Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #11
built2shred
Phoenix

Not sure how heavy you expect a 1/10 scale to weigh.... It says on their website it's Polystone (except for the cape).... And given how small it is I seriously doubt it's hollow, the statue has heft to it, but when you grab it and you feel the plastic cape it does throw you off..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #12
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
I have to agree with Walls. I have this batman and it does feel like plastic instead of what they claim it to be, out of polystone, NOT. the thing is hollow for sure and it is plastic. It feels like one of those kits where you paint it. Yep its out of synthetic resin/plastic and not polystone
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:22 AM   #13
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Don't get me wrong, the overall appearance on this Batman/paint application is good, but the material used does not stand up to what they claim it to be, out of polystone. Just my 2 cent
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:57 AM   #14
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Polystone - A mix of largely polyurethane resin mixed with powdered stone additives that gives its added weight and the porcelain or that stone like feel that results in the materials name itself.

This does not have a porcelain or even a stone like feel to it. Perhaps its a hybrid of some sort from Polystone?
But its a good looking figure. Not worth what they are asking for, that's for sure
Old 10-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #15
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Not sure how heavy you expect a 1/10 scale to weigh.... It says on their website it's Polystone (except for the cape).... And given how small it is I seriously doubt it's hollow, the statue has heft to it, but when you grab it and you feel the plastic cape it does throw you off..
I have several Batman B&W statues and the weight of this doesn't match up, and they are the same scale.
Like I said, in hand, it feels and looks almost toy like.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #16
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I wonder if all the other 1/10 scale is made like this or if its just this one. When reading the description, this is what it states (either on BBTS or Amazon)...

BBTS & Amazon....
"Iron studios is proud to release its limited edition Batman "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". This 1:10 scale model is sure to impress with its hand painted detailing, polystone base and produced based on the original movie references. Product also comes with a base for display. (No indication of the statue being Polystone here)

While EE states this...
"This limited edition statue of Batman from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is modeled after the original movie references. Hand painted, the 1:10 scale sculpture measures about 7-inches tall and includes a polystone base." (No indication of the statue being Polystone here)

It states "Polystone BASE" I think that's the only thing that is polystone about it ,and its the only piece that is heavy too. Could it be that this is the only piece like this, or perhaps all the other? LOL
Old 10-10-2016, 10:47 PM   #17
built2shred
Phoenix

You forgot to mention right above the description by BBTS it says

Product Size: 7"
Material: Polystone

Your not going to get a smooth porcelain feel because the surface is textured for his outfit. I own over 30 of these 1/10 scale statues from Iron Studios, they all say "manufactured in polystone"... If there not, then Iron Studios has been lying for a long time as they have been making these for a few years now...

I guess one way you could tell is to break it in half and see

It's kind of funny because one of the Amazon reviews says it has some nice weight to it lol.... everyone has their opinion, hell I've picked up some Sideshow 1/4 statues that were light as feather and they were suppose to be polystone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
I wonder if all the other 1/10 scale is made like this or if its just this one. When reading the description, this is what it states (either on BBTS or Amazon)...

BBTS & Amazon....
"Iron studios is proud to release its limited edition Batman "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". This 1:10 scale model is sure to impress with its hand painted detailing, polystone base and produced based on the original movie references. Product also comes with a base for display. (No indication of the statue being Polystone here)

While EE states this...
"This limited edition statue of Batman from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is modeled after the original movie references. Hand painted, the 1:10 scale sculpture measures about 7-inches tall and includes a polystone base." (No indication of the statue being Polystone here)

It states "Polystone BASE" I think that's the only thing that is polystone about it ,and its the only piece that is heavy too. Could it be that this is the only piece like this, or perhaps all the other? LOL
Old 10-11-2016, 08:15 AM   #18
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Yes, it certainly states Polystone right above the description but it doesn't state what part of it is. You have to understand advertising, they can make it sound like something is made from a material, when actual, only a part of it is. Its trying to understand how they word it. Its like taking law and finding a loop hole and twisting it. So they aren't actually lying per say.

I'm not sure if you have this batman, but if you take him off that base, its very light. The base is what gives it weight only, and when you tap on that statue, you can certainly feel its hollow and plastic like.

ANd NO, I'm not going to break it. Its still a great looking batman though.

Take a look at the description of Deadstroke. It reads a bit different. One that I'm looking to get but if he's cheaper.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:03 PM   #19
built2shred
Phoenix

I have all 4 of the Batman vs Superman statues from Iron Studios, and yes they don't weigh 5 lbs... Like I said above I've seen SS polystone 1/4 statues only way 5-6 lbs before so it's not like Polystone is suppose to be a heavy material...

Anyways I'm going by what Iron Studios site says since they made them which says "Manufactured in Polystone" whether or not you want to believe them is up to you...

BTW, the DC Collectables statues I believe are cold cast porcelain and not polystone....