Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-18-2022, 07:04 PM   #3441
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire - Based on Anne Rice's iconic novel, follow Louis de Pointe's epic story of love, blood and the perils of immortality, as told to the journalist Daniel Molloy.

I've read the first five books in the Vampire Chronicles and I liked this a lot. I didn't mind at all that it deviated from the novel. The fact that it was so different kept me guessing where it was going and how it would get back to the integral points in the book--which it certainly did in the finale. For those not bound to the source material, there's a lot to enjoy here. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 03:17 PM   #3442
Python
Omega Red

What we do in the shadows.

S1 - 8/10

Another show that somehow skipped me by, but I'm really enjoying. Matt Berry definitely has a way with words and a very comically British way of delivering them. I'm not sure how he translates internationally but he has me chuckling regularly. Highly recommended although it's probably not for everybody.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 03:24 PM   #3443
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post

S1 - 8/10

Another show that somehow skipped me by, but I'm really enjoying. Matt Berry definitely has a way with words and a very comically British way of delivering them. I'm not sure how he translates internationally but he has me chuckling regularly. Highly recommended although it's probably not for everybody.
I LOVE this show and every season is great. Very funny stuff.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 04:25 PM   #3444
Straken-SWE
Hydra

"An intimate portrayal of the daily life of four police officers, where the line between private and professional life blurs out as tensions heighten in the animated and crime-ridden city of Malm?, Sweden."

Excellent show, probably as close to reality I've ever seen a police show. Would give both season 1 and 2 a 8/10. Two points off for not even touching on the gigantic problem of gang related crimes.
But we all know why that is.
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 07:30 PM   #3445
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post

S1 - 8/10

I don't care much for comedies in general, but I love this show. It only gets better after the first season.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 11:38 PM   #3446
omigeo
Alpha Flight

1899... bizarre and mind bending 8/10
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 05:02 AM   #3447
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I don't care much for comedies in general, but I love this show. It only gets better after the first season.
I love this show. I never watched it until season 4 started and I started from the beginning, and I laughed so much at it lol.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 02:25 PM   #3448
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I LOVE this show and every season is great. Very funny stuff.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
I love this show. I never watched it until season 4 started and I started from the beginning, and I laughed so much at it lol.

Glad to see I'm not alone, and happy to hear that it gets even better. I look forward to starting S2 now. Sometimes it pays to be behind the times as you can blast through the lot at your hearts content
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 02:03 PM   #3449
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire - Based on Anne Rice's iconic novel, follow Louis de Pointe's epic story of love, blood and the perils of immortality, as told to the journalist Daniel Molloy.

I've read the first five books in the Vampire Chronicles and I liked this a lot. I didn't mind at all that it deviated from the novel. The fact that it was so different kept me guessing where it was going and how it would get back to the integral points in the book--which it certainly did in the finale. For those not bound to the source material, there's a lot to enjoy here. 8/10
I agree, a well written and produced series. I really enjoyed it and the performances. I?ve read Rice?s entire Vampire Chronicles and thought the changes here not only really worked but we?re easily understood based on the initial premise of the first installment.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 01:03 AM   #3450
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Andor (Season 1) - 9/10

Seems like things will really heat up during Season 2, can't wait.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote