Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #1281
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
Your right, we should never complain and just suck it up and move on. Must be great to have all the knowledge, clarity of thought and insight.
But that's not what he (Jedi_don) is saying. I think it's (maybe) valid to enter a thread and state that, for you, the statue is not worth the asking price....but to hammer on, from a general perspective, regarding general price rises really doesn't add any value to the open discussion. You should know by now that complaining on a forum doesn't sway a companies pricing structure.....it just doesn't.

However, as an adult, you can decide how you deploy your disposable income, and ALWAYS have the choice to vote with your wallet.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:44 PM   #1282
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
But that's not what he (Jedi_don) is saying. I think it's (maybe) valid to enter a thread and state that, for you, the statue is not worth the asking price....but to hammer on, from a general perspective, regarding general price rises really doesn't add any value to the open discussion. You should know by now that complaining on a forum doesn't sway a companies pricing structure.....it just doesn't.

However, as an adult, you can decide how you deploy your disposable income, and ALWAYS have the choice to vote with your wallet.
You are completely correct, companies do not use forums to make their product choices, set their pricing or other demographic information.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:05 PM   #1283
grphyx1
Kingpin

but it feels so great to do it

Quote:

grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:25 PM   #1284
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
You are completely correct, companies do not use forums to make their product choices, set their pricing or other demographic information.
They may do, certainly to a minor extent, however, that's not what I stated. I stated that complaining on a forum never amounts to a company changing the price of its products.

Name me one example of a price "complaint" thread on Statue forum, that resulted in the target company revising its price downwards! That's a genuine challenge, as I'd be interested to see if such a phenomenon has ever come to pass.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #1285
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:
They may do, certainly to a minor extent, however, that's not what I stated. I stated that complaining on a forum never amounts to a company changing the price of its products.

Name me one example of a price "complaint" thread on Statue forum, that resulted in the target company revising its price downwards! That's a genuine challenge, as I'd be interested to see if such a phenomenon has ever come to pass.
Even if that could be quantified no company would make it that clear, for obvious reasons. If our voice did have an impact they would do their best to mitigate us knowing it, that way we would not realize the influence we had. They would never hear the end of it if we knew we make a difference. But per the usual,perhaps I am wrong. One could argue that statues like Thunder Frog for $99.00 could be a way to appease the customer instead
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #1286
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Was there any SDCC news on when these would be shipping?
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #1287
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

2047 was their estimate.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #1288
ronskimomo
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
2047 was their estimate.
That seems about right!
ronskimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:12 PM   #1289
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
2047 was their estimate.
Optimist