Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-12-2018, 11:03 PM   #1551
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I love that he gives all his sculpts a unique face. It really gives each of his pieces it’s own personality. For a while there I had a bunch of Newman pieces and it was like they all shared the same face.
Personally i love newman portraits too, i think his portraits are unique as well, although they do have a stronger touch of newman-ism vs harbottle who has a particular subtler touch. True this portrait is unique from the others (as all of them are from one another) but not in an appealing way imo, the others are uniquely different and beautiful, this one is just different.

If some had told me this was a harbottle portrait before he said he was the sculptor i wouldn’t have believed them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMRogue View Post
Wow those are all so beautiful! Wouldn't have thought it was the same person.
Doesn’t look like the same sculptor to me either.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:07 PM   #1552
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Don’t know how collectors can buy this without worrying. Sideshow can’t even properly design a Wolverine statue that has both feet planted on the base.
May sound crazy but i feel confident rogue will hold, given the concerns i’m sure they’ll take the necessary precautions, in cases like wolverine it tends to be the statue we least expect were some may have structural issues.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:02 AM   #1553
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Don’t know how collectors can buy this without worrying. Sideshow can’t even properly design a Wolverine statue that has both feet planted on the base.
Shouldn't we be less worried about Rogue? There's only one connection to the base for them to get right. Personally I'm more concerned about WW having the same issue as Wolverine.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:13 AM   #1554
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Finally figured out who Rogues face reminds me of. Its Aletta Ocean.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:34 AM   #1555
darren1228
Zot

Call me crazy but there is no way that Rogue’s attachment is easier to design compared with Wolverine.

Yes some of you got perfect attachments but there are plenty of reviews with hard to insert pegs. I just saw a poster who forced the peg in but the entire peg snapped off when he tried to disconnect it.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #1556
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Call me crazy but there is no way that Rogue’s attachment is easier to design compared with Wolverine.
I wasn’t saying its easier to design but that i think more precaution is being taken with rogue to assure that it doesn’t break because it is a concern, while in the case of wolverine not much thought was given to the peg placement as i doubt anyone expected the foot peg to come loose. Thats my thinking anyway.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:50 AM   #1557
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I wasn’t saying its easier to design but that i think more precaution is being taken with rogue to assure that it doesn’t break because it is a concern, while in the case of wolverine not much thought was given to the peg placement as i doubt anyone expected the foot peg to come loose. Thats my thinking anyway.
You'd hope, but they sure didn't seem to have a clue on the live show.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:10 PM   #1558
gomur
The Tick

Outstanding design. The costume is a faithful take on the comic version (rest in pieces, Deathstroker). I feel the classic portrait could've used a different face or expression.

Given this dynamic pose, I'd be worried about stability even if it were 1/6. I can only imagine how secure that hand must be in 1/4 scale and weight. For the price this thing needs to stay immaculate over the years and avoid a fate like this or worse.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:14 PM   #1559
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Outstanding design. The costume is a faithful take on the comic version (rest in pieces, Deathstroker). I feel the classic portrait could've used a different face or expression.

Given this dynamic pose, I'd be worried about stability even if it were 1/6. I can only imagine how secure that hand must be in 1/4 scale and weight. For the price this thing needs to stay immaculate over the years and avoid a fate like this or worse.
LOL. I really wish I had your editing skills.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:27 PM   #1560
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
lol. What was especially disappointing for me is (I’m not sure if your familiar with the sculptor) will harbottle colloquially known as godbottle, is my favorite sculptor/ portrait artist(arguably the best). A few of his works below, so you can only imagine my shock when i saw rogue, it is my least favorite of all of his portrait works.

Guess everyone has a one off, Igo did say they had dead lines etc for the hair, maybe the case was the same for the portrait.

Well said! I’m holding out on rogue hoping I can make myself like it or something will be tweak.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote