Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #1631
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
that's a pretty boring list chunk Man-at-Arms despite being a main character and having a sweet Magnum PI stache is such a boring design that I certainly hope he doesn't come out anytime too soon, same with Ram-Man really, without his action feature he's just a short fat dude
What's wrong with you?

I think the 200X Man-at-Arms design is much better than the Classic. But I would still want MaA. And Ram Man is just awesome.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #1632
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah I'm more of he-man fan than thunderclaps but like them both and to me Id have to agree with you! And ill have to reserve entire opinion until its released but from pictures it looks like they made it look kind of a plastic finish? Maybe its just the pictures or my eyes are playing trix with me but it has different finish!!

But there is no denying this is true He-Man, and at its finest right here and we get a little extra exclusive Orko to boot? I was defiantly ordering but now its definitely getting ordered day one!

I just wished his head was looking more dead on instead if looking at sword but other than that its total win!

Sarah
Was that a mistype or did you mean to say that? It was funny whatever the hell you meant....lol.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #1633
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Was that a mistype or did you mean to say that? It was funny whatever the hell you meant....lol.
Oh bouii damn auto spell! Wonder why it wouldn't of wrote cats?? Thunderclaps ?? Hahha

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #1634
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I wish we had a hint of what the possible modern version of the line will look like. I like the He-Man preview. Even the paint has a retro cartoony gloss to it. Just looking at it brings back the plastic smell of those fresh He-Man figures. I can't wait to see the other characters. But I guess I can have two versions of Teela. But I still wish we at least got one version of Cheetara...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #1635
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
What's wrong with you?

I think the 200X Man-at-Arms design is much better than the Classic. But I would still want MaA. And Ram Man is just awesome.

oh yeah, guy with a mushroom helmet and a boring green leotard body suit certainly screams "awesome" to me
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:35 AM   #1636
clayman1976
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I wish we had a hint of what the possible modern version of the line will look like. I like the He-Man preview. Even the paint has a retro cartoony gloss to it. Just looking at it brings back the plastic smell of those fresh He-Man figures. I can't wait to see the other characters. But I guess I can have two versions of Teela. But I still wish we at least got one version of Cheetara...
I'd just like an actual real response to if there actually going to be a "modern version" line of these. I loved the cartoon but I don't want cartoon versions of these characters as statues. I want a more updated version such as or similar to the 200x versions as statues!!! And would love a definite answer as to whether that is going to actually happen or if it was just an implication that was said with no real merit to it.
clayman1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #1637
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'd love an updated serious style Modulok even though he's probably in the bottom 1% popularity wise. I'm assuming he'd be a sculpting nightmare too seeing as I hear Goro is a challenge to sculpt. In any case though, I'll hold out for a good villain in the line, I'm sure there will be some good ones down the road.

damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #1638
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman1976 View Post
I'd just like an actual real response to if there actually going to be a "modern version" line of these. I loved the cartoon but I don't want cartoon versions of these characters as statues. I want a more updated version such as or similar to the 200x versions as statues!!! And would love a definite answer as to whether that is going to actually happen or if it was just an implication that was said with no real merit to it.
I like the cartoon version. Very classic. I like the idea of a modern version too. But maybe not too modern. That might have hurt the Thundercats a bit. I didn't like Lion-O for that reason. He was too realistic. But I really wanted that Cheetara.

It's probably difficult to do two versions of high priced statues. Who knows who will purchase both versions and if there is a market for both versions. But I have seen people with multiple colors for PCS Street Fighter statues.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:51 AM   #1639
clayman1976
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I like the cartoon version. Very classic. I like the idea of a modern version too. But maybe not too modern. That might have hurt the Thundercats a bit. I didn't like Lion-O for that reason. He was too realistic. But I really wanted that Cheetara.

It's probably difficult to do two versions of high priced statues. Who knows who will purchase both versions and if there is a market for both versions. But I have seen people with multiple colors for PCS Street Fighter statues.
Hey.... it's all great if some people like and even want the cartoon version. I'm happy to see the statues made. They're just not the type of statues I personally want. It was implied/teased/hinted/call it what you will.... by Jerry way back in this thread somewhere that there would be a 2nd line of more updated/realistic versions but it was never definitely confirmed. A lot of people here are expecting a 2nd line of these characters to be made as 1/4 scale statues because of that. Some of us are just wanting to know whether that is a real possibility or not and would like a definite Yes or No from the one person who can actually best answer that.
clayman1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:19 AM   #1640
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman1976 View Post
Hey.... it's all great if some people like and even want the cartoon version. I'm happy to see the statues made. They're just not the type of statues I personally want. It was implied/teased/hinted/call it what you will.... by Jerry way back in this thread somewhere that there would be a 2nd line of more updated/realistic versions but it was never definitely confirmed. A lot of people here are expecting a 2nd line of these characters to be made as 1/4 scale statues because of that. Some of us are just wanting to know whether that is a real possibility or not and would like a definite Yes or No from the one person who can actually best answer that.
No, implied/teased/hinted are all exaggerations of what was said. He simply referred to the 1/4 filmation line as "the filmation line" because it is just that. He knew back then the the 1:1 realistic bust line would exist, we didn't so people jumped to conclusions.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote