Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-20-2023, 04:14 PM   #621
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

She looks beautiful. Truth be told, I feel the OG was equally as beautiful. I still have mine. I opted to not get the updated one mainly because IMO it was a bit too similar to the OG....costume, color pallete, almost pose. I do prefer that the OG has the crossbow AND staff. But again, either one of these versions of Helena Bertinelli are fantastic!!!!! I am so glad you have one. Thank you for posting and sharing. I do love the character and do love the sculpt. You can't go wrong with either one.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 04:22 PM   #622
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
She looks beautiful. Truth be told, I feel the OG was equally as beautiful. I still have mine. I opted to not get the updated one mainly because IMO it was a bit too similar to the OG....costume, color pallete, almost pose. I do prefer that the OG has the crossbow AND staff. But again, either one of these versions of Helena Bertinelli are fantastic!!!!! I am so glad you have one. Thank you for posting and sharing. I do love the character and do love the sculpt. You can't go wrong with either one.
I came close to picking up the Huntress you mentioned (with crossbow + staff) when Sideshow had a deal on. I was too slow to act, thus missed out. The fabric cape on that piece looks just like the cape on Sideshow latest Huntress.

Come April, Juggernaut should ship. The shipping + import is going to hit like a train. It has to be done.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 05:07 PM   #623
Onewiththeforce

so sorry......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I came close to picking up the Huntress you mentioned (with crossbow + staff) when Sideshow had a deal on. I was too slow to act, thus missed out. The fabric cape on that piece looks just like the cape on Sideshow latest Huntress.

Come April, Juggernaut should ship. The shipping + import is going to hit like a train. It has to be done.
about the shipping for that MONSTER!!! Wow!!! I can only imagine. Best of luck to you.

Yea, the capes are just about the same on the Huntress.

The same mentality for my kinda holds true for Black Canary....I thought about the new one, ......but feel someone similar in that of the Huntress. I have the OG one and as their costumes are still pretty similar and both are basically a museum pose both accentuating their better assets, as opposed to their powers, I thought I would stay with the OG. Again, they are both very awesome and both very sexy, I just feel either one is great with not much difference overall between the two.
Old 03-20-2023, 05:12 PM   #624
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
about the shipping for that MONSTER!!! Wow!!! I can only imagine. Best of luck to you.

Yea, the capes are just about the same on the Huntress.

The same mentality for my kinda holds true for Black Canary....I thought about the new one, ......but feel someone similar in that of the Huntress. I have the OG one and as their costumes are still pretty similar and both are basically a museum pose both accentuating their better assets, as opposed to their powers, I thought I would stay with the OG. Again, they are both very awesome and both very sexy, I just feel either one is great with not much difference overall between the two.
I picked up the latest Black Canary PF, athough i do like the previous Sideshow Black Canary. At first i thought it failed to look as good as the proto, but as time went on i grew to like the previous Black Canary, it sold out, and ebay sellers wanted too much. Which is why i picked up the most recent Sideshow Black Canary
Old 03-20-2023, 05:16 PM   #625
Onewiththeforce

lucked out....

Quote:
I picked up the latest Black Canary PF, athough i do like the previous Sideshow Black Canary. At first i thought it failed to look as good as the proto, but as time went on i grew to like the previous Black Canary, it sold out, and ebay sellers wanted too much. Which is why i picked up the most recent Sideshow Black Canary
yea, I was lucky to get mine locally from a nearby seller in my area. I got an incredible deal at the time. He was just selling it as he wanted to make room for another piece that was coming so he was willing to let it go for pennies. ( you know what I mean ). So I jumped on it.

Yea, EBAY is ridiculous!!!!!
Old 03-21-2023, 11:21 AM   #626
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

I have adapted to the slightly off mask position by blaming it on Huntress having a bad mask day
Old 03-21-2023, 11:28 AM   #627
Onewiththeforce

You know....we go to Comic Cons annually and even dress up. It just hit me how I cannot recall the last time I saw a Huntress Cosplay at a con recently or in past years.......I wonder why..?

it's a great costume!!!
Old 03-21-2023, 12:07 PM   #628
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
You know....we go to Comic Cons annually and even dress up. It just hit me how I cannot recall the last time I saw a Huntress Cosplay at a con recently or in past years.......I wonder why..?

it's a great costume!!!
Using the power of Google..
I found:
Huntress at Comic-Con SDCC 2013

Old 03-21-2023, 12:41 PM   #629
Onewiththeforce

nice pic.

Quote:
Using the power of Google..
I found:
Huntress at Comic-Con SDCC 2013

but that was 2013. quite some time ago.

crazy how this character is not more cosplayed nowadays.

But I guess nowadays it's all about Anime and just how far of an envelope peeps can push without getting arrested for indecent/inappropriate exposure.

LOL!!!!

But with the way the world is today and how just about everyone today is a 'model'....so much is acceptable and such. Come to think of it, I guess Huntress may be considered to be too conservative of an outfit after looking at some of the vids posted on You Tube of like the SDCC, etc. LOL!!!
Old 03-21-2023, 12:46 PM   #630
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
....I wonder why..?
Quote:

Now we know

Joking aside, huntress is probably not very popular, expecially not compared to some anime characters..
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote