Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #2831
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Any chance for another Rex? Maybe around 1/10 scale? The end scene from JP with Rex screaming would be great.

Even I'd likely buy that were it done (with better final paint based on experience gained from the breakout Rex) Maybe even a separate statue with a couple of Raptors to compliment it.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:07 PM   #2832
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron0288 View Post
If IS were able to take CC’s breakout sculpt and reposition it to their pose, it would be perfect. IS have clearly taken their sculpt almost entirely from JW files. They have said they’ll be reworking it so hopefully they’ve taken comments from here and elsewhere on board.

To come back to Chronicle, another thank you to Paul to posting all those pictures. Very interesting! I think Dinos4Ever was missing Paul’s point, in that yes, all that footage of JP Rexy files have been available for years on making of videos etc, but original files are not available in the same way they are from JW. I mean think of the advances in computer technology in 25 years! Even if the files were available, they’re probably simply not useable in conjunction with Chronicles computer design system.

Chronicle nailed the sculpt, failed on the paint job in the production process (re breakout) and have seemingly and hopefully learned from the whole process. We obviously have a great future of JP collectibles in store (I adore my Stego maquette), thanks to IS being involved now too. It’s all good.

I think we're missing each other's point. It's like my investigative journalism professor would say. It's a matter of "read" vs "Read". That is, reading to reply, vs reading to comprehend. Paul said there were no assets available. Then he moved the goal post, and said useable files available. I mean, of course there's no USEABLE files available. That was nearly 25 years ago on computers that are so obsolete that most people probably wouldn't know what to do with them.

What I was saying was that there's reference material available, maybe even files from when Spielberg did the 3D transfer. Nobody wanted to listen to that fact. But, why should any of this surprise me. Nobody listened when I said the Bull paint was inaccurate. Nobody listened when we first said the Breakout paint was coming out bad. Nobody listened when I said the Stego plates looked more like the JW paint job. So why should I be surprised that nobody listens now? I don't even know why I try. I'm guessing I'm holding out for some glimmer of hope that somebody will listen in the future.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:38 PM   #2833
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We have the best assets on earth at our disposal, we have a 7' T-rex from Stan Winston Studios. We have access to ILM, we have access to Universal Archives and we have the Amblin team.

As a producer the most frustrating part is when people tear you down and they aren't even customers. They've never bought one thing.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize another companies work, but until you've been on the licensing and manufacturing side, you have zero clue what it takes to bring these to market.

Like I've always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't.

Lots of people have asked me about the IS diorama. Personally I like it, there are a lot of things I would have done differently, but it's not my product.

We will continue to produce quality pieces as close to the original assets as possible. We will continue to produce the Winston Maquettes until we've exhausted what's on hand.

I've made a lot of changes to a lot of products based on the feedback I've gotten from this board. Constructive criticism goes a long way with me, not trying to prove something is good or bad, I'm not blind, I know when I get it wrong and I try to Fix it. I'm 8000 miles away from the factory and when I approve something from a sample, you expect the entire run to be the same.

Anyway, I appreciate the support we get from the fans and there will always be one or two armchair quarterbacks that think they know everything and that everything should be easy to change. I apologize for getting defensive about my statement, but what I've said is the truth. Yes there is a lot of reference, but there are zero digital assets from ILM, Universal and Amblin regarding Jurassic Park.

We've supplied more reference to the Universal Archives in the past two years than they were able to reassemble in the past ten.

Paul

Last edited by Chronicle CS; 12-09-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #2834
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I would like to share some thoughts that have been running through my head for a last couple of days... I don't have a problem admitting when I'm wrong. While watching those teaser pics from IS, I've posted on IS thread a quote from JP, that "CC will extinct". Although I'm not satisfied with the BO Rex paintjob, their sculpt is more supreme than IS. Also, by making it in 1/20 scale CC made it affordable not only to a collectors but also to common JP fans. I don't know what is IS targeted audience for 1/10 scale and edition number, but I wish them luck. Thank you CC for making the piece that I've always wanted. I'm saying again, although I'm not 100% satisfied, I've learned to love it.
By "traditional", I think he means something like the official bronze maquettes base. The Isla Nublar base without concrete wall would be cool. But I would be careful launching this bronze line. Sure, the Breakout Rex had his success, it's sold out and some people regret not getting one. 300 units sounds very optimistic to me. I'm not an expert but I think real bronze requires different type of mold because of the temperature while casting. If they are going for the faux bronze, then there is obvious not much investment into new piece except the new base.
What I'm trying to say is that I would personally invest funds and effort into new piece. Paul, if you're reading this, please go with the running TLW Bull T-Rex bronze
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #2835
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
We have the best assets on earth at our disposal, we have a 7' T-rex from Stan Winston Studios. We have access to ILM, we have access to Universal Archives and we have the Amblin team.

As a producer the most frustrating part is when people tear you down and they aren't even customers. They've never bought one thing.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize another companies work, but until you've been on the licensing and manufacturing side, you have zero clue what it takes to bring these to market.

Like I've always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't.
I'm not sure if the nearly word for word quote of Ludlow's TLW mid-hike spiel to Malcolm is intentional, but I'm going to resist quoting his retort and simply say, I think I now know what it's like to be Ian Malcolm.

And for the record, I've been hoping for a TLW Bull maquette from you guys for a looooong time. If you're looking to get your hands on an original, I know Peter Jackson has one of the maquettes made for the movie. It's not the final, but it would be a good place to start.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:04 PM   #2836
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Leekson, I saw your comment and I appreciate you coming here and making this post. We may just do a real bronze run of the Breakout and keep it to 25 units. I may also see if we could do just a 50-100 piece in faux bronze as well.

We've also started the Rex from the end of the film where the banner falls, maybe we could do that one as a faux bronze?

Paul
Old 12-09-2017, 02:19 PM   #2837
FROBAY
Phoenix

I’m down for a faux bronze with no patina, please.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:22 PM   #2838
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Leekson, I saw your comment and I appreciate you coming here and making this post. We may just do a real bronze run of the Breakout and keep it to 25 units. I may also see if we could do just a 50-100 piece in faux bronze as well.

We've also started the Rex from the end of the film where the banner falls, maybe we could do that one as a faux bronze?

Paul
Are you talkin....same scale as the current one? Real bronze would be cool but $$$$$$$
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #2839
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Frobay, so like the old Winston bronzes where it just had a black wash?

Paul
Old 12-09-2017, 02:35 PM   #2840
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

Paul
Sure you could, but after the painted version, it would be a disaster to launch holy grail unpainted
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote