Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-29-2020, 03:55 PM   #891
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I wonder if SPECFiction has their own run of these like the Batman Blue did? Maybe the 78 is just for their orders. I think the Batman numbering for SPECFiction ones was ESP on the box instead of EX.

Actually the Sideshow ones do have the Church base. It looks like you have a SPECFiction edition of the Ex.

Here is a post earlier in this section with pics of one that came from Sideshow.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=766
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:27 PM   #892
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
The one with the smoke stack is the gargoyle one that was designed as the EX piece. That's the one everyone is getting. The regular version was supposed to be the church base, but it looks like they're going to mail those out later to people who ordered from Tweeterhead.

A quick recap (not to drudge up old dramas, but to explain the situation):

Robin was announced with a regular church base and an EX base (available only from Tweeterhead) that would hold Robin, Batman, and Batgirl. This was later changed to just Batman and Robin. This was later changed to Robin and Batman would have similar bases with a connective piece. This was again changed so that Robin would have a base similar in design to Batman's base (it would have a gargoyle theme). (Keep in mind that the can was being kicked down the road repeatedly as far as showing the design went. The smoke stack was added to give weight to the back of the base since it was a bit tipsy.)

People then found out that if they ordered the EX, they would only be receiving the base that matched Batman's base, because for whatever reason Tweeterhead assumed that we wouldn't want the regular base. People were once again upset because the EX base should be an additional item, not the only base (keep in mind, the original announcement indicated that you'd receive the normal Robin base and a base that would fit multiple characters).

This led Tweeterhead to announce that they'd create the church base and mail it out to Tweeterhead customers later this year (on its own).

However, I ordered mine off of Spec Fiction and received the EX gargoyle base, not the church base. So far, I haven't seen any pictures of people with the church base, which leads me wondering if they ever even released them. I don't know what base you receive if you order from Sideshow, as I don't know anyone who has received one from Sideshow.

The brown shipper box on Robin shows an ES number of 78, which is ridiculously low. The bottom of the base says it has an ES of 80. Starfire was the same way, as her shipper box had a more specific number (though her ES was more than double Robin's). I don't remember the exact number, but the number on the base was rounded to the next 10--so that appears to be common practice.

I included a picture of the church base that was originally advertised.

My speculation: Robin received very low orders, which was the reason for the constant redesigns (saving money). My question is if Tweeterhead even bothered running a "regular line" (with the church base), as Spec Fiction is selling the Tweeterhead EX base. I wonder if everyone just got the EX base--which would oddly make the church base (the regular base) the real exclusive--as only people ordering through Tweeterhead will be mailed one.
Thank you so much. I haven't ordered him, but was considering him and blue Batman and had no clue what was going on with the base situation. I kinda like the church base better, but either is fine.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:34 PM   #893
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I wonder if SPECFiction has their own run of these like the Batman Blue did? Maybe the 78 is just for their orders. I think the Batman numbering for SPECFiction ones was ESP on the box instead of EX.

Actually the Sideshow ones do have the Church base. It looks like you have a SPECFiction edition of the Ex.

Here is a post earlier in this section with pics of one that came from Sideshow.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=766
Thanks! I was hoping for the church base. However, since I'll be displaying Batgirl, too (and she has a gargoyle base), I suppose this one is fine. And I'm happy with the very low ES. Though, on its own, the church base is nicer looking.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:36 PM   #894
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Thank you so much. I haven't ordered him, but was considering him and blue Batman and had no clue what was going on with the base situation. I kinda like the church base better, but either is fine.
Yeah, then it's best to order from Sideshow. The ES number is super low on the EX though--which is sort of nice, too. Plus, Batgirl and Batman all have gargoyle bases. If it's on its own, I'd say the church base. If it's with Batman and Batgirl, go gargoyle. If it's with just Batman--I'd still go with the church because it's going to look like two different buildings anyway.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:08 PM   #895
JemBoyKen
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
My bad. Yes comment was similar. Not arguing, but for me it doesn't set off any eye irritation on my shelf. For you, it obviously bothers you and you should certainly pop and email to them if you are so inclined. I heard cohesive bases and it never crossed my mind that they would be on the same gargoyle. I see what you are saying, but it's all in how you interpreted what Chad was saying. So hit him up with an email.
Hey grphyx1, no worries..I wasn’t arguing with you either.

I HAD emailed Chad before on a couple things and got zero response about this and my other question.

You always seem to be so helpful with other members questions or concerns about Tweeterhead stuff and seem to have this magical direct line to Chad that gets an official answer ASAP so I thought I would try a different route...my bad, I probably should have DM’d you first asking if you’d help me instead of making a post asking you too. My apologies.
JemBoyKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #896
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
Yeah, then it's best to order from Sideshow. The ES number is super low on the EX though--which is sort of nice, too. Plus, Batgirl and Batman all have gargoyle bases. If it's on its own, I'd say the church base. If it's with Batman and Batgirl, go gargoyle. If it's with just Batman--I'd still go with the church because it's going to look like two different buildings anyway.
Sorry to bother you again. But, I am now seeing a bunch of pics on the TH Fan page on Facebook and the church looking base is definitely the one I'd want. Is that the version Sideshow got?
Old 07-29-2020, 07:54 PM   #897
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Okay, so...I'm assuming specfiction gets the ex base, but won't get the combo base or the church base...that would keep things in line as far as TH being the only place to get the (full) ex. So, two different exs in a sense, but spec's is limited.

In any case, still have mine in the box, but it looks good in the pics and reviews. Color of the base ruins the same rooftop idea, but the paint looks clean. Looks cool...I'll see if I can unbox mine tomorrow.

^the church base should be the reg base...SS sells regs only so that should be the base they get.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:07 PM   #898
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Sorry to bother you again. But, I am now seeing a bunch of pics on the TH Fan page on Facebook and the church looking base is definitely the one I'd want. Is that the version Sideshow got?
Church base is the Regular edition available from Sideshow, BBTS, etc.

Gargoyle base is EX from TH and SpecFiction. I know the TH ones will be getting the Church base as well later on but I am not sure if the SpecFiction Ex will.

Breakdown of edition size is this.

550 Regular
186 TH Ex
78 SpecFiction Ex
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #899
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Church base is the Regular edition available from Sideshow, BBTS, etc.

Gargoyle base is EX from TH and SpecFiction. I know the TH ones will be getting the Church base as well later on but I am not sure if the SpecFiction Ex will.

Breakdown of edition size is this.

550 Regular
186 TH Ex
78 SpecFiction Ex
Perfect, thank you so much. Then if I decide to get the pair, I'll be getting the regular Robin.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:50 PM   #900
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

My Robin statue came from Collector's Row on Ebay and it is the gargoyle base with the smoke. I do know that if Tweeterhead has extra editions left over that Collector's Row does sell them for him.
The shipper box says it is number 63 of 78 and the bottom of the base says 63 of 80.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote