Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Oh yeah! I absolutely LOVED Oblivion.
Underrated movie.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:15 AM   #24055
Python
Omega Red

IT (2017) - 7/10

Late to this one as usual. I guess it was pretty much what I expected, your standard jump scare fest with a clown thrown in. I was hoping for a bit more than that given the massive hype it's had. But it was enjoyable enough none the less. The kids were all pretty good little actors and their side of the story was done fairly well. Whoever played Pennywise did a fairly good job also. But I'd like to see more psychological and smarter scares from a sequel rather then just loud crashing sounds with jump moments every time.

Justice league - 6/10

Not sure how to score this one. I'm not too invested in comic characters in general so I tend to go in with different expectations to most viewers. I've heard that this is the worst thing ever put to film. That's not the case. This has some fairly enjoyable moments with a few interesting characters. I liked the flash and his light relief which worked just fine for me in context (great after scene moment also) And I've always liked HC as Supes personally, but I quite like MOS so what do I know?

Ultimately however, even though there was stuff to like here for me. It was still just a run of the mill comic action flick full of CGI bag guys, and fairly bad CGI sadly which takes me out of a movie and reduces my enjoyment immensely. It was a a bit all over the place at times also.There's a potentially good franchise in here if they can smooth over the edges and just make a better movie with the characters and world they have. So not a terrible movie by any means, but not particularly memorable either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Oh yeah! I absolutely LOVED Oblivion.

So did I. I like most Tom Cruise movies tbh, I never understood the bad rep he gets from some corners.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #24056
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
IT (2017) - 7/10

Late to this one as usual. I guess it was pretty much what I expected, your standard jump scare fest with a clown thrown in. I was hoping for a bit more than that given the massive hype it's had. But it was enjoyable enough none the less. The kids were all pretty good little actors and their side of the story was done fairly well. Whoever played Pennywise did a fairly good job also. But I'd like to see more psychological and smarter scares from a sequel rather then just loud crashing sounds with jump moments every time.

Justice league - 6/10

Not sure how to score this one. I'm not too invested in comic characters in general so I tend to go in with different expectations to most viewers. I've heard that this is the worst thing ever put to film. That's not the case. This has some fairly enjoyable moments with a few interesting characters. I liked the flash and his light relief which worked just fine for me in context (great after scene moment also) And I've always liked HC as Supes personally, but I quite like MOS so what do I know?

Ultimately however, even though there was stuff to like here for me. It was still just a run of the mill comic action flick full of CGI bag guys, and fairly bad CGI sadly which takes me out of a movie and reduces my enjoyment immensely. It was a a bit all over the place at times also.There's a potentially good franchise in here if they can smooth over the edges and just make a better movie with the characters and world they have. So not a terrible movie by any means, but not particularly memorable either.

So did I. I like most Tom Cruise movies tbh, I never understood the bad rep he gets from some corners.

Justice League being called the worst movie ever is nerdy diva nonsense at it’s finest , it is disappointingly average at best.

I love TC too , best bang for buck movie star, I watch all his movies in the cinema. He get’s a bad rap for being a nut job but also alot of my guy friends are too afraid to admit they like his movies coz he is too good looking and it threatens their map rep.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #24057
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Mad Max - Fury Road 10/10
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #24058
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Mad Max - Fury Road 10/10
I know i was in the minority but this was one movie i did not like. I liked one and two . 😁
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #24059
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
I know i was in the minority but this was one movie i did not like. I liked one and two . 😁
Adding you to my ignore list.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #24060
built2shred
Phoenix

Tom Cruise kind of plays the same character in all his movies, the cool guy.... So it can be repetitive watching his movies. That said, I do enjoy most of his action movies... mostly for the story and the crazy stunts he does...

I do think some of his crazy antics in the real world color peoples perspective of him as an actor. I noticed you don't hear much about Tom's personal life anymore... I think that was a smart move by his agents to make him keep a low profile.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote