Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #11
abarron
Batman

I have had some dodgy calls for interviews and things in my time.
I always try to research the companies online and find out what they do and what i will be doing for them.
I have cancelled a couple of interviews because i was wasn't convinced they were legit companies
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
patrickwm68
The Flash

One time I responded to an ad in the paper that said something like "Do you want to work in sales? Do you like music? Do you want to work in a fun environment?" etc.

So I go to the interview and no sooner I get there the owner says he'll be right back and he gets in his car and leaves. So now I'm the only one in there and I start looking around and I notice all these pictures of stereo speakers on the wall, then I notice all the unmarked white vans parked outside.

I realized they were those guys that approach people in mall parking lots asking if they want to buy speakers claiming they have an extra pair left over from an installation job.

So I got the heck out of there and as I was driving away the owner was coming back and he actually tried to block me from leaving. LOL
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

I've had my share of creepy interviews too...

One time, this fellow wanted me to join his team. However, before doing so, he wanted to test my skills. What struck me as bizarre was that he asked me to perform a relatively challenging and time consuming task at 20% my normal fee. Thing was, the client was still being charged the full rate. I expressed the conflict of interest, not to mention the flagrant disrespect, and politely told him to get lost. The moment someone believes they can get away with paying you less than your worth, or paying you late, it'll never end.

In my experience, also, whenever people are either trying to make it sound like they're doing you a favor for paying you far less than what you're worth, or worse, appear awfully quick to have you become an integral part of the team (like partner or co-owner), it's time to run.

Trust your instincts.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #14
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

you guys ever go into a interview and they put you to work on the spot?

Went to one and i had like 4 interviews lined up that day and this guy tried to put me to work. Didnt talk about hiring or pay etc.., just wanted me to do some ads etc... I asked him if this is a test, he said ya but it was actual work for him. Had to walk out cause i wasnt gonna work for free for the day. LOL
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #15
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I've had my share of creepy interviews too...

One time, this fellow wanted me to join his team. However, before doing so, he wanted to test my skills. What struck me as bizarre was that he asked me to perform a relatively challenging and time consuming task at 20% my normal fee. Thing was, the client was still being charged the full rate. I expressed the conflict of interest, not to mention the flagrant disrespect, and politely told him to get lost. The moment someone believes they can get away with paying you less than your worth, or paying you late, it'll never end.

In my experience, also, whenever people are either trying to make it sound like they're doing you a favor for paying you far less than what you're worth, or worse, appear awfully quick to have you become an integral part of the team (like partner or co-owner), it's time to run.

Trust your instincts.
Always sets Alarm bells ringing.

You gotta work for a promotion.
Saying that i could do with one at the mo
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote