Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-19-2023, 07:12 PM   #421
Lestat Phoenix
Birdman

Still, waiting for mine where did you get yours from?
Lestat Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 08:37 PM   #422
Thor57
Teen Titans

Spec Fiction
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 09:55 AM   #423
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Is the coloring really that washed out on the statue? I can't tell from these pics so I'm curious to see more.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:09 PM   #424
Thor57
Teen Titans

He was delivered today. I’ll let ya know thoughts when I get him together.
Old 04-29-2023, 03:26 PM   #425
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Is the coloring really that washed out on the statue? I can't tell from these pics so I'm curious to see more.
It is I?m afraid. It?s just bland. No depth, no detail. His jacket, tunic, pants and boots almost blend together they are so plain. The dead are boring too. The portraits are better than people say, but not by much. You can obviously tell it?s Viggo, but again, it?s just a trash paint job.

But, I love the design, and his presence is stunning. So I?m having him fully repainted. I love what Prime 1 was going for, they just missed the mark. I?m about to carry their ---- carcass across the finish line regarding this statue.
Old 04-30-2023, 02:52 AM   #426
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
It is I?m afraid. It?s just bland. No depth, no detail. His jacket, tunic, pants and boots almost blend together they are so plain. The dead are boring too. The portraits are better than people say, but not by much. You can obviously tell it?s Viggo, but again, it?s just a trash paint job.

But, I love the design, and his presence is stunning. So I?m having him fully repainted. I love what Prime 1 was going for, they just missed the mark. I?m about to carry their ---- carcass across the finish line regarding this statue.
I have mixed feelings about this piece as well. The likeness is actually very good; definitely better than anything Weta has produced. The colours are quite subdued, but under good lighting, it looks great. However, the pose and base just don't work for me.

Aragorn is facing directly forward, but the cloak is billowing straight behind him. As a result, you can't really appreciate it when you're displaying the statue head-on, which is necessary if you want to see the face. This also means Anduril is just a silver-line, because you're seeing the edge, when a different angle could have given us a better look at the flat of the blade. The cloak should have been flowing around him more, so we could appreciate the pose from multiple angles. It's clearly intended to be viewed only from the front, since Aragorn is facing forward, and viewed from any other angle means you can't see all three ghosts together. It's also very out of place next to the other P1 LOTR line, because the others all appear to be depicting specific scenes from the trilogy, with the corresponding environment as the base. Frodo is in Shelob's Lair. Boromir is at Amon Hen. Legolas and Gimli are at Helm's Deep. But it's not clear where Aragorn is supposed to be. Since he's with the ghosts, it should either be at Pelennor Field or the shoreline when the army of the dead take the ships, but there's no grass or rocks to suggest that. It's much more abstract than the others.

The base is just a huge mistake. I can't remember any scene from the films where these ghosts emerge from out of the ground. It doesn't look right. The rest of the the base is very plain. When compared with my P1 Red Sonja, it just looks bare and low on detail. The whole presentation sort of gives the impression Aragorn is riding on a spooky boat, or something. I think the King of the Dead would have been better off with his own statue in the vein of P1's Nazgul than combined with Aragorn. As it stands, I'm considering selling or trading mine for another piece.
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 11:15 AM   #427
Thor57
Teen Titans

Oh man, other that agreeing that we’re mixed feelings, I think we differ on every reason why haha. I love the pose and presence. The ghosts aren’t supposed to be literally viewed as coming out of the ground. It’s just representing them running into battle with Aragorn, at his side. To do the scene they are referencing (it is in the movie) they would have had to essentially have this be a 4 piece 1/4 scale diorama. But the scene with Aragorn leaning forward and cloak flowing behind is when they charge to Pelennor fields from the dock. It’s right after Gimli says “There’s plenty for the both of us, let the best dwarf win.” I just watched it to confirm. I will give you the stone beneath his feet should be stone blocks instead of one slab.

But back to the statue. After reading your comment I went back up stairs and viewed mine again. There is detail on the piece. It’s all there, just like with some of Prime 1s better sculpts. The problem is the paint. What I think happened is they got lazy due to their instructions. Aragorn is supposed to look filthy and grungy. He’s been wearing the same clothes since Helms deep. I think the painters were shown pictures, told to make him look dirty and they took that as let’s just flat paint him. Same for the dead. Make them all give off a greenish hue, and they took that as blend a bunch of greens and slap it on there.
Old 04-30-2023, 11:20 AM   #428
Thor57
Teen Titans

Here is its. This is right as he starts to run into the Orc line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11A5AD28-674C-4C85-83CB-23A01C731A94.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	161479  
Old 05-07-2023, 05:28 PM   #429
Lestat Phoenix
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post

You could not be more wrong. Everything you said is a joke. Watch a real review of the statue and decide for yourself before listening to this clown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_qsZ25a4JI&t=81s
Lestat Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 08:00 PM   #430
Thor57
Teen Titans

Nevermind. Not worth it. Another on the ignore list.

Last edited by Thor57; 05-07-2023 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Not worth arguing with children.