Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #601
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If you're torn, it means you're not truly in love with either. So I would save money and put it towards a statue you WILL love -- like the XM Scarlet Witch, SS Rogue/Psylocke/Emma.

Just sayin. Wait for the aftermarket and SDCC reveals.

id wait for a deal on a reg in the a/m which is what ill be doing, even the xm will probably be less expensive in a year or two - it doesnt have the kind of buzz the pieces that increase in value have
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:10 PM   #602
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If you're torn, it means you're not truly in love with either. So I would save money and put it towards a statue you WILL love -- like the XM Scarlet Witch, SS Rogue/Psylocke/Emma.

Just sayin. Wait for the aftermarket and SDCC reveals.
Yeah, the SS won't sell out anytime soon, as most of their pieces don't sell out anymore until over a year has passed. Magneto's not even sold out (EX). Plus, with XM they often have up to 6 months go by when they first show a piece to the official PO.

I think once I have seen all of the SDCC reveals (the other X-Ladies and hopefully Juggernaut) that will help me determine if I'm going to save or splurge.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:03 PM   #603
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The big reason for my harsh criticism on this piece is because of how originally excited I was from the tease and feeling the beads of stress on how I was going to squeeze the finances to get the Sideshow X-Men line. Then they release this portrait to my utter horror.

Manstique. Not in my collection. But maybe in yours. Some of you may be open to the new realities of society where the social norms of what looks like a man or a woman are blurred, and that's ok. Maybe this is in your private collection away from the judging eyes of friends, family, or society where someone might ask you why you have a statue of a blue man wearing a dress? And that's ok. But that does not require the rest of us to conform.

If you read other fan base forums you will see the battle of opinions raging on which at the heart feels like the social justice war. Star Wars is one such example.

I raise this question of art direction with Sideshow because I'm sure someone there had to think this portrait could have male overtones but perhaps they could not speak up at the threat of not being PC or other social work environment pressures? Based on rumor, how was a long hair portrait in the works but did not pass concept? It was in the tease.

Happy for those of you that like this piece. But also happy that for the moment I can say, as colorfully as the rainbow warrior and offensively as I do, that I do not. Happy collecting!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:26 PM   #604
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Great. Thank you so much for sharing. You must be a real thrill of a person to talk to in real life. Moron.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:27 PM   #605
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
The big reason for my harsh criticism on this piece is because of how originally excited I was from the tease and feeling the beads of stress on how I was going to squeeze the finances to get the Sideshow X-Men line. Then they release this portrait to my utter horror.

Manstique. Not in my collection. But maybe in yours. Some of you may be open to the new realities of society where the social norms of what looks like a man or a woman are blurred, and that's ok. Maybe this is in your private collection away from the judging eyes of friends, family, or society where someone might ask you why you have a statue of a blue man wearing a dress? And that's ok. But that does not require the rest of us to conform.

If you read other fan base forums you will see the battle of opinions raging on which at the heart feels like the social justice war. Star Wars is one such example.

I raise this question of art direction with Sideshow because I'm sure someone there had to think this portrait could have male overtones but perhaps they could not speak up at the threat of not being PC or other social work environment pressures? Based on rumor, how was a long hair portrait in the works but did not pass concept? It was in the tease.

Happy for those of you that like this piece. But also happy that for the moment I can say, as colorfully as the rainbow warrior and offensively as I do, that I do not. Happy collecting!
What kind of statue would you consider “feminine”? No offence, but I question your idea of femininity and masculinity.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:29 PM   #606
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

She's up, BTW.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...ibles-3006691/
Old 06-14-2018, 03:32 PM   #607
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I also hate the portrait. It's the only thing that ruins it for me. Perhaps if Sideshow wants to drive home a more realistic portrait, they should also include a pretty one in the process. I'm not going to take the time to get to know my statue's personality (it has none). I just want them to look pretty or awesome. This statue accomplishes neither to a point where XM is a real alternative. If XM's sells out before I decide to pull the trigger, there will be no sleep lost for me.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #608
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
What kind of statue would you consider “feminine”? No offence, but I question your idea of femininity and masculinity.
Not to say that he is, but he does come off as one of those alt-right incel asshats.
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #609
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Another dud. No thanks
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #610
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Scale comparisons