Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #121
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyahui View Post
Good points Paul,but I think you would sell at least 350 to 400 1/4 Robocop units,at $750 a pop easly,like you said cinemaquette quality
I would sign up and put down an advance deposit to help get this done,the pcs one is great,and Jerry did a good job,but from what I've seen if your Cain and Ed ,yours would be a highly sought after piece,so maybe we should start a list?
I'm in.1)
Paul said he would need to sell 500 to make it worth while for him. I love Robocop but it isn't a very popular franchise to begin with for high end collectibles and quite frankly the market is saturated with Robocop pieces in most scales. Paul hasn't been able to sell all of his ED-209 and Cain pieces yet so that doesn't bode well for jumping into yet another expensive Robocop piece without being assured he can make a profit. It's unfortunate but that's the reality of the situation.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #122
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
It's saturated with :
1. Iron Man
2. Batman
3. Street Fighter
4. Mortal Kombat
5. Ninja Turtles
6. Transformers

...but not Robocop unless I'm missing something.

Everywhere I look it's something from the list above or five different companies with the same license to produce a Transformers or some Streetfighter product.
Like I mentioned in my post to jfyahui, Paul hasn't sold all of ED-209 or Cain yet so why would he invest in yet another expensive Robocop piece that he can't sell 500 units of? Passion projects here and there are one thing but you can't have a whole line of expensive passion projects to satisfy 50 people on a statue collecting forum. That's a losing proposition.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:28 PM   #123
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Like I mentioned in my post to jfyahui, Paul hasn't sold all of ED-209 or Cain yet so why would he invest in yet another expensive Robocop piece that he can't sell 500 units of? Passion projects here and there are one thing but you can't have a whole line of passion projects to satisfy 50 people on a statue collecting forum. That's a losing proposition.
I thought Cain was already sold out?

How many ED-209's are left.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:29 PM   #124
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

True but viper,you really believe a Robocop statue would not sell 500 units ?
Let's start the ball rolling see how many people would like one...
Can someone start a list?
Who wants a 1/3 vs 1/4?
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:29 PM   #125
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:

Both Cain and ED-209 are still up for sale on Chronicle's website.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:34 PM   #126
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Quote:

I also think with ed,being 1/6 and and pricepoint wise was perhaps..tricky...it did get them noticed,and get them attention,I think he should have started with the main guy himself first,then do Cain,and lastly ed,
Im getting both ed and Cain right now together,i,be paid just over half for both of them,and I can't wait,especially with Cain you get the remote,and some prints I believe..
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #127
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyahui View Post
True but viper,you really believe a Robocop statue would not sell 500 units ?
Let's start the ball rolling see how many people would like one...
Can someone start a list?
Who wants a 1/3 vs 1/4?
I think it would be a hard sell to sell 500 Robocop pieces at $750 especially since PCS just released theirs.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #128
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We made 500 Cain and we don't have many left, Cain has been very popular and sold really well.

ED-209 we made 300 and I think we have about 80 left, that's not good. Also we have hefty royalties and we do a profit share with Phil.

Cain and Ed put us on the map and we don't regret one moment of making those pieces, but Robocop is no Terminator Genisys or Jurassic Park.

Robocop would not sell in 1:4 scale no matter how accurate I made one, PCS is still delivering theirs and with a three year wait it probably left a bad taste with collectors.

I'd love to do more Robo, but the market just can't support another statue and it doesn't matter if it's Hot Toys or Cinemaquette. The Hot Toys ED-209 is not accurate, the domes fall off and I can't sell a Cinemaquette quality ED-209. I realize our product is $1200, but it was $999 for the first 30 days and we didn't sell out.

I have to stick with the licenses that generate income to feed the machine. We don't drive fancy cars and double up on existing licenses. We had Conan long before anyone else, we were just double licensed and it sucked.

King Conan will hit 300 units by the time it lands, but it's not a win.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:04 PM   #129
Choopie
Birdman

Yep, Robocop is a franchise that doesn't sell well on the market, for whatever reason. I can understand why Paul is hesitant to move beyond the 1:2 bust. I think even PCS lost money on its Robocop project. I think it would have been a completely different scenario 5-7 years ago when manufacturing wasn't as expensive as it is today.

I will say I have no interest in a 1:3 scale of anything, let alone Robocop. Too big, too pricey. Even a 1:4 scale Robo, which is what I would be interested in, at the $750 price point is more than I would even want to spend on a collectible, especially for that license. Nostalgia only goes so far.

But I do understand why it would be so expensive. The art of the piece is in the suit and nobody has gotten it right.

I'm curious to see how this 1:2 bust will turn out.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:15 PM   #130
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I guess we'll have to wait and see if Prime 1 decides to produce some Robo stuff.

Those guys have a major hard-on for 1/3 scale.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote