Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-17-2020, 11:45 PM   #111
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

In case anyone’s interested I got the skywarp today. Looks great. 2 tiny nicks and just a couple bubbles. I know over time with temp changes and humidity changes these bubbles will likely disappear. See it in the huge vinyl stickers on cars all the time. I have never received a perfect statue and doubt I ever will. I went through it with a fine tooth comb. It looks better than I was expecting. I think optimus looks terrible and not sure I will keep it (the small one) but this larger statue really looks incomparably better. You don’t notice how they did it and just see the character. Optimus I see what looks like cheap ink jet stickers everywhere. Hopefully this isn’t just a large vs small thing as I have the small soundwave on its way and if it looks good then grimlock as well. Otherwise will just get the larger ones. Will review the thundercracker tomorrow and starscream Wednesday.
Also of note I see it says it’s the skywarp exclusive. Only 75 made and don’t recall it saying anything about exclusives other than for starscream.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:22 PM   #112
Aussiebot
The Spirit

I don't get the criticism of the little Optimus Prime statue. I have it at home and think it looks great, no issues with the decals at all. It certainly looks cell-shaded enough to me.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:48 PM   #113
off
The X-Men

Poor little Optimus!
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:06 PM   #114
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Mine looks very fuzzy. Reminds me how f what I could print out of my inkjet printer on real low resolution. The jets don’t have this issue. Thundercracker and skywarp look very crisp and cant really tell they are decals. I know prime was their first one so think this will not be an issue with others (possibly not even with all the primes). Minor issues with jets but as stated it’s being picky and have never seen a perfect statue so I am very happy with them. Opening starscream later tonight.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:01 PM   #115
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

As I’ve mentioned repeatedly, the water slide decals on my Classic Optimus were badly aligned with the underlining sculpt. I also found the decals fairly fragile and as such there were punctures and cracks in a few places. Also the decals that wrapped around along the edges of the front windscreens were peeling on mine as there was excess decals that should’ve been removed.

And as mentioned above they weren’t the best quality print quality. At first glance I could see that they were decals and not paint.

It was one of the worst pieces I’ve ever received... or maybe it’s just the disappointment from having what should’ve been a great piece.

I decided not to order the larger scales as I just didn’t want to risk it.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:02 PM   #116
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
As I’ve mentioned repeatedly, the water slide decals on my Classic Optimus were badly aligned with the underlining sculpt. I also found the decals fairly fragile and as such there were punctures and cracks in a few places. Also the decals that wrapped around along the edges of the front windscreens were peeling on mine as there was excess decals that should’ve been removed.

And as mentioned above they weren’t the best quality print quality. At first glance I could see that they were decals and not paint.

It was one of the worst pieces I’ve ever received... or maybe it’s just the disappointment from having what should’ve been a great piece.

I decided not to order the larger scales as I just didn’t want to risk it.
I was very concerned also after getting optimus but I can vouch for 2 jets. They look awesome and the quality isn’t comparable vi encourage you to get one if your thinking about it. A couple of the best statues I have. I am hoping this quality continues through both lines going forward. Already preordered soundwave and Megatron my soundwave should ship in a week.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:02 AM   #117
Aussiebot
The Spirit

It's good to hear the big jets look good. I'm really interested in Soundwave & Shockwave. Hope they look as good as little Prime does.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:49 AM   #118
extracomputer.1

Sure they will. I am personally expecting them to look better now that they seam to have this new process down. Got my notice that soundwave ships out next week so should know soon.

As for prime if you have him and really like that’s great. I was just very unhappy as were several others. I am banking on I didn’t like him is due to they just had some things to iron out and think they have. I did like his pose.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:53 AM   #119
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Yeah I am happy with Optimus. Hope you you give us an update when your Soundwave arrives.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:53 AM   #120
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Yeah I am happy with Optimus. Hope you you give us an update when your Soundwave arrives.
Will do
Also opened starscream last night. Other than some very minor things like with the other 2 jets he looks great. Would have preferred that he wasn’t so dark (red and grey are very dark) he looks almost perfect. I have high hopes for this company. Hoping their pvc for gi joe looks good as well. If it does I wouldn’t mind getting some minibots in the cheaper pvc version (he already stated they had no current plan for any minibot statues in the shaded lines).