Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-09-2012, 05:48 AM   #231
Podolski06
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hi Jerry, can you please get us all excited about the new He-Man line and tell us which will be the first 5 character releases you have lined up.....and then cancel it after we have all bought into it. Thanks pal!
Podolski06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #232
Vectorsigma75
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Im seriously considering getting Mumm-ra because the 2 pieces are a set now (companion pieces)
Vectorsigma75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #233
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I am very disappointed by the sudden turn of events, i've been saving money for this line and working double shifts! in order to acquire Tygra, Panthro and Cheetara. too bad the latest info are disheartening...The same goes for the stop of the 2011 Series. It's definitely not the best outcome fort eh franchise...

I really really hope the Cats don't stay in limbo and in the fridge for 25 more years...
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #234
Podolski06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
I am very disappointed by the sudden turn of events, i've been saving money for this line and working double shifts! in order to acquire Tygra, Panthro and Cheetara. too bad the latest info are disheartening...The same goes for the stop of the 2011 Series. It's definitely not the best outcome fort eh franchise...

I really really hope the Cats don't stay in limbo and in the fridge for 25 more years...
I know that there are quite a number of customers that Jerry has lost now due to this news...i truly believe he should have released Panthro after Mummra. This would no doubt have sold out instantly IMO...Why show us a painted Cheetara head sculpt if Tygra was next to be released? We didnt even see the final pic of her! Sounds odd to me. We were promised Tygra, then Cheetara 2 months later, then Panthro 2 months after that! Now look whats happened! In regards to Tygra, yes it was a good sculpt but maybe people were waiting to get it after the release to save a few pennies which is what sometimes happens or maybe it was priced too high? Either way i have lost confidence in Jerry and his company and i will join those others who have now turned their back to him. Very disappionting.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #235
Podolski06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorsigma75 View Post
Im seriously considering getting Mumm-ra because the 2 pieces are a set now (companion pieces)
No way! Mummra looks awful and too plastic-y for my taste. I never got him for those reasons and because he's on such a high base he looks out of scale to Liono...I say sell Lion-o while you can...without the rest of the Thundercats your collection is worthless
Old 10-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #236
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podolski06 View Post
I know that there are quite a number of customers that Jerry has lost now due to this news...i truly believe he should have released Panthro after Mummra. This would no doubt have sold out instantly IMO...Why show us a painted Cheetara head sculpt if Tygra was next to be released? We didnt even see the final pic of her! Sounds odd to me. We were promised Tygra, then Cheetara 2 months later, then Panthro 2 months after that! Now look whats happened! In regards to Tygra, yes it was a good sculpt but maybe people were waiting to get it after the release to save a few pennies which is what sometimes happens or maybe it was priced too high? Either way i have lost confidence in Jerry and his company and i will join those others who have now turned their back to him. Very disappionting.

Partly, i agree with you.Indeed Panthro is the most neglected character, HH, PCS, Icon heroes left him to be released much later. Only Mezco produced him early and from what i;ve been reading it's going quite well.
But Mezco's quality can't match up to a statue, so for me Panthro should be shown more respect and tribute...

Tugra was HH's last statue and apparently Jerry's last displayed thundercats piece. So We have seen 2 versions of the same character, the same goes for cheetara but none for Panthro. My guess, but Panthro could have brought back the line and running...

However, Jerry couldn't have predicted the sudden fall of the franchise and the drop of interest so i wouldn't blame him.
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #237
Podolski06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Partly, i agree with you.Indeed Panthro is the most neglected character, HH, PCS, Icon heroes left him to be released much later. Only Mezco produced him early and from what i;ve been reading it's going quite well.
But Mezco's quality can't match up to a statue, so for me Panthro should be shown more respect and tribute...

Tugra was HH's last statue and apparently Jerry's last displayed thundercats piece. So We have seen 2 versions of the same character, the same goes for cheetara but none for Panthro. My guess, but Panthro could have brought back the line and running...

However, Jerry couldn't have predicted the sudden fall of the franchise and the drop of interest so i wouldn't blame him.
Without doubt Panthro should have been next! Real bad decision on Jerrys part IMO. As for where the blame lies, well thats upto each person to decide but to pull the whole project and discontinue the line lies with Jerry....he could easily have put Panthro up next or a Slythe or Wily Kit or Wily Kat with Snarf exclusive to get the line going again and then tried again with Tygra later down the line...
Old 10-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #238
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I am also disheartend about the recent turn of events as I was really looking forwrad to putting the Thundercats together ... by far one of my top 3 favorite cartoons as a kid.

Therefore with that said what will Sideshow exactly be doing in regards to everyone who ordered Tygra as I not only got hit with a NRD I used my Reward Points as well.
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #239
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podolski06 View Post
Hi Jerry, can you please get us all excited about the new He-Man line and tell us which will be the first 5 character releases you have lined up.....and then cancel it after we have all bought into it. Thanks pal!
What a jerk. If I was Jerry (which I am not), I wouldn't do MOTU. I would make a bunch of them for myself and then show them off so that YOU and others like YOU would get pissed even more knowing you could never get what I can make....especially since I would have the skill and ability to do it.

Grow up Pod. You should be much better than this.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #240
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
What a jerk. If I was Jerry (which I am not), I wouldn't do MOTU. I would make a bunch of them for myself and then show them off so that YOU and others like YOU would get pissed even more knowing you could never get what I can make....especially since I would have the skill and ability to do it.

Grow up Pod. You should be much better than this.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote