Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-26-2021, 10:57 AM   #251
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
First official photo.
That goblin glider is very distracting, not needed at all.

Nice to see, sideshow (still) doing 1/4 spider-man villains.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:09 AM   #252
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I love my P1 Venom ...but I'm really liking this one, too!

Bloody hell! ...Feeling the urge to double dip. Maybe the price will dissuade me, but the force is strong with this one.
On the same boat. The more I look at it, the more I like it.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:49 AM   #253
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
That goblin glider is very distracting, not needed at all.

Nice to see, sideshow (still) doing 1/4 spider-man villains.
Correction they are still doing Venom and Carnage
The rest of the villains get to be hinted at and have parts sprinkled onto the bases.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:26 PM   #254
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
I think the new symbiotie Spiderman will be the perfect pairing with carnage & venom
Just the right amount of grim to go with this sinister duo
Yes, I agree, but I want the Spidey with his classic red and blue costume.

I don't like the new Spiderman PF, the previous one I like and the OG comiquttte but I want something new.

Crazy, there are so many Spiderman statues but nothing that really stand out for me. Hopefully Sideshow or XM or Queen Studios will make another one soon that would look good with these new SS Venom and Carnage.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:38 PM   #255
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Correction they are still doing Venom and Carnage
The rest of the villains get to be hinted at and have parts sprinkled onto the bases.
Right.

Even though I could still use a 1/4 Venom…

Who does a guy have to kill for them to make a Hobgoblin, Doctor Octopus and Kraven? I’ve got like 3 or 4 1/4 Spideys with tentacles on the base, enough is enough.

Funny, some of ss’s releases line up with TV and movies, like Carnage, Venom, Black Widow, etc, but SS remains super selective of a few characters. “No Way Home”, “Kraven”, “Morbius”, “Spiderverse 2”, etc, are perfect opportunities for PFs of Spider-Gwen, Oc, Kraven, Morbius, Vulture, Electro, etc, but they’ll probably just do another Spidey (yeah my favorite character, but still) or Black Cat.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:38 PM   #256
Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I could've sworn you quit this hobby? . Welcome back though.
Thanks man, yeah I did quit about 4 years ago. I currently has 0 statue lol.

During my 4 years away from this hobby I bought one statue, which was XM Hulk transformation, but I sold it again at cost, just wasn't too happy with it.

But I PO Prime1 1/3 scale Batman Hush Batcave and Batman Fabok. Batman and Spiderman are my two favorite characters. I didn't plan to buy statues again but I fall into the trap again lol. I will be super picky though, will stick to just Batman and Spiderman.

My plan is to just get 6 statues, I already POd the 2 prime 1 Batman for one room, and for my other room I like 3 or 4 statues from Spiderman universe, so far I like what I am seeing with these new venom and carnage. I like the SS symbiote Spiderman too, will probably order. All I need is the Spidey with his classic suit, I don't care from who makes it, just want the good one
Old 07-26-2021, 12:43 PM   #257
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
Thanks man, yeah I did quit about 4 years ago. I currently has 0 statue lol.

During my 4 years away from this hobby I bought one statue, which was XM Hulk transformation, but I sold it again at cost, just wasn't too happy with it.

But I PO Prime1 1/3 scale Batman Hush Batcave and Batman Fabok. Batman and Spiderman are my two favorite characters. I didn't plan to buy statues again but I fall into the trap again lol. I will be super picky though, will stick to just Batman and Spiderman.

My plan is to just get 6 statues, I already POd the 2 prime 1 Batman for one room, and for my other room I like 3 or 4 statues from Spiderman universe, so far I like what I am seeing with these new venom and carnage. I like the SS symbiote Spiderman too, will probably order. All I need is the Spidey with his classic suit, I don't care from who makes it, just want the good one
I find myself getting closer to where you are with this. I’ve been collecting full rosters, but I find myself wanting less overall. I’m starting to just value space. So I’ve been offloading statues. And still buying, but offloading faster than I buy so the collection is still shrinking. I still want some of Batman, Spidey and X-Men, but not nearly as many.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:50 PM   #258
Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I find myself getting closer to where you are with this. I’ve been collecting full rosters, but I find myself wanting less overall. I’m starting to just value space. So I’ve been offloading statues. And still buying, but offloading faster than I buy so the collection is still shrinking. I still want some of Batman, Spidey and X-Men, but not nearly as many.
Yeah less is more for me, I used to have 40+ statues. I don't miss all the boxes in my garage lol. Anyway, I think 6 statues is enough, but I really need to like them to keep long term. I don't like selling statues. That's why I really want the best Spiderman statue that I could get, so far I have not seen it yet.

What is your favorite Spiderman statue? The OG comiquette?
Old 07-26-2021, 12:54 PM   #259
Destroyous
Justice League

There IS something to having a smaller collection with only a few select pieces. Having one statue in a cube has always looked nicer to me. The box storage issue of course a major problem. I started in 2010 and I’ve hardly sold anything like maybe 10 overall. So I have like almost 90 with 1:4 scale, legendary scale and life size busts. But I often prefer people’s more select and less clutter looking displays to mine.
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 06:45 AM   #260
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

When is this beast expected to go up for sale? In the meantime, we need some nice detailed pics, & possibly a switch out portrait surprise? Catch your breath SS, but we needs more.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote