Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 01-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #21
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
You know they are going to release some walkers. They have to.
You'd think. If/when they do I'll probably pick up Merle to accompany them. Outside of Rick though I don't see picking up any more of the core characters. Okay, maybe Carl.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #22
dechirico7
The Flash

This statue looks so much better without the poncho. Same goes for Michonne. I would like to get one of these, but I am torn. Daryl is my favorite character, but my collection is female-based. So, would I be happier with Daryl or Michonne? Michonne is definitely my second favorite. Ugh. I am going to wait and see how these turn out after production. I hope these turn out better than the busts. Kind of confused why those came out so bad. Their other busts lines like Harry Potter and Star Wars are great. Daryl or michonne would look great with my Patient Zero ex.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #23
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

MMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Why is that? Because I'm tired of collectors b!tching about prices?
Aren’t Moderators supposed to be at least a bit impartial? Does not seem that way here, and pretty much always on the GG threads. Just saying, or just saiyan.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #24
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
Aren’t Moderators supposed to be at least a bit impartial? Does not seem that way here, and pretty much always on the GG threads. Just saying, or just saiyan.
So you're saying I'm not impartial because I'm a fan of GG? That's funny. For your information I collect product from several other companies too and give them praise when it's due. I don't play favorites I just happen to be very happy with the product I've received from GG lately and like the direction they're heading with some of these new lines. It's called being excited about our hobby, you should try it sometime.

And yeah I'm in the GG section a lot. I'm in the Sideshow section even more but you'd probably never know it because the traffic is much higher there. As a moderator I'm in all of the sections.

You have a pattern of pioneering this movement to complain about pricing so I'm not surprised to see you chime in here. It seems every time GG announces a piece people start b!tching about the price without looking to see if they can get it cheaper outside of ordering direct. So yeah, I'm going to start calling that out because it's ridiculous and tiresome.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #25
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
So you're saying I'm not impartial because I'm a fan of GG? That's funny. For your information I collect product from several other companies too and give them praise when it's due. I don't play favorites I just happen to be very happy with the product I've received from GG lately and like the direction they're heading with some of these new lines. It's called being excited about our hobby, you should try it sometime.

And yeah I'm in the GG section a lot. I'm in the Sideshow section even more but you'd probably never know it because the traffic is much higher there. As a moderator I'm in all of the sections.

You have a pattern of pioneering this movement to complain about pricing so I'm not surprised to see you chime in here. It seems every time GG announces a piece people start b!tching about the price without looking to see if they can get it cheaper outside of ordering direct. So yeah, I'm going to start calling that out because it's ridiculous and tiresome.
I never said anything about price here, especially seeing you in the thread (I did not want you to get upset). I did however notice that you were and are pretty aggressive at times, that is why I made the impartial comment. The aggressive stance you take is not only towards me it seems. I get what you are saying about the b!tching but you are on the opposite side doing the same thing. Oh well, I guess some get cake and can eat too, while others cannot. Just food for thought.

John M.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #26
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quit trolling statuemonger. I and the other mods have talked to you about this before. You don't like me fine, but calling me a "fanboy," "impartial," and "aggressive" isn't called for. If you have a problem with anything I post PM me or report it.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #27
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

That looks excellent. Not a fan of the show but congrats to those who like the line.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #28
EvilRyu14
Frackin!

Gentle Giants stuff has been pretty amazing as of late. I think they get my vote for most improved quality statues over the past 5 years.
EvilRyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #29
EvilRyu14
Frackin!

One thing I have to give an honest critique about is Daryll's face could have been done a little more accurately. Michonne looks very good though I must say.
EvilRyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:24 AM   #30
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
...I want a Rick Grimes.

Rick & Carl for sure.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote