Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #21
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Wait until you see the BIIIIG dino going to Wonderfest...
The T-Rex maybe?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #22
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Wait until you see the BIIIIG dino going to Wonderfest...
Oh wow! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
The T-Rex maybe?
Or perhaps this new beast?

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but Jurassic World looks awesome. Can't wait to see it.

CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #23
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
Oh wow! YES!

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but Jurassic World looks awesome. Can't wait to see it.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:54 PM   #24
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Oh wow! YES!

And no, you're not being overly optimistic.It DOES look awesome!
Old 05-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #25
Patriot666
Birdman

I want this dog so bad. It looks like he dwarfs that HT Pred.
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:26 AM   #26
Spazzy
Hercules

Terror dog looks great hope to acquire one someday soon...hopefully two, still really want to make an open mouth version on one of them.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #27
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
The cases I have we're all purchased, nothing custom made. The two smaller cases are from IKEA, it's called the Detolf. Those are great because they are well made, tall, have a cutout in the top for installing lights, and best of all cheap. Lol. About $64, sometimes they go on sale even cheaper.

As far as the bigger case that now houses the Terror Dog, that was a lucky find. Found it through Craigslist when searching for display cases. It's a jewelry store display case that someone was trying to get rid of, got it for $45.

I hoped it would be big enough for the Terror Dog, I was so happy to see he fit after all.

Yeah, my advice would be to keep an eye out on listings like Craigslist. You never know when someone might be selling off unneeded store displays, and those make for great museum like displays.

Oh yeah, seeing the reviews for Cain and now seeing the quality in the Terror Dog first hand.. Chronicle is the real deal. No doubt the Terminator items will be absolutely amazing.

Another thing I've got to say, it's so unbelievably refreshing to get an item like this and have the product actually look better than the prototype pictures. I'm so used to things being the other way around and being disappointed with the final product.

Whatever your first item will be, I think it's safe to say you will be blown away by it. I can't wait to get my next piece from them, and I'm dying to see what they do with Jurassic Park.
Thanks for the infos. The Ikea is amazing for 64 dollars. Also the term "jewelry store display case" vastly improved my search.

Perhaps...you feel like selling your larger case to me for 45

Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #28
Patriot666
Birdman

Yeah you totally lucked out finding that display case on craigslist. Those things are very expensive new.
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:26 PM   #29
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Oh you totally must have a box of milk bones to display with it man.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:19 PM   #30
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot666 View Post
I want this dog so bad. It looks like he dwarfs that HT Pred.
Oh yeah, he's massive. He could swallow the HT Pred whole. haha

Totally worth picking one of these beasts up, and with the payment plan options, very affordable.

Here's a pic with something next to him to give a sense of scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Thanks for the infos. The Ikea is amazing for 64 dollars. Also the term "jewelry store display case" vastly improved my search.

Perhaps...you feel like selling your larger case to me for 45
Haha! Yeah, don't think I'll be selling it anytime soon. :P

I think once Cain arrives he'll get displayed bellow the Terror Dog and the trap will go back in one of the Ikea cases. I'll have to take the lower shelf out for Cain to fit. If it works the way I hope it will, this will be my Chronicle display case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot666 View Post
Yeah you totally lucked out finding that display case on craigslist. Those things are very expensive new.
For sure! I won the lottery on that deal. lol
I had been looking at sites that sell store cases like that and they are crazy expensive, not to mention the shipping for a heavy fixture like that. Yikes.

I lucked out being it was a local shop, the guy even offered to deliver it and help me move it into my apartment. Saved me the trouble of renting a truck so I tipped him an extra $25, even after that.. a steal considering what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Oh you totally must have a box of milk bones to display with it man.
Haha! That's an idea.
I had figured it could be cool to work out some kind of rooftop display while I was waiting for it to ship to me. After seeing it in person, how impressive it looks, I think it might be best displayed alone after all. A clean, museum like presentation might be the way to go. Hmm...

I absolutely cannot wait to see how the Anubis helmet will look on display. These next few months will be torture waiting for it.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote