My connections have gotten much better in past week, so somethings working. Has anyone tried, or is using, the Name Engraved Ring to hook up with friends online? How's it working?
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:28 AM   #59
damienjakk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZto8aegxo
Old 06-14-2014, 04:32 PM   #60
twinzs

gameplay preview of bloodborne or demon souls 2 as originally thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx8KTIeSnzs&app=desktop