Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-10-2020, 10:08 AM   #2011
rykerw1701
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaster View Post
Seriously, i've been thinking about this line for the last couple of days. Since the announcement of the last Harley, i'm really getting done with the line... I have all the Bombshells statues so far(except the supergirl/batgirl and Death/Shazam), but buying another Harley is something I don't want at all. I have the standard, christmas, on the deluxe on the bomb and joker harley. And now another one... It's getting a bit annoying. I only want to get this Harley to complete the line. But actually, I don't feel buying Death and Shazam as I want as before. I'm really getting done with the line.
How about you guys? Opinions?
I started out with the idea I'd get all of the line, and then the two-character statues came out, and the variants and septia, and Aquaman and I decided I'd better start picking and choosing. I've devoted all the space to them I want to, anyway. I start to resent whatever it is I'm collecting when I have to chase figures and pay too much for them, or my display gets too crowded or worse, I have crap stacked in my basement I never even open.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:20 PM   #2012
Gothamite
Phoenix

Like many forum members, I'm tired of the Harley Quinn overload. However, I like what sculptor Tim Miller has been doing with face sculpts since his switch to digital. His previous Bombshells statues basically had the same face with eyes that were too big. Now the eyes are actually proportional, and the faces are individualized to some extent. The new High Striker Harley Quinn is the prettiest of all the Bombshells HQs.

I guess the best advice is what Augen, jeremydmc, and others have already posted -- buy only what you like (not every statue in a line) and sell pieces that no longer appeal to you.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:43 PM   #2013
risingstar
Jedi Order

I have another theory on this. Hollywood seems to think that people will line up to see hot looking 20-something year old women break laws, swear, have indiscriminate sex, beat up men 5 times their size senseless without breaking a sweat while wearing high heels and Armani, and of course, all the while presenting men like complete morons.

I'm not saying that this is what Harley movies are like, but I get the sense this is what many film goers think so they don't bother going. I imagine this is why the new Charlie's Angels never even got a chance.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:43 PM   #2014
risingstar
Jedi Order

Double post for some reason.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:49 PM   #2015
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Like many forum members, I'm tired of the Harley Quinn overload. However, I like what sculptor Tim Miller has been doing with face sculpts since his switch to digital. His previous Bombshells statues basically had the same face with eyes that were too big. Now the eyes are actually proportional, and the faces are individualized to some extent. The new High Striker Harley Quinn is the prettiest of all the Bombshells HQs.

I guess the best advice is what Augen, jeremydmc, and others have already posted -- buy only what you like (not every statue in a line) and sell pieces that no longer appeal to you.
Yeah, I love Wonder Woman and Supergirl and sometimes I'm like "thank you for another, but could we have some of the other characters too?"
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:58 PM   #2016
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I have another theory on this. Hollywood seems to think that people will line up to see hot looking 20-something year old women break laws, swear, have indiscriminate sex, beat up men 5 times their size senseless without breaking a sweat while wearing high heels and Armani, and of course, all the while presenting men like complete morons.

I'm not saying that this is what Harley movies are like, but I get the sense this is what many film goers think so they don't bother going. I imagine this is why the new Charlie's Angels never even got a chance.
One of my thoughts on leaving Birds of Prey is how they de-sexualized Harley, Huntress, and Black Canary. They took a decidedly different approach than the comics.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #2017
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Got Death yesterday and the quality is really nice. The paint is virtually immaculate, especially the face. I don't know what happened with the Batgirl ones, but this one is great. My only trepidation was that I had to flex her arm a lot to get the umbrella rod into the handle. That made me nervous. Other than that, she's great! I'm glad they reversed the colors and removed the urine syringe (seriously, WTF was that...).
UnicornPegasus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:15 PM   #2018
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I buy the pieces I want and pass on the rest. Keeps me sane and not feeling burned out.
Same. Frankly none of the recent Bombshells have interested me. I think Raven/Starfire were the last ones I bought.

As for Harley, I only have the original, and the first edition Joker/Harley, and that's enough for me.

I don't see me getting any more pieces in this line unless they make some lanterns (Arisia, Carol, Hal).
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:20 PM   #2019
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:

Quote:
Double post for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
One of my thoughts on leaving Birds of Prey is how they de-sexualized Harley, Huntress, and Black Canary. They took a decidedly different approach than the comics.
Your posts also appeared in the wrong thread.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:22 PM   #2020
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
I don't know what happened with the Batgirl ones...
Batwoman, actually. I think that factory is the same one that has been making most of the HQ RWB statues.