Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-15-2006, 07:23 AM   #21
wizard-comics
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: New Caprica City, New Caprica ("accidentally" left behind)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
This is the one franchise who have messed with costums far too much IMO.

they have messed with them but let's face it, everyone running around in spandax would look to silly.....characters look okay in the comics because every single one usually looks like they go to the gym for 3 hours a day and all the women are hotties...you can draw them in crazy spandex/lycra outfits..but in the real world it just wouldn't work....I think the black leather outfits work well enough for the moves and as far as Juggs helmet...a good point was brought up...he couldn't turn his head in the comic version....this one will work better...

we all gotta remember that Marvel is trying to bring a lot more people to the movies than just us comic geeks...they know we're sold...it's the none fans, people that just watched a few cartoons, and kids with no real knowledge of the history of these characters that need to shell out the bucks to make these franchises expand and bring in more fans to the comics!

Ya just gotta give them leeway and go into these movies with an open mind...and try to understand why they do what the do to our characters.....Wolverine running around in a yellow spandex costume with some goofy oversized mask would get laughed out of the theater..

...........hell, if I woke up tomorrow with powers I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that kinda crap! works in the comics but not in the reality that weall live in!
wizard-comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:09 PM   #22
Nightwinger
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Spiderman,The Fantastic Four, Superman.
Nightwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #23
Dj-B13
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-comics
they have messed with them but let's face it, everyone running around in spandax would look to silly.....characters look okay in the comics because every single one usually looks like they go to the gym for 3 hours a day and all the women are hotties...you can draw them in crazy spandex/lycra outfits..but in the real world it just wouldn't work....I think the black leather outfits work well enough for the moves and as far as Juggs helmet...a good point was brought up...he couldn't turn his head in the comic version....this one will work better...

we all gotta remember that Marvel is trying to bring a lot more people to the movies than just us comic geeks...they know we're sold...it's the none fans, people that just watched a few cartoons, and kids with no real knowledge of the history of these characters that need to shell out the bucks to make these franchises expand and bring in more fans to the comics!

Ya just gotta give them leeway and go into these movies with an open mind...and try to understand why they do what the do to our characters.....Wolverine running around in a yellow spandex costume with some goofy oversized mask would get laughed out of the theater..

...........hell, if I woke up tomorrow with powers I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that kinda crap! works in the comics but not in the reality that weall live in!

Exactly, well said there Wizard
Dj-B13 is offline   Reply With Quote