Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-07-2020, 09:46 PM   #121
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Disappointed in the likenesses and the price tag. The screaming portrait looks more like Vlad the Impaler than Aragorn. None for me thanks.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 12:54 AM   #122
pau123
Sailor Moon

P1 gonna need to re evaluate their pricing
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:31 AM   #123
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This just doesn't look like Aragorn enough to warrant a purchase from me.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #124
snakej32
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
This just doesn't look like Aragorn enough to warrant a purchase from me.
Maybe some of people who defend Prime 1 Denarys' likeness can post some pictures of Aragorn in different lighting with different makeup! Then we'll be able to tell that the likeness is actually flawless on this piece too.
snakej32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 11:36 PM   #125
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakej32 View Post
Maybe some of people who defend Prime 1 Denarys' likeness can post some pictures of Aragorn in different lighting with different makeup! Then we'll be able to tell that the likeness is actually flawless on this piece too.
that thread for her. I don't think they will sell many of these at this price and with those portraits, it will probably mean less LOTR stuff in the future.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 05:39 AM   #126
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The way i see it is i liked this statue when it was first shown nothing's changed it just got two more portraits which aren't perfect but should i ever sell one day exclusives seem easier to move...Heck i may like the extra heads in hand if not I'll display the regular head which i liked originally...It already costs lots to collect from overseas in Aus so what's an extra 100 lol...I feel the two exclusive portraits and price have killed the interest in this one understandably...i'm still in.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:25 AM   #127
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyluzZ View Post
Im european and this is so ----ing true!

Prices here are insane, especially Prime1! I wanted the Aragorn and the 1/3 Phoenix Joker, but 1800euros for the damn clown.....sigh....dont really know what to do
Nothing to do man, we are being priced out of the hobby.
I cant justify these prices , I can afford it but I can’t justify it.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:20 PM   #128
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Nothing to do man, we are being priced out of the hobby.
I cant justify these prices , I can afford it but I can’t justify it.

Yeah, this is how I feel about 99% of statues these days. There's plenty of stuff out currently that I'd love to buy, but I simply can't justify it any longer with prices as they are. Not with actual bills to pay in the real world. It's crossed that line where it's just too much. I only have one order this year so far, Prime 1's Jungle hunter DX and that thing will easily break $2k all in, but I really like it. I might get their City Hunter also but I am not stumping up the $1950 (plus crazy shipping and import duty) That they are asking for their Big chap Alien, as much as I'd love to buy it. They need to cut us a little slack somewhere.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:41 AM   #129
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah, this is how I feel about 99% of statues these days. There's plenty of stuff out currently that I'd love to buy, but I simply can't justify it any longer with prices as they are. Not with actual bills to pay in the real world. It's crossed that line where it's just too much. I only have one order this year so far, Prime 1's Jungle hunter DX and that thing will easily break $2k all in, but I really like it. I might get their City Hunter also but I am not stumping up the $1950 (plus crazy shipping and import duty) That they are asking for their Big chap Alien, as much as I'd love to buy it. They need to cut us a little slack somewhere.
I am getting the city Hunter because

1) I have always wanted a Pred piece
2) dont have much display space left, so the wall mount is perfect.
3) It’s an iconic pose

I have to have the bermejo Joker because it is easily the best Joker piece and is one of those pieces I know I will never sell.

But I have skipped on Scarecrow,Logan,Freeze and Gambit , really nice pieces but I just don’t have the budget for them. Plus with taxes I am paying like 200 to 300$ Aud extra , I just feel stupid at those prices.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:26 AM   #130
SkilledButton
Nightwing

I think, personally, the likeness is fine especially on the original portrait.

I just think the price point is way too high... It's almost the price of the balrog dio which I like infinitely more than this one.

Congrats to all who POed this, if it was cheaper I likely would have jumped on board but it's too hard to justify the price on something I don't share the value on. Hopefully don't regret passing, it's an extremely nice piece imo
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote