Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
aric
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Ale Garza BoG

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1015765
aric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
aric

Old 05-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

cool piece. has a jim lee vibe to it.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
dcd747
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I saw Ale working on this. I should have known it was yours, Aric! Congrats! I love Ale's work!

Last edited by dcd747; 05-23-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
dcd747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
Frank
Death is hereditary.

Love it!! Great piece Aric!!
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #6
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Another great Batman Aric. I met Ale last weekend,but did'nt see this piece.
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
aric

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd747 View Post
I saw Ale working on this. I shopuld have known it was yours, Aric! Congrats! I love Ale's work!
I am jealous then...I rarely get the opportuniy to see artists working on my art. It's only happened a few times actually...and it is amazing watching each artist stare at that blank page and then....start
Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
dcd747

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric View Post
I am jealous then...I rarely get the opportuniy to see artists working on my art. It's only happened a few times actually...and it is amazing watching each artist stare at that blank page and then....start
I usually try not to watch when they're working on my own stuff because I don't want them to feel rushed. Barry Kitson and George Perez were notable exception for me this past weekend because that just tends to be the norm with them. It's truly crazy how quickly George can whip up a quick head sketch in 5 minutes that's better than what most artists could do in hours.

Ale was working on the smoky effect when I came by and it was really cool to see him at work.

I know Ale gets a bad rap from lots of people because of commission experiences, but I would find it really hard to pass him up at a convention. His work is just too good!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
aric

Agreed re GP...he is amazing and can work despite all distractions. I brought my gang (all four of them) to meet GP at a con last year and he invited them behind the table with him to watch his draw (he was drawing Cinderella for one of them). he sat there talking to them, drawing, and even making lttle changes suggested by a four year old. That is an ARTIST

Re Ale, I haven't heard anything negative about commission experiecnes. This piece was set up by MGA and was very smoote. It was commissioned less than a week before the convention, so my experiecne was actuaklly a great one
Old 05-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
dcd747

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric View Post
Agreed re GP...he is amazing and can work despite all distractions. I brought my gang (all four of them) to meet GP at a con last year and he invited them behind the table with him to watch his draw (he was drawing Cinderella for one of them). he sat there talking to them, drawing, and even making lttle changes suggested by a four year old. That is an ARTIST

Re Ale, I haven't heard anything negative about commission experiecnes. This piece was set up by MGA and was very smoote. It was commissioned less than a week before the convention, so my experiecne was actuaklly a great one
Good to hear. I hope he has turned things around in that regard because his work is so great. I know that at one point if you googled his name and "commission", the result was not a positive one.