Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 07-29-2014, 04:13 PM   #81
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Well, would you look at that.. 1/4 scale after all.

Ex ordered! I'm absolutely ecstatic for this one.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #82
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Good point. I will say it is a bit refreshing to get things outside the norm.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:27 PM   #83
Mitch07137
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Also the light up base looks pretty sick
Mitch07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #84
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looks pretty awesome. It kinda doesn't make a whole lot of since to get the regular. Been wanting a 1/4 Samus but wanted the Varia suit like everybody else.

But Thank god First 4 Figures are doing something different from everybody else. I don't think anybody has made anything for the Metroid line
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:51 PM   #85
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
So the Regular has no light up?? Wow that's a pretty big fail, this is the LIGHT suit after all . . .

I guess I'm used to Exclusive that are minimal differences, non-essential, no light up is sorta deal breaker for a piece like this.

Glad I got the Exclusive in . . .
F4F has had this feature as an EX before more than once. I have the Dark Link REG and i am very happy with it. Like said previously its going to look the same unless you have the lights on 24/7.

+1 on the EX
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #86
LionHeart717
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
F4F has had this feature as an EX before more than once. I have the Dark Link REG and i am very happy with it. Like said previously its going to look the same unless you have the lights on 24/7.

+1 on the EX
Not to mention, the lights might fail eventually, so you should make sure you're okay with the regular look before ordering. My Dark Link Ex's lights failed after about 2.5 years, but I still like the statue.
LionHeart717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:46 PM   #87
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Personally I think they might have a hard time selling the non lit version. They might as well have just had a single version that lights up and called it a day. Zelda also did not have an exclusive either. Light up functions for things like Metal Sonic or Midna are more like novelties, but with this suit it's a pretty important part of the design. It would be like having a PF light saber that didn't light up.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #88
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Personally I think they might have a hard time selling the non lit version. They might as well have just had a single version that lights up and called it a day. Zelda also did not have an exclusive either. Light up functions for things like Metal Sonic or Midna are more like novelties, but with this suit it's a pretty important part of the design. It would be like having a PF light saber that didn't light up.
Well thats just the case we were making. Even if you have the EX the lights will fail eventually if you use them often. Also plenty of non working sabers on the PF as well i have 2 that dont work but i still want the statues.

At the end of the day lights are just a novelty that can enhance but shouldn't make or break the piece and this is no different. Either you like it for the character and the sculpt or your selling yourself short.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #89
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
Well, would you look at that.. 1/4 scale after all.

Ex ordered! I'm absolutely ecstatic for this one.
They said they would and they did...this piece in 1/4 is going to look sweet on display,I can't wait to see it in person..... Goran really did a fantastic job on this....Congrats to him and to anyone picking this piece up...cheers
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:21 PM   #90
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I was tempted by this, but the last few posts have convinced me to pass. This looks great as a light-up, but without great love for this suit, I'm sure I'd be disappointed when it burns out.

I think the only suit I really need is a 1/4 Varia.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote